Response to 'I am now vaping'

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Billy Mays

Response to 'I am now vaping'

Post by Billy Mays » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:11 pm

RealNC wrote:I doubt there's non-sweet ones [e juice]

The perceived sweetness range goes from mildly sweet to insanely sweet based on flavor additives and VG/PG concentration, it's pretty unavoidable to have a non sweet e-juice at the moment. You have a number on the bottle such as 80/20 which designates the VG/PG ratio. The first number is the VG concentration which is your sweetener, and the second number is your PG concentration which causes the throat hit or burn. Premium ejuices have higher concentrations of the sweetener (the first number) and is a thicker substance than those with lower amounts of VG, this is a desired attribute in premium ejuices, especially in ones that operate around a tank system. To this is added your flavor and nicotine. Most premium ejuices are at the minimum 60/40, but are usually in 75/25 or 80/20 range, and even 90/10 at the extreme high end. Reducing sweetener will just force the company to add higher amounts of VG which will just feel like you are smoking battery acid and it will be super runny and dramatically increase your leaking problems.

Also, with the nicotine in the ejuice, you have the option to go from 0 mg to 9 or 12 is usually about the highest, 6 mg is around the standard for a regular cig smoker to start at. The higher the nicotine levels, the more that the flavor of of the juice gets masked, but the sweetness is there either way.

As far as flavor profiles go, the skies the limit: fruit juices, candy, bakery such as key lime pie and funnel cake, yogurts, mints, custard, peanut butter, coffee, pop, anything and everything you could imagine. They sell ejuices that taste like name brand cigarettes (allegedly), but I've heard they just all taste like shit. I recently finished off a bottle of ejuice that tasted like a fried soft pretzel with brown sugar and graham cracker crumbs on top that was covered in butterscotch and caramel cream. It was ludicrously delicious.

Billy Mays

Re: Response to 'I am now vaping'

Post by Billy Mays » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:32 pm

Billy Mays wrote:Reducing sweetener will just force the company to add higher amounts of VG which will just feel like you are smoking battery acid and it will be super runny and dramatically increase your leaking problems.
*This was supposed to be PG

VG = Vegetable glycerin - Sweetener - The higher the better

PG = Propylene glycol - Throat burn

RealNC

Post by RealNC » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:57 pm

I guess I'll get used to it. I already am, actually.

I don't actually know what's in the stuff I bought. It doesn't say. There's two variants. "High VG (70%)", and "Standard". I got the standard, which doesn't list VG content anywhere (not on the product description, package or bottle.)

It's this one:

https://www.halocigs.com/prime15-eliquid

Their FAQ says they don't list PG content on purpose ("This is proprietary information that we are unable to share at this time.")

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:38 pm

That looks interesting, though I've never tried it before. One of the things that sucks about vaping is that eventually you'll develop "vape tongue" which pretty much means you won't be able to taste anything whatsoever that you're vaping, just like sucking steam with maybe the faintest, unrecognizable hint of something in there somewhere. You'll be vaping the most super premium, expensive, flavor potent juice on the planet and it just tastes like your breathing in steam from your iron. It could be after 4 days or 4 months, it varies on a person to person basis. Usually what people do to avoid this is to switch up there flavor profiles from something super fruity to something super savory or minty. You'll have to clean your tank out really good when changing flavors, but you should be doing that anyways every time you change your atomizer.

I've tried 100's of flavors of premium juices at the vape bars at different vape shops, and the one juice that will probably knock your socks off the most is this:

http://theschwartzeliquid.com/shop/hawaiian-pog/

You can get it a lot cheaper at any number of other websites, that is just the company page.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Oh, you said you don't like the artificial sweetness of vape juice, this stuff tastes just like you are drinking an actual glass of POG, it's sweet and citrus but because of the flavor profiles and quality of ingredients and manufacturing it doesn't taste artificial at all. Different companies use differing degrees of quality in their ingredients, some juice tastes really cheap and their nicotine will give you a headache, while other companies use only the highest quality ingredients and are made in pretty much a pharmaceuticals lab (you would think the lab thing is standard, but there has been a number of scandals in the vape manufacturing community where fairly established companies had fairly disenchanted employees that released pictures of...not a lab...yikes...). Anywho, That company that I gave the link to is about as top shelf as it gets in every department, and their Hawaiian POG flavor is probably their best one.

RealNC

Post by RealNC » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:19 pm

I can't get that brand here. Halo is one of the few made-in-USA liquids I can get in Greece. Most of the others are too difficult to find and importing them myself costs too much.

The "vape tongue" thing sound like it's already happening. It doesn't taste as sweet anymore as it did initially... If it starts tasting like water vapor, I'll switch to another flavor.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:33 pm

Oh. sorry, I didn't know what the difficulties of getting it in Greece would be. I figured if you could get that stuff that you are using from the states online, that it would be a little more accessible and affordable to get other brands as well.

If you find a vaping website with a ton of of different brands and flavors that ships to Greece and is reasonably affordable, let me know what it is and I can give you some recommendations.

Yeah, the 4 months thing was just to say that everyone gets it eventually. It sounds like you are on track for the rate at which an average vapor would experience it.