Radio Host Kevin James sums up the state of talk radio

News & Cars

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Ice Cream Jonsey

Radio Host Kevin James sums up the state of talk radio

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu May 15, 2008 11:36 pm

Jesus Christ, this is hilarious.

Some guy named Kevin James was on Hardball tonight. Worm once spoke to me about how you can never get over on "radio guy" because as soon as you challenge their idiocy (be it sports, politics or whatever) your call gets dumped and they rip you amongst their chucklefuck cohorts for the next half-hour.

There is one way to defeat Radio Guy! Put him on TV, apparently.

This mouthbreathing troglodyte immediately starts screaming "Barack Obamer! He's an appeaser!" and Chris Matthews asks him, "Why are you screaming?" After a few minutes, Matthews asks him just what Neville Chamberlain did in 1938.

And this guy doesn't know. But Matthews doesn't let up, and the results are hilarious. I couldn't remember exactly which year Chamberlain gave parts of Czechoslovakia to Hitler, but Jesus Christ, how do you get on television and screech "appeaser! he's an appeaser!" without knowing all the details about what went on at the Munch Agreement?

Anyway, enjoy. I know I did. Ben, if you're flipping through the dials trying to find something - anything - to listen to out there, I feel for you.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=d1wSZBTAXRs[/youtube]
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

hygraed

Post by hygraed » Fri May 16, 2008 12:08 am

Hahahahaha, at 0:36 Matthews is thinking "Oh for Christ's sake."

edit: This is an awesome video. What James apparently hasn't the slightest inkling about is that Chamberlain, in conceding the Sudentenland to the Nazis, was basically stalling for time. He hoped to get Germany off England's back long enough for England to build up a suitable air force with which to combat the German military, when such a conflict could eventually no longer be postponed.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Fri May 16, 2008 7:58 am

Yeah, I'm amazed James actually says he doesn't know. Granted, it took Matthews several minutes of asking the same question, but still. There's something to these conservobots that really makes it difficult for them to say, "I don't know."

One of the terrible AM guys out here (Mike Rosen, if you are local and following) was talking to a caller about military action in some corner of the globe, and he asked Rosen if he was a military strategist.

The caller framed it in the context of, "Hey, I'm not and you're not, but perhaps this one guy who is has a good point." And Rosen absolutely would not say, "No, I am not a military strategist." In fact, after dodging the question for a minute, he let out an exasperated, "YES!"

There was no loss of face there, either! Of course he and the caller weren't experienced military commanders - nobody expected them to be. It wasn't the "G.I. Joe and Destro Morning Talk Hour" or anything. It was amazing.

But yeah, this James guy takes it to another level. His logic falls apart instantly, and it makes you feel like an idiot for dissecting it.

1) He doens't know what appeasement means.

2) Barack Obama wants to talk to people who hate the United States, or are otherwise causing issues over the world.

3) George Bush wants to as well, but 1) can't, 2) has sent members of his staff to do just that and failed ... so in his typical six-thumbed approach to "helping," he blames the new guy for his failures

4) There's nothing wrong with talking to heads of state in the world

5) Barack Obama isn't the fucking President, so this is all hypothetical based on him getting elected in November

6) Talking is not appeasement. So shouting that a guy who is not President is carving off land someplace and giving it to our as-of-yet undefined enemies is unbelievably moronic. Unless Kevin James is talking, sorry, shouting about some poorly-run game of Civ II that Barack played over the weekend.

(That would be a slap to Hillary Clinton's "campaign" at this point, just releasing a video of Barack playing Civ II or Civ IV. What better way to say, "Fuck you, I'm playing a game that will consume all my attention and energy for the next 16 hours and leave me skipping meals and outside considerations.)

This should probably be a second reply, but: the main problem I have with slicing off sections of a country and giving it to the Nazis is that the Czechs weren't, ahhh, at the "negotiation" table. That's pretty unforgivable. The Nazis have become this catch-all comic book villain, but a bunch of world leaders had to say to a guy tending his garden, "Umm... we are giving your land to the Borg." Imagine going to work, getting married, having a couple of kids and then finding out that your county is now in the hands of, shit, the Decepticons. Darth Vader. Christ, none of the made-up examples are actually as bad as the Nazis.

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri May 16, 2008 8:41 am

ROMEY,

I think Kevin James made a lot of sense.

