Is it racist to only want to live around white people?

News & Cars

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

pinback

Is it racist to only want to live around white people?

Post by pinback » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:19 pm

If you (a white person) want the best for all people, but only want to live around your own race, are you a racist?

If a black guy or an A-RAB moves into your neighborhood and you think "I wish him and his family only the best, but ah geez, why did it have to be here?" Are you a racist?
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

pinback

Re: Is it racist to only want to live around white people?

Post by pinback » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:20 pm

(To clarify, this is not me "asking for a friend". I dislike living around white people, particularly in these times.)

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:59 pm

Yes, this would seem to be the very definition of racism, is it not?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:34 pm

I dunno. I like spiders, but I wouldn't want them crawling all over my house. Am I a spiderist?

I would think the definition of racist is that you hold some sense of superiority over, and hostility toward, other races.

RealNC

Post by RealNC » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:03 pm

Hm. Is it racist if a black person or an A-RAB only wants to live around white people? If I were black, I still wouldn't want to live around them, and I'm not even racist.

But to answer the original question: not sure if that makes you racist, but it sure does look like it makes you a xenophobe.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Spiders wont break into your garage and steal your tires

Just sayin'

pinback

Post by pinback » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:23 pm

What if I don't like avocados? I just don't like eating avocados. I have nothing against them, I'm glad they're around for people to enjoy, but they're not for me.

What if I don't living around a bunch of Frenchmen? I think they're smelly and I don't like listening to their language, because there are too many vowels. I don't dislike them as people, I have nothing against the French, I'd just rather hang out with Peruvians.

Am I given a pass on the first thing, and not on the second?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:04 pm

I think we're gonna learn a lot about JC denizens that I'd rather not know. This doesn't mean that I want anyone to stop posting, just that I may be reading this thread without having glasses on.

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:14 am

pinback wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:19 pm
If you (a white person) want the best for all people, but only want to live around your own race, are you a racist?

If a black guy or an A-RAB moves into your neighborhood and you think "I wish him and his family only the best, but ah geez, why did it have to be here?" Are you a racist?
Its not racist as long as you keep it to yourself, it's just you're prejudiced. For example, I can think that Asian women can't drive very well and that's prejudiced (or observant) but if i post about it to someone who adopted an Asian daughter then that's racist because it could hurt your feelings or make you feel discriminated against. As long as you don't act out your prejudice then it's not racist.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:08 am

Well said!

pinback

Post by pinback » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:18 am

We will not be allowing our daughter to drive.

Flack

Post by Flack » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:15 am

"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:12 am

pinback wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:23 pm
What if I don't like avocados? I just don't like eating avocados. I have nothing against them, I'm glad they're around for people to enjoy, but they're not for me.
what's wrong with avacados? Avacados are "Mexican butter", they're pure fat in a nicely sealed rind. Did you know that avacados can give you the most gloriously horribly smelling farts? Like, literally if you wanted to get back at someone you work or live with you can eat 3 avacados and wait a day then attack.

pinback

Post by pinback » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:22 am

I like avocados. I think they're great!

Some of my best friends are avocados!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:53 pm

pinback wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:18 am
We will not be allowing our daughter to drive.
Insanely racist. Institutionalized racism.

Racism, everybody!!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:36 am

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:10 pm

pinback wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:19 pm

When I heard 7-11s started selling donuts a few years ago I said, "there goes the neighborhood." I knew it would start attracting riff-raff and troublemakers, i.e. police officers.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:11 pm

Wanting or thinking something doesn't really make you a racist. That's just how you feel. Actively preventing someone from a different race from living near you or throwing a flaming cross in their yard to drive them out IS. In my studies I've found most white people don't care about a minority living in the neighborhood if they are of the same income level or social status. Mostly it has more to do with culture and money. If it's a housing tract everyone has the same amount of money because all the houses are equally as dull. In smaller towns, homes can vary greatly in value between neighbors and attract different types of people where money not race is the overriding factor. But minorities as a whole make less than white people. So the 500k house may have a 100k next to it, creating a white-black animosity that really has more to do with wealth.

Take Freemesser. He probably has never engaged a black person in his life on purpose. But when he got a lower income level white person in his neighborhood he deemed them white trash and launched a crusade to rid himself of them over garbage cans. It's more of being an elitist prick or snob in the end. However I believe if the person was black he either would've not engaged them or bent over backwards to be nice about then situation. Then stick a burning cross in their yard under cover of darkness to drive them out.

I will be living in a "mixed" household in Denver next year (if all goes well) and would prefer a neighborhood that wasn't all white people. However I'd rather live in government housing than an all white housing development of soccer moms, gadfly's and gossips.
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:00 pm

Wow, this is riveting. I thought Knuckles was some kind of settled down married conservative guy? Now he's roomating in Denver near his brother. What's been going on in Knuckles life lately?

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:10 pm

Knuckles the CLown wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:11 pm
Take Freemesser
Wait. Is this the guy on Groucho whose government job got fucked because of the sorta racist shit he posted? Whatever happened to that guy? Looks like groucho.org is now a photo "enthuiest" site which makes sense.