The Settling of Scores

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:34 am

pinback wrote:You have been irritating and grating to virtually everyone here, as evidenced by the fact that nobody likes you and we all wish you would leave. I'd call that stepping on toes and interfering with how we like the place run.
Ok, fine. I have to admit that while my memory is near-photographic, my idiomatic comprehension is abysmal. I looked it up and I would counter your argument by stating that 95% of what I've been doing has been defensive toe-stepping.

I'll admit there were a few circumstances where I really got out of line when I first got here. It's not something that I'm proud of, but I had judged this place to be extremely shitposty based on the archives and Robb telling me that he allows me to shitpost as much as I want to. The crux of my argument thus far has been the results of the events that lead up to my 3 most recent disciplinary actions where I tried to be a descent member of the community, but got shot down anyways.

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:40 pm

Also, while I would sincerely love to continue the conversation about how I am the near-perpetual victim of unprovoked toe-stepping 95% of the time which forces me to perform retaliatory toe-steps out of sheer survival, I don't feel that the score with Robb regarding how he should not get upset when people shitpost up his threads after giving people full authority to shitpost up his threads in a document that I had warned him would lead to just this exact outcome, and which he had dismissed my prophetic statements (that were based on reason and logic) with a series of insults and 10-dollar words.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13420
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Well, Robb is off his feed today. Like you're 100% every goddamn day? Give him a break, he's dealing with a lot of hardships.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:51 pm

pinback wrote:Well, Robb is off his feed today. Like you're 100% every goddamn day?


Example?
pinback wrote:Give him a break, he's dealing with a lot of hardships.
I wasn't rushing him, the score will just remain unsettled until he is feeling better. It's not the end of the world.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13420
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Billy Mays wrote:
pinback wrote:Well, Robb is off his feed today. Like you're 100% every goddamn day?


Example?
You want me to give you an example in your own life of a day where you weren't at your best? I don't know, man. Perhaps every day of your life has had you at your absolute tops. Good on ya, if so.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

ICJ

Post by ICJ » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Just in case there is a sane person left, Mays is using a thread intended for REPLIES to "go on the offensive," or whatever the equivalent is for him.

But he hasn't done anything wrong. Maybe your photographic memory can be tapped for having a clue about what this was meant for.

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:56 pm

ICJ wrote:Just in case there is a sane person left, Mays is using a thread intended for REPLIES to "go on the offensive," or whatever the equivalent is for him.

But he hasn't done anything wrong. Maybe your photographic memory can be tapped for having a clue about what this was meant for.
In your very own words:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Rules for this thread:

No rules.

Which sounded a little suspicious to me, so I had asked in your Square Deal Plan thread that had first introduced this Settling of Scores thread:
Billy Mays wrote:Can you use "The Settling of Scores" thread to launch unprovoked attacks against people since the one rule of that thread is there are no rules? Or is the one rule of that thread actually that you have to at the very least stay on the topic of settling scores?
To which one of your moderators had responded with:
pinback wrote:Nobody cares what you do in the Troll Room. Carte blanche, my friend!

So clearly this is a thread with no rules whatsoever. The fact that I happen to be using it for the settling of scores is just out of my own generosity to the JC community. The sad reality of the situation, however, is that only Paul has been gracious enough to settle a score with me in this thread. I'm even going to give pinback a little credit here for educating me on certain idioms that I was not up to date on. You, however, have done nothing in this thread outside of attacking me viciously for no reason. The ultimate irony here is since it was done in the Settling of Scores thread, that there is no place to settle THAT score since this thread has no rules. Essentially sending all of those scores to a score limbo where they will remain for all of eternity, completely unsettled.

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 22003
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:14 pm

Billy Mays wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Rules for this thread:
No rules.
See, this is the problem with you and Paul. I have about 10 seconds of interest in Asperger's-based conversations before I start with the yelling.

OBVIOUSLY, and by that I mean OBVIOUSLY to everyone but you and Paul, there are no rules WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF THE GOD DAMN THREAD. And you know that, I refuse to believe anyone is that obtuse.