SIGNED,

Miss Teen South Carolina
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Draal Ranger

Post by Draal Ranger » Fri May 16, 2008 9:17 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:This should probably be a second reply, but: the main problem I have with slicing off sections of a country and giving it to the Nazis is that the Czechs weren't, ahhh, at the "negotiation" table. That's pretty unforgivable.
Um... Czechoslovakia and Austria (both of which have high concentrations of Germans) were formed at the Treaty of Versailles from the remants of the Austria-Hungary state and large parts of Germany. The Austria-Hungary state was formed after another war from the Austrian Empire (which was once the Holy Roman Empire until a previous war redivided territories). With the formation of the Austria-Hungary state, Germany in its form until WWI was created (as part of the division of the Austrian Empire).

All these land divisions happened about 150 prior to World War II, and with memories that are long, it isn't really that hard to believe how the Third Reich was just an excuse for reunifcation of the Holy Roman Empire, or Germany as its old self. Chamberlain giving parts of Czechoslovakia (more less, the British just said they wouldn't defend it) was most likely just a couple of guys sitting around a table with perhaps even the same map they used originially to divide the territories at the Treaty of Versailles, was just a measure of giving back land.

So err... It really isn't that hard to understand how Hitler could maybe pull on the sympathies of people who remembered how things were before "those other bastards took it away from us"? I always thought Hitler was pulled along by his own thoughts and actions, as I've noticed in groups at school, that it becomes difficult for people to stop and say "This isn't working" when they decide and communicate an idea to a group, or the idea is constantly reinforced and never questioned. I didn't know him, but it just seemed that finding a reason for why everything went so horribly wrong for the people around him, just kept going from one small thought, to countless actions (in this case, forming the Jews as the ones who "destroyed" everything).

And wasn't his aunt Jewish? He had a rowe with them, and just played the idea that everyone he could form into that group was like her, or the problems he dealt with on that families side. It seemed he sought for answers to explain his difficulties, and as many people seem to do, formed and fractored his own interactions into ideas, into groups and disciplines of thought, that then seemed to apply to anyone in a defined group.

You know, things appear complicated when your in the middle of them, but become simple and arbitrary when looked at from any other viewpoint. Which kinda happens; we forget that these are basically people and instead associate certain traits, values, correllations or ideas with them, when that only exists in our head. Obama, Hitler, Hilary, Ben, Sara, Ed, me or you, they really arn't politicians but just human beings.

Its a sort of sad precursor, a sort of fallacy of the dawn (that of the possibility and the potential inherit in just being human beings*, in being born and being able to re-evaluate and understand everything in a new, wonderful way), that we've become used to, much less able, to think of people as anything else.

*whatever that is
Last edited by Draal Ranger on Fri May 16, 2008 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

hygraed

Post by hygraed » Fri May 16, 2008 9:20 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:This should probably be a second reply, but: the main problem I have with slicing off sections of a country and giving it to the Nazis is that the Czechs weren't, ahhh, at the "negotiation" table. That's pretty unforgivable. The Nazis have become this catch-all comic book villain, but a bunch of world leaders had to say to a guy tending his garden, "Umm... we are giving your land to the Borg." Imagine going to work, getting married, having a couple of kids and then finding out that your county is now in the hands of, shit, the Decepticons. Darth Vader. Christ, none of the made-up examples are actually as bad as the Nazis.
I agree it's a shitty thing to do, but the alternative would have been to give the Nazis nothing, thus accelerating the lead-up to military conflict, probably too quickly for Britain to amass enough military force to come out on top of such a conflict.

Draal Ranger

Post by Draal Ranger » Fri May 16, 2008 9:36 am

hygraed wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:This should probably be a second reply, but: the main problem I have with slicing off sections of a country and giving it to the Nazis is that the Czechs weren't, ahhh, at the "negotiation" table. That's pretty unforgivable. The Nazis have become this catch-all comic book villain, but a bunch of world leaders had to say to a guy tending his garden, "Umm... we are giving your land to the Borg." Imagine going to work, getting married, having a couple of kids and then finding out that your county is now in the hands of, shit, the Decepticons. Darth Vader. Christ, none of the made-up examples are actually as bad as the Nazis.
I agree it's a shitty thing to do, but the alternative would have been to give the Nazis nothing, thus accelerating the lead-up to military conflict, probably too quickly for Britain to amass enough military force to come out on top of such a conflict.
The only thought that comes to mind, is how I remember my grandmother telling me how she accidently heard about Churchill's funeral procession while tuning her radio, and then brought my mother home from school to listen to it. Of her leaving my mother in the car to listen, while she went back into the house to grab her portable so at least her daughter wouldn't miss every moment of it, and maybe she would remmeber.

