Pinback's addiction to shitposting

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Tdarcos

Pinback's addiction to shitposting

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:21 pm

For some inexplicable reason Ben seems to be very upset about other people's bad postings - irrelevant, overly long, and/or off topic - and how they represent "shit posts."

So I decided to start a challenge question, for fun, here: http://www.joltcountry.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10152
Which was a simple question to which, if Pinback wanted to, he could have given a simple answer, or if he wasn't interested, ignored it.

His response was to post irrelevant, overly long and off-topic responses. He's shitposting in that thread. The exact same thing he's complaining I'm doing.

Has anyone else noticed this? Either he's oblivious to what he's doing or he's a pure hypocrite.

If you want other people not to do something, it's probably not a good idea to be repeating the same behavior.

So let me pose this back: if you're engaging in a particular behavior, and then when others mimic your behavior is it reasonable to then get mad at them for doing the same thing you're doing? Sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander.

Ben might consider this the next time he does this sort of thing then wonders why I - or perhaps even Billy Mays - do not understand why you get upset at us when we're simply going along with the common and usual practices here, including what Pinback himself is doing.
"Come my restoration… Wash my body clean."
⁠— Martin Page, In the House of Stone and Light

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:37 pm

You've given us all a lot to think about.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Flack

Post by Flack » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:17 pm

We got a lot of prosecutors -- er, prosecutees -- around here.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Either he's oblivious to what he's doing or he's a pure hypocrite.
Well a pure hypocrite is way better than a diluted hypocrite any day of the week, that's all I'm saying.

Now I feel like I'm shit-posting. I'm leaving. Forever.

THE
BELIEVE ME?
AARDVARK

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Well said, Paul.