Tdarcos and Mays's Ruined Thread Counter

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos and Mays's Ruined Thread Counter

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:39 am

OK, here's the deal. You two are ruining threads, which means I have to split them. I gave you guys options for us all getting along and you're not doing it. Additionally I don't have time to go over in detail precisely what, it's sort of something you're supposed to know.

I am starting a counter of threads created by other people that you guys have derailed. You're derailing every thread, but I am going to specifically count the ones you're derailing.

When it gets to three threads then we're going to have to do something. And I'm not counting threads you start.

I'm on your side, both of you. But you're clearly not changing your behavior in the slightest, either of you, and there's other people who want to use this BBS without it being the Billy and Paul show.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Re: Tdarcos and Mays's Ruined Thread Counter

Post by Billy Mays » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I am starting a counter of threads created by other people that you guys have derailed.
The thread on vaping had to do with coping with addiction, that's how it started off, and that is how it progressed. It wasn't about interesting flavors and vape bars and gadgets. I gave some positive encouragement and was asked what my experiences with addiction were. I went on way toooooo long, I got it, but it's a tough question to answer briefly, I probably should have said something like "addiction, it's a bitch, but what are you gonna do?". sorry.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:10 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Additionally I don't have time to go over in detail precisely what, it's sort of something you're supposed to know.
Yeah, but you guys make it a little fucking tricky.

I give some encouragement to a member coping with addiction and then I answer a mod's question about my own experiences and I am criminalized for it. The last time pinback asked me a question (the DRS one), he grilled me for 3 pages because I wouldn't answer it because I knew that whatever answer I gave him would be the wrong one even if I somehow liked his favorite show in the world and answered that! He would then find a million different issues with his former favorite show just to ridicule me with. So I avoided the DRS show and he tried to guilt trip me about how I don't ever want to participate with the group even when given the opportunity.

So I decided I'll take a chance with the Vape thread since the answer to his question will also tie in with the same problems the OP was having and now I am on some sort of disciplinary measures, and my posts got pulled from the thread, and I am made out to be the bad guy again? For offering encouragement and advice on how to cope with addiction? I know I am repeating this same point, but it just doesn't make any sense! Especially not when this is an example of fully approved and appropriate post:
pinback wrote:Have you figured out a way to do it without looking like a giant, pulsating, oozing douche?
Is the term "shitposting" double-speak on this board?

Is this the key detail that I have been missing all along? That shitposting on this bizarre board is interpreted as saying something nice and going off topic is giving somebody advice on an issue they are dealing with and that I have personal experience with? Because that seems to be the pattern with all of these disciplinary actions that have occurred.

That is the only conclusion one could make when going around and looking at these threads! Even years before I even knew about this weird fucking place, you can look back in the previous threads and it is everywhere! Every single fucking goddamn thread is full of nothing but what plain English would consider shitposting and every last one of them gets derailed almost immediately and people fight to the fucking death about every fucking obscure random detail except for anything that even remotely resembles what the original poster stated! For Christ's sake, there is a goddamn thread on here from a currently active member that is about a poll trying to figure out how often people here jack themselves off:

http://www.joltcountry.com/phpBB2/viewt ... ght=master

And don't give me this shit about it's all Paul's fault, people like picking on him because he is weak and he doesn't defend himself. Ok, there's quite a few he derails, but it was probably a shit topic to begin with like facebook perverts or something.

So basically, what this board wants from me ideally to be a productive member of the group is to be the very first person in a thread, read a serious topic that somebody posted about some problems they are working through in their life, and then just insult the fuck out them in one sentence and then leave?

Seriously.

I'm not being sarcastic.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:32 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I gave you guys options for us all getting along and you're not doing it.
Where according to the Square Deal plan did I not abide by your rules? How am I not complying with these options you gave us?

So far, my disciplinary actions have been from:

1. A ban for agreeing with pinback that the passengers on his flight were assholes in his post about how the passengers on his flight were assholes.

2. A ban for giving pinback support and encouragement in his sobriety goals in his post about pursuing sobriety goals.

3. Now disciplinary actions for giving encouragement and support regarding coping with addiction to the original poster in his topic dealing with coping with addiction, as well as answering a question presented to me by a forum moderator.

