The Settling of Scores

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:50 am

In the thread: "[RECIPE] Ben's Famous Vegetable Soup"

http://www.joltcountry.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9585

Pinback and myself present a very convincing and well thought out argument against Robb's weird parsley obsession, to which Robb very abusively responded with:

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:What is this, you grunting, traitorous daggits? MINE looks more appealing: Pinback's photo is reflecting about 40% of the light of his flash. Nice work Ansel Adumbs, maybe next time take a little goddamn pride in how you present your work to the world.

Which forces me to reply that if this was a demonstration of "photography" skills, you might then be considered the winner...but it's not. Also, learn to crop pictures.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13428
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:04 am

That wasn't the glare off of the flash, it was the reflection of the oven light, which perfectly conveys the lustrous sheen of my impeccable vegetable soup, rather than the muddy sludge Robb barfed up all over the thread.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:12 am

pinback wrote:That wasn't the glare off of the flash, it was the reflection of the oven light, which perfectly conveys the lustrous sheen of my impeccable vegetable soup, rather than the muddy sludge Robb barfed up all over the thread.

Something I had originally overlooked.

Robb: you also lose the photography side of this.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13428
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:24 am

And mine doesn't have... well, you know.

Image
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:47 am

I just need to get this out of the way before all of the crazy and unfounded accusations start flying:

I am not taking pinback's side in an effort to gang up against Robb, if anything, I am severely biased against pinback. The reality of the situation here as it stands, however, is one in which Ben presented a meal and a photograph that are both at the bleeding edge of perfection while Robb did the best that he could. Sorry Robb, maybe you'll get him "next time".

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 22006
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:13 pm

pinback wrote:That wasn't the glare off of the flash, it was the reflection of the oven light, which perfectly conveys the lustrous sheen of my impeccable vegetable soup, rather than the muddy sludge Robb barfed up all over the thread.
Lookit Emeril Lagasse over here, emphasis on the ass, cooking with studio lights on at all times.

I cook for the people.

I know for a fact that your production values won't last, pinback. Word on the street is that you're already setting things up to where cheap Chinese labor takes over the cooking in 10-15 years.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 6207
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Flack » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:28 pm

10-15 years? That's simmering on low!
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:40 am

You all may as well take this shitposting back to the regular board! Nobody (except me, really) has been following the Square Deal plan.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13428
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:46 am

Alright, no fooling now, I vote for an IP ban.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:43 am

pinback wrote:Alright, no fooling now, I vote for an IP ban.

I was the one that was attacked by you and RetroRomper. I was having a friendly conversation with the new (?) member and you and your crony RetroRomper thought it would be appropriate to come in and start attacking me unprovoked. I thought the purpose of this thread was to settle your scores here? Somehow this is my fault that you two have some uncontrollable obsession to break all of Robb's rules? I realize you enjoy abusing people who will not fight back for themselves, but I do not see your reasoning here for a ban?

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13428
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:48 am

HE DINDU NUFFIN!!
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:03 am

pinback wrote:HE DINDU NUFFIN!!

I know this is all some sort of big joke to you, but I have brought up several arguments in my favor, and all of them have been met with some sort of comedic attack on my character rather than provide even a single example of a counter-argument. Seems like you don't have anything to indicate that I did do anything uncalled for.

RetroRomper
Posts: 1321
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:35 am
Location: No where loved.

Post by RetroRomper » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:23 am

Hey Robb,

One of a couple things need to happen or I'm going to very shortly (in the next day) lose my motivation to post and even visit here:

1. Billy needs to be removed as permanently as he can be from JoltCountry - he isn't jiving with any of us, doesn't understand why his incessant side tracks aren't appreciated, nor is he willing to change his style.

2. You need to upgrade JC to phpBB 3.0 and install an appopriate addon so we can block, ignore, or otherwise mute him on an account by account basis.

I've been reading the archives and you've been dealing with the same crap from Tdarcos since at least 2012 - I'm unwilling to work around someone for at least another four years.

This has weirdly become my home and I'm okay with my friends shitting in it, but to come in and start bitching about the color of the walls?

Jesus christ man...
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:27 am

Retro: I am sorry if I ever interrupted a polite conversation that you were having just to call you a fucking idiot and then cry about it later...wait a minute...that was YOU that did that!

RetroRomper wrote:Billy, you're a fucking idiot.

RetroRomper
Posts: 1321
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:35 am
Location: No where loved.

Post by RetroRomper » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:32 am

Billy, you continue to be a fucking idiot.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:47 am

Just to get this out in the open:

I have never cared about people busting my chops over anything. I have been called every name in the book, I had an active poll debating what type of asshole I am, I laughed it all off as being in good fun...

Then I started to bust other peoples' chops about stuff in return, only fair, right? All in good fun, right?...but they weren't anywhere near as good of a sport about it as me...it made them sad and poopy faced and they started crying to Robb about it, and I received two different bans despite ,from my recollection, the first one was somehow due to me agreeing with pinback about the people on his flight being assholes and the second one was directly after I gave him some encouragement about his sobriety goals?

Yeah, it didn't really make any sense to me as well? But again, I was a good sport about it and mainly (one time, one post, nobody is perfect, and what I did was the right thing to do) served out my bans. Now that those are over, I am going out of my way to be a positive contributing community member, I am posting nothing but positive and friendly posts and I am still getting viciously attacked! I haven't even been defending myself because because I do not want THAT to lead to a ban, I am simply asking "what did I do to deserve your abuse?", and even with all of that the two usual suspects are still calling for my ban?

