I guess this is it, then

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Tdarcos

I guess this is it, then

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:49 am

Well, eight years has gone by and I guess that I just can't understand how to make relevant posts, since this will probably be the last time I'll be able to post anything. Whether that will change I have no idea.

I'll not apologize since it won't be believed; all I can say is that of what I did, to the extent I did anything wrong, was from misunderstanding, not from malice.

May I ask for some kind of reprieve? I would like to continue to ask for help regarding the construction of Interactive Fiction. If that is acceptable I won't post anything elsewhere except as a reply to this message. I would like to try to salvage this situation and perhaps eventually try and fix it.

But if I can't, I can't and I can go on, with my pitiful, agony-filled existence, of so many things I had that I have lost, squandered or ruined.
"Come my restoration… Wash my body clean."
⁠— Martin Page, In the House of Stone and Light

pinback

Post by pinback » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:54 am

You are allowed in this base, and any of the ones "below the fold" (the Hugo base, the text game base, etc.) provided your posts there are on-topic and reasonably concise.

You are also allowed on your own base on Caltrops.

A whole wide world is still available to you.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Flack

Re: I guess this is it, then

Post by Flack » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:57 am

Tdarcos wrote:Well, eight years has gone by and I guess that I just can't understand how to make relevant posts, since this will probably be the last time I'll be able to post anything. Whether that will change I have no idea.

I'll not apologize since it won't be believed; all I can say is that of what I did, to the extent I did anything wrong, was from misunderstanding, not from malice.

May I ask for some kind of reprieve? I would like to continue to ask for help regarding the construction of Interactive Fiction. If that is acceptable I won't post anything elsewhere except as a reply to this message. I would like to try to salvage this situation and perhaps eventually try and fix it.

But if I can't, I can't and I can go on, with my pitiful, agony-filled existence, of so many things I had that I have lost, squandered or ruined.
I am willing to bet one hundred million billion trillion kazillion dollars that this won't be your last post. I'd be willing to bet half that much that it won't even be your last post today.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:20 am

OK, let's try the following for you and Billy.

I am requesting that from now until the 16th of January that you guys post just in the Troll Room or any of the programming bases.

Post whatever you want in The Troll Room. (I am not saying either of you are trolls, it's just what it's called.)

Let's all EASE INTO 2017. This way nobody has to get their accounts disabled. If someone takes an unprovoked shot at you in one of the other areas I'll move the thread so that certain people don't tee off on others.

Can we try this? Can this be an attempt at a compromise for a couple weeks?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:05 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:OK, let's try the following for you and Billy.

I am requesting that from now until the 16th of January that you guys post just in the Troll Room or any of the programming bases.

Post whatever you want in The Troll Room. (I am not saying either of you are trolls, it's just what it's called.)

Let's all EASE INTO 2017. This way nobody has to get their accounts disabled. If someone takes an unprovoked shot at you in one of the other areas I'll move the thread so that certain people don't tee off on others.

Can we try this? Can this be an attempt at a compromise for a couple weeks?
I'm fine with this.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Tdarcos wrote:But if I can't, I can't and I can go on, with my pitiful, agony-filled existence, of so many things I had that I have lost, squandered or ruined.
Paul, I just wanted to let you know that we all think you're important and we care about you deeply. Consider this a character building exercise.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:35 pm

Flack wrote:I am willing to bet one hundred million billion trillion kazillion dollars that this won't be your last post. I'd be willing to bet half that much that it won't even be your last post today.
I was just typing in a reply when it out-and-out vanished, it completely disappeared, "Faded like The Beatles on Hey Jude," as ELO once sang. I will attempt to recreate it from memory.

My statement was based on the premise that since Jonsey had stated that he was suspending my account (and did not want a reply to that statement) that I was going to be silenced for a while. (Oh yeah, he did say he was going to also suspend Billy Mays' account, but who the fuck cares about him? It's no skin off my ass.[1])

----
[1]. Billy, I figured if it's okay for you to bust my balls it's only fair that I return the favor. Now go home and get your shoe shine box!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:41 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I am requesting that from now until the 12th of Never
"Until the 12th of Never, and that's a long, long time."
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Post whatever you want in The Troll Room. (I am not saying either of you are trolls, it's just what it's called.)
"You see a sign reading 'Stop! Pay Troll!'
I see no troll here."