Not sure of anything else.

Draal Ranger

Re: Radio Host Kevin James sums up the state of talk radio

Post by Draal Ranger » Fri May 16, 2008 9:53 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Some guy named Kevin James was on Hardball tonight. Worm once spoke to me about how you can never get over on "radio guy" because as soon as you challenge their idiocy (be it sports, politics or whatever) your call gets dumped and they rip you amongst their chucklefuck cohorts for the next half-hour.
Why even enter into an enviroment (as a caller or as anything else) where a person knows this will happen, or for the host, feel that it is essential to create such an enviroment, where there is no possibility of being wronged or questioned? Why try to attach or create a garden around oneself?

Or if both avenues appear obvious and wise to those taking part, why propagate this if it is banal, stupid, trite, etc? Why even bring it up or waste thought, time, and energy on it?

Just curious.

hygraed

Post by hygraed » Fri May 16, 2008 10:50 am

According to Wikipedia, James got his undergraduate degree at the University of Oklahoma and used to be an Oklahoma City AM talk show host.

Good old Oklahoma. We turn out the best.

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri May 16, 2008 10:52 am

I tuned my radio to 870 this morning, hoping that his show would be on! I can't wait to hear how he spins it as the biased liberal media not letting him make his excellent points that Obama is just like that one guy who did something bad once!

bruce

Post by bruce » Fri May 16, 2008 12:28 pm

pinback wrote:I tuned my radio to 870 this morning, hoping that his show would be on! I can't wait to hear how he spins it as the biased liberal media not letting him make his excellent points that Obama is just like that one guy who did something bad once!
YOU'RE AN APPEASER YOU'RE AN APPEASER YOU'RE AN APPEASER I CAN'T HEAR YOU I'VE GOT YOUR APPEASEMENT IN MY EAR.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat May 17, 2008 4:10 pm

In a perfect world, the dumb fucker would lose his job, not because he crossed some line, but because he's obviously unqualified to talk in front of people. I went around the Internet to see a reaction to this.

This is pretty good: http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blog ... 70523.aspx

Long after reasonable people have moved on, two dicksucking conservobots named "osaycanuc" and "enkephalon" fellate each other with ever-more hilarious nonsense. They're interchangable retards, but the last one actually does manage to blame LIBUHRRHRALS for Kevin James being the dumbest fucking shitstain on television since Miss Teen South Carolina.

Draal Ranger

Post by Draal Ranger » Sat May 17, 2008 4:18 pm

Out of more misplaced curiousity:

Who are liberal and conservative?

Do I see them walking down the street?

Do I see them walking hand in hand?

Do I see them eating green eggs and ham?

I do not know this liberal, Sam I am. Would I eat a conservative with green eggs and ham? I do not know them, Sam I am.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:37 pm

Christ, Draal was a shitty poster. You guys think we have it bad with some of Paul's posts, Draal was a total shitheap. You can't get three words in without rolling your eyes at what he was awkwardly trying to say.

pinback

Post by pinback » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:09 pm

I am CANCELLING MY BEEF WITH DRAAL.

Tdarcos

Re: Radio Host Kevin James sums up the state of talk radio

Post by Tdarcos » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:12 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:After a few minutes, Matthews asks him just what Neville Chamberlain did in 1938.
British Prime Minister Chamberlain all but gave Hitler whatever part of Europe he wanted.
how do you get on television and screech "appeaser! he's an appeaser!" without knowing all the details about what went on at the Munch Agreement?
To fully invoke Godwin's law, you're like a Grammar Nazi who criticizes other people's misspellings then makes one himself.

It's "Munich Agreement" not "Munch Agreement". I think the latter has something to do with the TV show Law and Order.
"Light of the World, shine on me."
- England Dan and John Ford Coley, Love Is the Answer

pinback

Post by pinback » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:43 pm

Well, Paul, one is a typo, and one is a guy making a living screaming into a microphone about a bunch of shit he knows nothing about, and getting called on it on live television.

There's a difference, buddy! BEEF CANCELLED!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:48 am

pinback wrote:Well, Paul, one is a typo, and one is a guy making a living screaming into a microphone about a bunch of shit he knows nothing about, and getting called on it on live television.

There's a difference, buddy! BEEF CANCELLED!
I was wondering when this thread was going to get around to the box of 12 meals made with Soylent Green err I mean with beef, yeah, right, they're made with beef.
"Light of the World, shine on me."
- England Dan and John Ford Coley, Love Is the Answer