Christ. No, you had it right, post child porn! Post your ATM PINs! No rules, it says no rules! Obviously what the thread is called doesn't provide context!
So clearly this is a thread with no rules whatsoever. The fact that I happen to be using it for the settling of scores is just out of my own generosity to the JC community.
It's called the SETTLING OF SCORES THREAD you DRIP.

You, however, have done nothing in this thread outside of attacking me viciously for no reason.
"Viciously." That's rich. Now I know you're doing a bit. The other week I accidentally caused a guy to delete his social media footprint the other day. I'll let you know when things have turned vicious.

The ultimate irony here is
The ultimate irony is that the real Billy Mays died of a heart attack, while here, as his namesake, you're trying to give them to everyone (still) here.

...

... Anyway, how's it going? We never talk anymore. :(
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:38 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:It's called the SETTLING OF SCORES THREAD you DRIP.
I'll put this one in the "win" column for you, but the rest of your arguments in that post were terrible and you should be ashamed of them.

To demonstrate how generous of a person that I am, here is what I am willing to do:

You may pick EITHER the incident where I got banned for agreeing with pinback OR the incident where I got banned for offering pinback encouragement, and state in a post in this thread, verbatim, and have me see the post at least once before removing anything, either:

"I (Robb) took thing too far in banning Billy Mays for agreeing with pinback, he did not deserve it that one time, but I respect him for handling it like an adult."

OR

"I (Robb) took thing too far in banning Billy Mays for offering pinback encouragement, he did not deserve it that one time, but I respect him for handling it like an adult."


And I will completely consider the entire events of the two bans, VapeGate, and ThreadGate completely settled, and I will not bring it up ever again.

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 6200
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Flack » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:39 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:OBVIOUSLY, and by that I mean OBVIOUSLY to everyone but you and Paul, there are no rules WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF THE GOD DAMN THREAD. And you know that, I refuse to believe anyone is that obtuse.
The guy's obviously doing a bit. Every time one of us makes it clear he's not wanted here, he posts another ten responses in whichever thread he knows will get a reaction. He's either mentally and socially deficient, or doing a great job of pretending to be. Engaging him over and over in regards to his ever growing list of perceived slights and injustices is pointless, unless you enjoy the sport. His responses are 100% predictable -- unless it's about vaping, every response from him is (a) him insulting people, (b) him apologizing for insulting people, or (c) complaints about the way he has been treated on JC. It is obvious he cannot help himself; he's a shit stirrer and a martyr all wrapped up in one. He will never stop on his own accord, nor will he ever leave, because he's still getting a reaction from everyone. I have dealt with guys like this before. He won't stop, because he can't.

I've done my best not to feed the troll over the past few weeks, but everyone else is so wrapped up in feeding him that there's nothing left to eat here. A guy who adds absolutely nothing to this community has somehow become its sole focus.

Within the hour, there will be a response of (a) him insulting people, (b) him apologizing for insulting people, or (c) complaints about the way he has been treated on JC. Possibly three or four of them, with old and new quotes pulled from every corner of this forum. And you guys will respond, and he will never, ever stop.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13420
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:18 am

Flack wrote:I've done my best not to feed the troll over the past few weeks
What, you got somethin' better to do?
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:24 am

Flack wrote:The guy's obviously doing a bit. Every time one of us makes it clear he's not wanted here, he posts another ten responses in whichever thread he knows will get a reaction. He's either mentally and socially deficient, or doing a great job of pretending to be. Engaging him over and over in regards to his ever growing list of perceived slights and injustices is pointless, unless you enjoy the sport. His responses are 100% predictable -- unless it's about vaping, every response from him is (a) him insulting people, (b) him apologizing for insulting people, or (c) complaints about the way he has been treated on JC. It is obvious he cannot help himself; he's a shit stirrer and a martyr all wrapped up in one. He will never stop on his own accord, nor will he ever leave, because he's still getting a reaction from everyone. I have dealt with guys like this before. He won't stop, because he can't.

I've done my best not to feed the troll over the past few weeks, but everyone else is so wrapped up in feeding him that there's nothing left to eat here. A guy who adds absolutely nothing to this community has somehow become its sole focus.