Bonus points if you can identify what this is from.

pinback

Post by pinback » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:53 pm

Bonus points if you can identify how that kind of post got you here in the first place.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:30 pm

Tdarcos wrote:Now go home and get your shoe shine box!

Are you thinking about picking up tap dancing, or did you somehow manage to hide some clark bars in it?

Flack

Post by Flack » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:50 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I am requesting that from now until the 12th of Never
"Until the 12th of Never, and that's a long, long time."
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Post whatever you want in The Troll Room. (I am not saying either of you are trolls, it's just what it's called.)
"You see a sign reading 'Stop! Pay Troll!'
I see no troll here."

Bonus points if you can identify what this is from.
Adventure and/or Colossal Cave, which you think is an obscure reference in a forum full of people who play and write interactive fiction.

And don't try and change the subject. Someone here owes me one hundred million billion trillion kazillion dollars.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:19 am

Flack wrote: And don't try and change the subject. Someone here owes me one hundred million billion trillion kazillion dollars.
Long form: In no manner of agreement was any contract formed and even if it were, the amount of money requested exceeds the number of atoms in the universe, making completion of such an agreement impossible.

Short Form: "Sue me, dickhead."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:28 am

Billy Mays wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:Now go home and get your shoe shine box!
Are you thinking about picking up tap dancing, or did you somehow manage to hide some clark bars in it?
You got the Goodfellas reference wrong. Spider was the guy that Tommy shot in the foot because he wanted him to move faster, i.e. "learn to dance." The irony here was that Billy Bats directed the remark "Go get your fuckin' shine box" to Tommy. But I directed the remark to you, where your name is Billy.

And by the way, Clark is a proper name and is capitalized. Personally I liked Zagnut bars more, both being from the same company.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:11 am

Tdarcos wrote: You got the Goodfellas reference wrong.
The only thing I was referencing here is that you are a crippled lard ass. If you wanted to critique my comment on anything, it should have been that I had neglected to bring up the fact that you also have autism.

You are a crippled lard ass with autism. There, I corrected it for you, I hope you're happy now.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:39 pm

Damn, I thought it was Asperger's. Please stop changing syndromes on me, I can't keep up.

THE
NEEDS A SCORE CARD
AARDVARK

Edit: They are related. I went to big G to look up the spelling and now I feel bad.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:49 pm

AArdvark wrote:They are related. I went to big G to look up the spelling and now I feel bad.
You don't need to feel bad, AArdvark, that was a just a simple misunderstanding.

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:44 am

I've been watching the "Registers Users online" list all morning, and either Tdarcos OR Billy Mays is on, but never both at the same time, and they keep flipping back and forth.
Billy Mays wrote:Paul was ok, the rest of it was terrible.
Was...

This was Paul's long con, wasn't it.

I am literally shaking right now.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:41 am

pinback wrote:This was Paul's long con, wasn't it.
I'm under the impression that Paul tragically died after your pizza challenge, and that what you are doing here is trying to sell your own con on larping as Paul under his account. Even if you don't have access to Paul's account somehow through mod privileges, similar to how I believe you have access to that sick child murdering asshole Jack Straw's account, you could have easily obtained his password who knows how long ago just by emailing him with some dopey question like "Paul, what is your Jolt Country password -pinback".

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:10 am

Billy Mays wrote:
I'm under the impression that Paul tragically died after your pizza challenge. Then a whole lot more aspy, unfunny bullshit.
Great post, Billy!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:24 am

pinback wrote:
Billy Mays wrote:
I'm under the impression that Paul tragically died after your pizza challenge. Then a whole lot more aspy, unfunny bullshit.
Great post, Billy!

What you did here is categorically unfair and dishonest, you need to add brackets when interjecting your own thoughts and opinions into the original quote.