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:06 am

Come to think of it...there was this one thing, this one event that occurred where things did do a 180 around here?

Now I am not debating this from a political standpoint, but from a group cohesion one.

If I recall correctly, I remember that I stated I was a Trump supporter to which I was receiving months of abuse for, you know because of all of that tolerance that "liberals" are known for...hmmm...and I think the intended direction was that Hillary was supposed to win in a landslide because that is what the television told everyone to believe, and then people could troll my "idiotic" statements from here until eternity, right? That would of been a lot of fun for everyone, right? But lo and behold if Trump didn't win in a massive landslide winning the Presidency, The House, The Senate, The Supreme Court, and a ton of Governor seats? Just like I had predicted this entire time? It seemed like there was a lot of shifts in demeanor after the election?

I don't know, maybe it is just a crazy coincidence that the timing lined up perfectly? I just can't figure out why else friendly comments are met with such vitriol?

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:23 pm

In Tdarcos' thread "Wheelies", he had asked what our opinion on wheelies were:
Tdarcos wrote:Again, watching various lane splitting and motorcycle antics on YouTube, I've seen guys - it's probably a macho thing - popping a wheelie on a motorcycle and flyying down the road at insane speeds with their front wheel 4 feet off the ground.

Looks cool as hell and I can tell you that I'd never even think of trying it on a 10-speed, let alone on a motorcycle doing 50- or 60-miles per hour. (I learned how to ride a bicycle at 12 or 13, in one day. I'll tell the story if anyone is interested, I never learned to ride a motorcycle.)

But let's hear your opinion on it. I'm sure it's probably illegal but again, like the 55MPH speed limit on urban freeways I'm sure it gets ignored.


To which I responded with my opinion on wheelies:


Bob Ross' Joy of Painting wrote:Wheelies are entirely context oriented.

Done on a public roadway, that person is jeopardizing public safety and is a complete asshole.

Done in an empty parking lot, that person is not using other peoples' property for its intended purpose, could possibly hit a pedestrian or vehicle that comes in, and that person is for the most part an asshole.

Done on your own private property, that person is rolling the dice on their own land, and long as they are not breaking any local ordinances, that person is fine in doing so.

Done in a paid arena or on a film set, that person is a daredevil and is a total badass, those people are really fucking cool.

Surprisingly enough, he has just now accused me (Bob Ross) of going off topic:
Tdarcos wrote:Can we move the hatescreeds and shitposting to someplace else? Flack, Aardvark, Bob Ross and Flying Carp all went off topic,

I did not go off topic, Paul, I did not go off topic.

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5641
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:28 pm

Not that I really care about Billy Mays but I think I'm going to have to ask what exactly he did wrong. I'm watching these messages, even the ones I don't comment on, and it looks like you're being nasty to him for some reason other than his message content or responses.

I mean, seriously, let's have objective evidence here. Show some point recently where there was a thread where he said something that was off topic to it - not, on topic but you don't like the answer - but where his response diverged from the topic before others had done so.

You will see this later as I posted a message on the Motorcycle forum where I spoke about cycles doing wheelies and how that can't be done with wheelchairs so I wanted to hear what people thought about motorcycles doing wheelies.

I had to come back with a long response because four members other than Billy Mays had come back with various consecuitve shitposts having nothing to do with the subject, which if I had done them there would be calls for me to be banned. I pointed out that nobody seemed to realize the photo of a power chair doing a wheelie was faked.

Not one of you posted a single comment on the subject of a motorcycle or chopper doing a wheelie.

I think you're blaming him for the exact reason he's a Trump poster. And maybe I'm getting blamed in part because I was not a Hillary supporter (although I wasn't a Trump supporter either). Despite the fact it didn't matter who I voted for, Maryland is an extremely strong blue state and could be expected to - and did - go for Hillary.

You people act like hypocrites who dislike certain things and when someone else more-or-less acts the same way, you get upset about it.

Otherwise, put up and show me where I'm wrong. But I'm sure you won't do that, it's too much trouble to actually prove what you say.
"Come my restoration… Wash my body clean."
⁠— Martin Page, In the House of Stone and Light

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Billy Mays » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:34 pm

Tdarcos wrote:Not that I really care about Billy Mays but I think I'm going to have to ask what exactly he did wrong. I'm watching these messages, even the ones I don't comment on, and it looks like you're being nasty to him for some reason other than his message content or responses.

I mean, seriously, let's have objective evidence here. Show some point recently where there was a thread where he said something that was off topic to it - not, on topic but you don't like the answer - but where his response diverged from the topic before others had done so.

You will see this later as I posted a message on the Motorcycle forum where I spoke about cycles doing wheelies and how that can't be done with wheelchairs so I wanted to hear what people thought about motorcycles doing wheelies.

I had to come back with a long response because four members other than Billy Mays had come back with various consecuitve shitposts having nothing to do with the subject, which if I had done them there would be calls for me to be banned. I pointed out that nobody seemed to realize the photo of a power chair doing a wheelie was faked.

Not one of you posted a single comment on the subject of a motorcycle or chopper doing a wheelie.

I think you're blaming him for the exact reason he's a Trump poster. And maybe I'm getting blamed in part because I was not a Hillary supporter (although I wasn't a Trump supporter either). Despite the fact it didn't matter who I voted for, Maryland is an extremely strong blue state and could be expected to - and did - go for Hillary.

You people act like hypocrites who dislike certain things and when someone else more-or-less acts the same way, you get upset about it.

Otherwise, put up and show me where I'm wrong. But I'm sure you won't do that, it's too much trouble to actually prove what you say.

Image

Post Reply