Within the hour, there will be a response of (a) him insulting people, (b) him apologizing for insulting people, or (c) complaints about the way he has been treated on JC. Possibly three or four of them, with old and new quotes pulled from every corner of this forum. And you guys will respond, and he will never, ever stop.
The irony here is that you are complaining that I insult people in a post that you then dedicate the entire length to insulting me, are equating apologizing for something someone said to somebody on the internet as a bad thing, and then complains about how I complain about how people treat me in a thread whose topic is for me to complain about how people treat me.

You give the example of me participating positively in the vaping thread, but ignore my same positive participation in your recent film course and your "Hangar-22" thread, along with many other threads in which I have been a positive contributor, while at the same time failing to mention even one single instance of me contributing negatively in which my actions were unjustified given the circumstances.

You complain that I'm rude to people, but at least I have the courtesy to talk to you like you are a person, and not talk over or around you.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13420
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:42 am

Flack wrote:Within the hour, there will be a response of (a) him insulting people, (b) him apologizing for insulting people, or (c) complaints about the way he has been treated on JC.
Billy Mays, exactly 45 minutes later wrote: The irony here is that you are complaining that I insult people in a post that you then dedicate the entire length to insulting me, are equating apologizing for something someone said to somebody on the internet as a bad thing, and then complains about how I complain about how people treat me in a thread whose topic is for me to complain about how people treat me.

You give the example of me participating positively in the vaping thread, but ignore my same positive participation in your recent film course and your "Hangar-22" thread, along with many other threads in which I have been a positive contributor, while at the same time failing to mention even one single instance of me contributing negatively in which my actions were unjustified given the circumstances.

You complain that I'm rude to people, but at least I have the courtesy to talk to you like you are a person, and not talk over or around you.
I won the NFL picks, but Flack absolutely MURDERED the Billy Mays picks!
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:03 am

pinback wrote:
Flack wrote:Within the hour, there will be a response of (a) him insulting people, (b) him apologizing for insulting people, or (c) complaints about the way he has been treated on JC.
Billy Mays, exactly 45 minutes later wrote: The irony here is that you are complaining that I insult people in a post that you then dedicate the entire length to insulting me, are equating apologizing for something someone said to somebody on the internet as a bad thing, and then complains about how I complain about how people treat me in a thread whose topic is for me to complain about how people treat me.

You give the example of me participating positively in the vaping thread, but ignore my same positive participation in your recent film course and your "Hangar-22" thread, along with many other threads in which I have been a positive contributor, while at the same time failing to mention even one single instance of me contributing negatively in which my actions were unjustified given the circumstances.

You complain that I'm rude to people, but at least I have the courtesy to talk to you like you are a person, and not talk over or around you.
I won the NFL picks, but Flack absolutely MURDERED the Billy Mays picks!
No picks were made. I just made a list of facts.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13420
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:07 am

You were not included in the Billy Mays picks. (Or the NFL picks.)
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

ICJ

Post by ICJ » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:40 am

Yeah, Flack's right.

Billy - sorry, man. I am going to disable your account for a while later this week. It is NOT personal, you are welcome to post at Caltrops and I do not dislike you in the least, but it's just the same stuff over and over again and you cannot stop.

Like I tell Tdarcos, there are other people who post here too. I can't make it all about one guy.

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:46 am

Ok.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13420
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:10 am

Image
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 22003
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Don't gang up. Come on. He said he has a compulsion. I'm just disabling it for a little bit. Like I said, I like the dude. Don't be mean to him. He's a good guy, it's just reached the point where a brief break has to take place.

Billy is part of the Jolt Country "family," I think for his happiness we just need a little break. I am absolutely not disabling his account for good. Just a break.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13420
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Don't gang up.
I'm going to gang up.
Come on.
No.
He said he has a compulsion.
So do I.
I'm just disabling it for a little bit.
We'll take what we can get.
Like I said, I like the dude.
You're the only one, because you're desperate for eyeballs.
Don't be mean to him.
I'm going to be mean to him.
He's a good guy
Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you, go home and play with your kids.
Billy is part of the Jolt Country "family,"
No he is not.
Just a break.
We'll take what we can get.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Post Reply