Objectivism

News & Cars

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Tue May 10, 2011 8:37 am

pinback wrote:I feel bad for anyone who doesn't like Fargo. I feel very bad for them, because many of life's most wonderful things are lost on them, and their lives are hollow and pointless.
I hated the movie.

My sister hated the movie.

My brother can watch movies that would make me puke. Even he hated Fargo.
"I might only have one match / But I can make an explosion."
- Rachel Platten, Fight Song

pinback

Post by pinback » Tue May 10, 2011 3:07 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
pinback wrote:I feel bad for anyone who doesn't like Fargo. I feel very bad for them, because many of life's most wonderful things are lost on them, and their lives are hollow and pointless.
I hated the movie.

Gonna need some reasons, there. "I hated it" is bogus, and this behavior is unacceptable.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Wed May 11, 2011 4:44 am

pinback wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:
I hated the movie.

Gonna need some reasons, there. "I hated it" is bogus, and this behavior is unacceptable.
I don't have to give you any reasons. I didn't like the movie. I like you personally, do I have to give reasons why?

I only saw the movie once, and have not seen the movie in years. I didn't just not like the movie: I hated it. It could be the gestalt of the entire movie, it could be some performances made the movie fail, it could be parts of it were boring, there could be a number of factors together that made me hate the movie.

The fact is the only way I could say explicitly why I hated the movie would be to rent it and see it again. And I am not going to do that unless someone paid me enough to do so. (I'm not asking for money, I'm simply saying that it is so distasteful I'd have to be hired to do so. I almost said that "I won't do it" but I realized that I'll do just about anything not dangerous if it's enough money. Yeah, I guess that makes me just another schmoe who'll whore himself out for money, but short of wanting to get laid because you enjoy it, I can't think of a better reason to whore oneself.)

I mean, you can't offer me enough to "eat shit off a plate", whether privately or "publicly in a Wal*Mart". That I would not do. But putting up with two hours of boring tedium I can live with. But I won't accept two hours of boring tedium I can avoid unless paid to do so.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Wed May 11, 2011 4:54 am

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who likes the movie "Fargo" provides incontestable evidence of the hollow and pointless existence they infest.

Fargo is not one of life's most wonderful things, it's on the order of the time I have had to spend examining my own shit, either because of cleaning up diarrhea explosions or digging rock hard clay-like material out of my ass to stop the pain.

Now, thinking up (hopefully funny and 'over the top') phrasing for this article was fun and was one of life's wonderful things. Not 'most' wonderful but pretty good. One of the really good ones was when Ray Gordon, a really detestable sociopath on the USENET newsgroup alt.seduction.fast who admits he's infected with herpes, said he could get laid any time he wanted.

I happened to read one of my responses to him, and I said that the only days he could get laid on were the ones that didn't end in y.

Now, that was one of life's most wonderful things, I found it's still really funny.

pinback

Post by pinback » Wed May 11, 2011 9:02 am

Tdarcos wrote:And I am not going to do that unless someone paid me enough to do so.
Throw out a number. What are we talkin' about here.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 am

pinback wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:And I am not going to do that unless someone paid me enough to do so.
Throw out a number. What are we talkin' about here.
Let me put it this way. Consider a number higher than that posted on the sign above 110 W 44th St, New York, NY.

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:13 pm

Can we also ban him for necroing two year old threads? And then making references like "the sign above 110 W 44th St, New York, NY"?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Besides, that's not a real number on the sign.....

Bugs

Post by Bugs » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:16 am

Excuse me, i havent been around in a while. What does Fargo have to do with objectivism?

Also, objectivism always struck me as just a meth-fueled, needlessly verbose way to codify selfishness and greed. "I got mine, so fuck all y'all." Not a very civilized way to live.