I am still waiting for at least one person to give any sort of concrete example or argument that what I did in any of these circumstances was wrong, especially in Square Deal compliance in which I have gone above and beyond in following.

Nobody will though, because they can't, they will throw insults and meaningless platitudes my way, but they do not have a single concrete example or argument. I believe Paul was right:
Tdarcos wrote:and it looks like you're being nasty to him for some reason other than his message content or responses.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:54 am

Just to add to the confusion I am having, here are two examples of perfectly acceptable and approved posts taken from pinback's "The "Clean in 2017" Thread.", followed my own post which resulted in my second ban as well as it being the catalyst for the Square Deal plan. I would ask that anybody reading this please pay close attention so that you can try and spot any differences between them:

Here is what a different poster wrote:
RealityCheck wrote:How come this isn't a poll so we can all guess when he fails? I'd say 1 week at most.
and from a different poster:
1 wrote:1
These are apparently both perfectly fine and acceptable nonshitposting comments to make to man who is trying to get sober since those individuals did not get disciplined and their posts did not get yanked and sent to the troll room with Robb scolding them.

Now to contrast that with what I posted:

Billy Mays wrote:I'm personally rooting for you Ben, and I think you can last as long as you set your mind to do so. So my answer is: forever!

Here, surprisingly enough, is the post that got me banned the second time. It is surprising because one user had shitposted pinback and went off topic, a second user just posted the number "1", and the third user (myself) offered encouragement and stayed on topic. Much to my surprise, the response was a little unexpected (the absolute opposite of what anybody would ever expect): My post out of these three examples was the one that this board found objectionable enough to warrant disciplinary action?

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:08 am

Haha, wow.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:22 am

pinback wrote:Haha, wow.

Just so I understand things a little better around here, is this an example of a completely acceptable, on topic, non shit-posting comment?

Flack

Post by Flack » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:00 pm

It's like a Twilight Zone version of the People's Court, where a plaintiff has been cursed by the devil to plead his losing case to an empty courtroom for all of eternity.

Anyone have the remote handy?
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Flack wrote:
It's like a Twilight Zone version of the People's Court, where a plaintiff has been cursed by the devil to plead his losing case to an empty courtroom for all of eternity.

Anyone have the remote handy?
This analogy is dumb, the plaintiff is the party that initiates a lawsuit. If anything I am the defendant pleading my case before a totally corrupt judicial system. But I guess this is also a correct example of not shit posting and being on topic. So far we have:

proper forum behavior: insult the fuck out of people, snarky quips, and completely off topic and random references.

improper forum behavior: Saying anything nice.

Ok, I am learning so much here!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Tdarcos thread that he ruined #1: http://www.joltcountry.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10145

Paul, have some idea

1) What ACK is
2) What party management is
3) Quit going into threads where you have no idea what is going on and then tell everyone they are wrong.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:32 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Tdarcos thread that he ruined #1: http://www.joltcountry.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10145

3) Quit going into threads where you have no idea what is going on and then tell everyone they are wrong.
Where did I say anyone was wrong? All I said was defining exactly what he meant might get a faster response. Further, if "party management" is defined by the documentation for ACK then he probably wouldn't have needed to ask the question.

Also, are these type programs still referred to as "adventure games" or are they referred to as "interactive fiction"?

I will fix the issue.
"Come my restoration… Wash my body clean."
⁠— Martin Page, In the House of Stone and Light

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:51 pm

I have fixed this problem. Since Jonsey is "tetched in the head" about anyone deleting anything, I moved the two messages out of that section and pasted them verbatim in the Troll Room, then replaced them with a deletion message. Under other circumstances I'd simply have deleted the original messages to get rid of the improper item, but as that is not acceptable I moved them out of the thread without deleting them.

If I have the capacity I am willing to try to correct a problem.
"Come my restoration… Wash my body clean."
⁠— Martin Page, In the House of Stone and Light

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:13 pm

Here is another thread that Tdarcos ruined: http://www.joltcountry.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=90377

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:29 am