Do people drink bleach?

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Billy Mays

Re: Do people drink bleach?

Post by Billy Mays » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:19 pm

RealNC wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:25 pm
Are there actually people in the U.S. who drink bleach and think it's healthy, or this is just some super elaborate joke I just stumbled upon?
Yes to both, the two are not mutually exclusive.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:47 pm

What 'serious' conspiracy theories are there?

THE
REPTILL NEWS ANCHOR
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:05 pm

What bothers me about this whole "flat earth" thing and other really far-fetched theories is that they distract us from things we should question and spread so much false information that it further dilutes real conspiracy theories worth thinking about.
Like, "Do I still have everyone blocked or was the cereal thread I started ass?"
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RealNC

Post by RealNC » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:40 pm

In today's episode, we drink our own piss. Maybe it goes well with bleach?

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:56 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:05 pm
What bothers me about this whole "flat earth" thing and other really far-fetched theories is that they distract us from things we should question and spread so much false information that it further dilutes real conspiracy theories worth thinking about.
Like, "Do I still have everyone blocked or was the cereal thread I started ass?"
Why are you being mean to Jizaboz? We can't afford to have you run off another one.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:48 am

pinback wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:56 am
We can't afford to have you run off another one.
Actually, what ICJ has been doing has had just the opposite effect around here. Take Lex, McDeath, and RetroRomper all returning to post regular content for example.

Flack

Post by Flack » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:01 am

Drinking piss is gross, but drinking bleach will kill you. There's a hard line in the sand there.

For a long time I thought the Flat Earth Society was like the Flying Spaghetti Monster Society -- like, it was tongue in cheek, and all the members were in on the joke. But then you watch some of those YouTube videos about the earth being flat and... they seem pretty serious about it. Is it an act? Are they all acting?

I don't believe in the 9/11 conspiracies but at least they have some reasoning behind them. I've never understood what the purpose of what the government gains by supposedly hiding the fact that the earth is flat from people?

When you've worked for the government for a couple of decades like I have, most government conspiracies that hinge on large groups of people keeping secrets fall apart pretty quickly.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:57 am

Flack wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:01 am
I don't believe in the 9/11 conspiracies but at least they have some reasoning behind them. I've never understood what the purpose of what the government gains by supposedly hiding the fact that the earth is flat from people?

When you've worked for the government for a couple of decades like I have, most government conspiracies that hinge on large groups of people keeping secrets fall apart pretty quickly.
Yeah the 9/11 stuff gets really wacky. That any many other things I just thing the "general narrative" should be questioned. I think there's a good chance to believe the Penns plane was shot down by our fighter jets for example. Also, most people only thing 2 towers fell that day. Osama Bin Ladin was probably dead years before we "found him". Don't really think I'm going off the deep end with the conspiracy wackos on that. As bad as it may sound, I just don't have a lot of interest in this.

Space stuff that doesn't add up and the U.S. black budget stuff are the 2 conspiracy-riddled topics I probably dig the most.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:26 pm

Flack wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:01 am
Drinking piss is gross, but drinking bleach will kill you. There's a hard line in the sand there.
So will drinking piss. Continued consumption of urine will cause kidney failure.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:49 pm

So no midnight Big Gulps when youre only half awake.
We'd like you to stay around with us

RealNC

Post by RealNC » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:15 pm

This time around, we have someone who uncovered the truth about power plants: they are fake. Electricity is actually generated in the power lines.

More power to him, I guess.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Okay, that one I can see. Project is running behind, a few corners need to be cut... just plug the whole thing into the wall and let's go celebrate the end of the sprint at Hooters.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Every person who has made a claim of being able to generate energy without a generating system, e.g. converting enery in one form or another, either is using something that violates the rules of thermodynamics or does not work (or both).

Every system which produces power, either electric or kinetic, has to use some form of conversion of energy. Solar, Hydro, burning fossil fuels, nuclear plants boiling water, wind turbines, etc. TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch), something has to produce the power or kinetic energy.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com