The Settling of Scores

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:16 pm

I'm not getting into any of the nonsense posted in the last few posts here, only to say that I am LAUGHING AT THE IDEA that I somehow give a shit how Internet randos, much less my friends (you guys decide which group you fit into) (just kidding, it's the latter for all of you) voted. Voted, for Christ's Sake!

For the last six months I sat idly by while you all collectively ruined Facebook and Twitter for me. Even those of you without Facebook pages and without Twitter pages. Even those I am not Facebook friends with or not following on Twitter. And especially those without Facebook pages with whom I am not friends with, and those without Twitter accounts that I don't follow. You and hundreds of others ruined those platforms with your political opinions while I said nothing. Nothing! *I* was the only adult in the room.

My brother voted for Trump. My entire family, literally every other person in it but me, voted for Trump. WHO CARES. All of us are really voting for a political party, not a person. 8 years ago half the country thought Barack was just as unprepared. 30 years ago half the country thought Reagan was just as unprepared. Before him, Kennedy. You know who extremely prepared to be President of the United States? Richard Nixon. I don't give a shit about politics or what horse you guys backed or in the libertarian's case, which unicorn.

In fact, Tdarcos being libertarian is delightful. I love it. I love having that sort of mental diversity around.

Billy, people are giving you a hard time and I hate to see anyone ganged up on. I made a thread for you to reply to people when they do that, rather than continue the streams there. I'm asking you to use it.

Retro, right now I'm juggling two jobs, a wedding, two in-development computer games and 7 pets, one of whom has dog cancer, while trying to spend enough time with my wife to be so she doesn't feel lonely or leave my ass. I'm not installing phpBB3 right now so the database can break and I have to spend time doing backups and restorations and bug fixing. And as I recall, you weren't exactly a sweet Georgia peach to be around during your first iteration on here either, but we had patience and BELIEVED IN YOU and now you're the person who's given me the most laughs this calendar year.

All of you are delightful and irreplaceable. Yes, Billy needs to sequester his posts, Tdarcos needs to adhere to the 8 goddamn line post limit and so forth. But Christ, let's work together in the quest of funny threads. I wouldn't be here if I didn't think we could do it.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I wouldn't be here if I didn't think we could do it.

8 months later...

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:We couldn't do it.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:01 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:For the last six months I sat idly by while you all collectively ruined Facebook and Twitter for me. Even those of you without Facebook pages and without Twitter pages. Even those I am not Facebook friends with or not following on Twitter. And especially those without Facebook pages with whom I am not friends with, and those without Twitter accounts that I don't follow. You and hundreds of others ruined those platforms with your political opinions
This has got to be some of the stupidest shit I have ever seen. People who were not on Facebook or Twitter or who you were not watching ruined those services with the posts they did not make (because they don't have accounts and cannot participate) or the posts you did not see.

This sounds like the kind of person who says something really stupid for insane reasons: http://www.joltcountry.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=90037
"Come my restoration… Wash my body clean."
⁠— Martin Page, In the House of Stone and Light

pinback

Post by pinback » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:49 am

Come on, guys. Let's remember how hard a life Robb has, just for a bit. Do you really want to add to his terrible burden?
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:26 am

pinback wrote:Come on, guys. Let's remember how hard a life Robb has, just for a bit. Do you really want to add to his terrible burden?
Et tu, Pinback?
"Come my restoration… Wash my body clean."
⁠— Martin Page, In the House of Stone and Light

RetroR

Post by RetroR » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:23 pm

I worked on my problems and then came back.

Whatever.

I'm out.

pinback

Post by pinback » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:44 pm

No you're not.

No he's not, everybody (even though he's now made this announcement three times via different internet avenues.) Just calm down.

Calm down. Just, calm down.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:07 pm

RetroR wrote: Whatever.

I'm out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5gxqjqC2nM[/youtube]

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:22 pm

Retro: I am sorry that after you shitposted me up and down this board, and even starting multiple threads for the sole purpose of shitposting me, that Robb did not cave into your long list of demands. I'm looking forward to reading your "I'm back because reasons" speech in less than a week. Take care until then.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:15 am

This settling of a score will be directed towards Robb.

In Robb's thread "The other website and forum", he had opened it up with wanting to start a discussion on the future of Caltrops.com. To which he concluded his original post with:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:(I would appreciate it if this thread did not get derailed.)
The result of that was this response from a user that I am not aware of outside of several based af comments I've seen them make:
Realitycheck wrote:Do you really think that anyone who actually comes here isn't aware of that other site?
To which Robb responded unjustifiably indignant:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Thanks! I was worried that we wouldn't get to the shitposting by reply #5, so to see you lead off in such a strong way makes me think we might bat around.

Your reaction here, Robb, was entirely unjustified because I had been debating for some time that this is the exact precedent that you were setting up for yourself and this board by your misguided handling of 3 incidents in which I received disciplinary action despite the fact that I was the innocent party in all 3 of them!

The one example that is most pertinent to this recent event is the one in which I defended pinback against the very same based as fuck poster: I defended pinback against the same individual you took issue with in your most recent post, and I was the one that got banned as a result of it! I had been debating with you that this sort of poor judgement will just end up emboldening epic shitposters while at the same time silencing anyone who would want to contribute anything positive to the discussion!

Now you may argue that you politely asked that nobody derails or shitposts a very serious thread, but I would counter-argue that what Realitycheck did was perfectly acceptable by YOUR very own rules since it only prohibits ME from dropping such ruthless zingers!

In fact, I had even pointed this out on multiple occasions regarding your sloppily worded "New Deal Plan". I had spent several pages forming an argument that "I bear nobody here ill will." means "I bear nobody here ill will.", but you disregarded this very sound reasoning despite my warnings that it would not only open the door to these sorts of events, but indeed, encourage them!

So, the crux of my issue here is how many times must I be proven to be 100% right before people start recognizing that fact?

pinback

Post by pinback » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:36 am

I agree. Robb's behavior in that thread is absurd. If you're going to set up rules, you have to enforce them consistently.

Honestly, I have no idea what he's doing here anymore.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:56 am

To further illustrate my point, here is first an example from pinback's "The "Clean in 2017" Thread.":

When Robb says this:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I don't give a shit any more, I'm sick of you two ruining every thread.
Was he referring to:

RealityCheck wrote:How come this isn't a poll so we can all guess when he fails? I'd say 1 week at most.
or

Billy Mays wrote:I'm personally rooting for you Ben, and I think you can last as long as you set your mind to do so. So my answer is: forever!

The answer to this may not be what most people would anticipate, that is because he found the second one to be the objectionable one!

So when Robb writes this:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:(I would appreciate it if this thread did not get derailed.)
You would have to expect a response like this:
Realitycheck wrote:Do you really think that anyone who actually comes here isn't aware of that other site?
Since that is the only one that this individual would probably find appropriate based on precedent.

To conclude this point, I would like to now write what I wanted to post in Robb's "The other website and forum" thread, but was too afraid to out of fears that it would have caused me to be thrown into an epic shitstorm of disciplinary action. I wanted to post:

"Robb, I appreciate all of the hard work and resources you devoted to Caltrops. I've learned a lot of interesting things from there and met a lot of interesting people. I realize you are going through a lot of hardships in your life currently and may not see if your investments in the site are being rewarded in the ways that you would have wanted it to.

I just wanted to say that us individual users really appreciate what you are doing as it means a lot to us even if we don't say it as much as we should. I also wanted to say that whatever directions you plan on going with Caltrops, be aware of the fact that I will respect them and please let me know if there is anything I could do to help you out in the process."

pinback

Post by pinback » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:11 am

Billy Mays wrote:I realize you are going through a lot of hardships in your life currently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebanS7YL6V4

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:12 am

I think the main problem is that there's two aspie retards straining the database with their neverending stream of unintelligible, Markov chain-pabulum on a daily basis, all while amazingly proclaiming in extensive detail how they in fact didn't do nothin'.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:36 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I think the main problem is that there's two aspie retards straining the database with their neverending stream of unintelligible, Markov chain-pabulum on a daily basis, all while amazingly proclaiming in extensive detail how they in fact didn't do nothin'.

Now I'm being blamed for ruining threads that I haven't even participated in!

You can't use 10-dollar words and name calling as a substitute for reason and evidence in an argument. All I have provided is an unbiased sequential list of events, and asked anybody to make sense out of it using one example from the board in a counter-argument that stands up against mine! One example!

But nobody can because I am once again 100% right, and rather than admitting to this obvious truth, people would rather dodge the issue with deceptive and inflammatory language.

I'm not holding my unjustified punishments or the subsequent collapse of the social order (as seen in your Caltrops thread and Paul's Wheelies thread among others) against you, none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes (even after being thoroughly warned that what we are experiencing now would be the expected result of several very poorly thought out decisions that I had brought to your attention as flawed and then was quickly ignored because this pattern of how I am always right is difficult for people to grasp despite mountains of evidence to support it).

Now, I understand that this is your board and I am not trying to step on anybodies toes or intrude on how you run things here. I am just talking to you man to man on a friendly basis. No rules in this thread as you already stated.

I just think the right thing for you to do would simply be to acknowledge how Billy Mays has been 100% right on everything this entire time, that or just simply apologize to me, you don't even have to mean it if you don't want to (though the right thing to do would be to mean it). Just a simple three word sentence: "Billy, I apologize." and that's it, no reason to explain or anything.

pinback

Post by pinback » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:38 am

Billy Mays wrote:I am not trying to step on anybodies toes or intrude on how you run things here.
Though I agree you are being unfairly targeted in this thread, you absolutely are doing this and have been since you arrived.

RealNC

Post by RealNC » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:52 am

Maybe you guys should meet and have a beer. Except pinback who'll have a chamomile.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:10 am

pinback wrote:
Billy Mays wrote:I am not trying to step on anybodies toes or intrude on how you run things here.
Though I agree you are being unfairly targeted in this thread, you absolutely are doing this and have been since you arrived.
Thank you.

Do you have any examples of me stepping on anybody's toes? You don't need to provide quotes unless you want to because I have a very sharp memory.

pinback

Post by pinback » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:12 am

You have been irritating and grating to virtually everyone here, as evidenced by the fact that nobody likes you and we all wish you would leave. I'd call that stepping on toes and interfering with how we like the place run.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:18 am

RealNC wrote:Maybe you guys should meet and have a beer. Except pinback who'll have a chamomile.
Hey, not a bad idea! And if the place is serving chamomile, we can invite Paul along as well!