My Trump Bet

News & Cars

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

My Trump Bet

Post by pinback » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:01 pm

I have a bet with a certain internet acquaintance. It is this:

If Trump is out of office before 1/1/2019, I have to send him 3 bottles of hot sauce.

If he is still in office on 1/1/2019, he has to send me 3 boxes of Herb Ox-brand sodium-free granulated chicken bouillon.

WHO GONNA WIN???
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: My Trump Bet

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:30 pm

Er, well, he's not going to resign and the only way to start proceedings against him is that the House needs a majority to vote, right? So until that happens, no matter what filth that degenerate piece of shit engages in, he stays.

In checking on how it all works, I did find this page: https://www.congressforkids.net/Executi ... chment.htm - which is amazing. They managed to make Obama strike Nixon's pose as their example. Impressive. It's for kids, gotta get 'em young, I suppose.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:13 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty confident. Of course, I go through three boxes of Herb Ox-brand sodium-free granulated chicken bouillon every two days, so I probably should have upped the ante.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:49 pm

How bad would it have to be for the guy to just resign? I mean, if we take his Twitter account seriously, he thinks he's doing a great job. I think objectively anyone say that he is doing a terrible job although I don't mean to imply that there aren't aspects of the country that are continuing to do well. Actually, talking about this at all sickens me so I'll bow out now.

pinback

Post by pinback » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:32 am

Well, I figure the only way he goes out is if the Mueller thing uncovers actual crimes that he has to be... I dunno. Whatever man.

I'ma get me ma soup.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:09 pm

I said this before.

First, Trump is not going to resign.

Second, impeachment is supposed to be for "high crimes and [high] misdemeanors," a term which today would mean felonies. Impeachment was not intended to counter either public disapproval of the president nor public disagreement. (The sardonic part of me wants to say "that's what assassination has been for".) Nor is impeachment intended to counter incompetence or ineptitude by the president. (In theory the vice president can relieve him through the Twenty-Fifth Amendment if a majority of the cabinet agrees the president is unable to do his job.)

Third, an impeachment is a very hard charge to make - only two attempts have stuck - and no president has been convicted.

Fourth, a successful impeachment - with or without conviction - would hand the White House to the Democrats in 2020, something the republicans do not want, obviously.

Jimmy Carter was far worse and he survived the full four years. Face it guys, you're stuck with Trump until at least 12:00 EST, January 20, 2021.

Hey! Editing works again.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:51 am

Whoa, an expert on politics, as well? HOW DOES he manage to be an expert on so many topics?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:38 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:51 am
Whoa, an expert on politics, as well? HOW DOES he manage to be an expert on so many topics?
By reading and remembering what I read. Please also note I did not claim to be an expert. I just simply know things on a wide range of topics.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:22 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:09 pm
Jimmy Carter was far worse and he survived the full four years.
what? Pls to be providing some evidence of this assertion.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:00 pm

He died right around the time Nelson Mandela died in prison

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:57 pm

Casual Observer wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:22 pm
Tdarcos wrote:
The evidence to me is that nearly every person I know or worked with over the age of 50 or so referred to him as "Jimmy FUCKING Carter". Insane mortgage interest rates and insane lines to gas pumps are frequently cited.

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:33 pm

Jizaboz wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:57 pm
Casual Observer wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:22 pm
Tdarcos wrote:
The evidence to me is that nearly every person I know or worked with over the age of 50 or so referred to him as "Jimmy FUCKING Carter". Insane mortgage interest rates and insane lines to gas pumps are frequently cited.
I wasn't really politically aware during his time but i'm aware now that he came into office in the middle fo an economic recovery which turned into runaway inflation by his last 2 years, not entirely the president's fault I think. From what I've read about the Iran hostage crises, the republicans had something to do with fucking Carter over with the outcome. I don't think any reasonable human being can call Carter worse than Trump (or even W. for that matter) in presidential rankings.

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:38 pm

Carter made home brewing LEGAL!!! How can we possibly denigrate a president who finally, after like 80 years made it legal for us to make our own beer?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:41 pm

At this point, it's open season on Trump on this BBS. To call the guy outside the Florida school a "coward," well, that's just Trump To then tell people he would have RAN IN THERE unarmed and fixed the situation, while he begged his way out of Vietnam - fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you, what a piece of shit. Anyone else and they would have had three threads already on this BBS. He's a reprehensible pile of human fucking garbage.

pinback

Post by pinback » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:36 am

THIS is what swung the tide here against him?

pinback

Post by pinback » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:37 am

And, I'm as confident as ever that I'm going to win my bet. It's horrific to me that the most vile person I could possibly conceive of is not only not in a mental institution/prison, but is the President, but god DAMN that's some tasty granulated chicken bouillon.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:13 am

Yeah, well.. Trump is what you get after 8 years of W followed by 8 years of Obama. Sorry dudes! Quit voting red or blue for president!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:48 am

pinback wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:37 am
It's horrific to me that the most vile person I could possibly conceive of is not only not in a mental institution/prison
You could take heart in the fact he's reduced to living in old government housing.

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:39 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:48 am
You could take heart in the fact he's reduced to living in old government housing.
Not. Funny. Anymore.

This passed for a joke a year ago when it was mostly him lying all the time and being a racist asshole. It's no longer funny, what with Russian spies being walked into the country, completely botching on purpose the puerto rico storm response (because he don't see them as Americans) , blatant graft and enrichment by almost everybody appointed by him including Ben Carson.

I will, however, be laughing my ass off at you for defending him when he makes a rule that you have to work to get your SSD, or decides to ship you a box of healthy food instead of giving you food stamp cash for banquet meals.

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:44 pm

Jizaboz wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:13 am
Quit voting red or blue for president!
No way dude, we're so far away from there being a credible third party in this country that it's dangerous to suggest throwing away presidential votes on the likes of a Jill "Wacko" Stein or Gary "idiot" Johnson. There were enough votes thrown away on those jokers to flip multiple states, and apparently the russians were more than happy to help them with their bots praying on idiots that don't understand what is a fact or real article. I guess the only benefit of those thrown votes is we got Trump and now there seems to be a blue wave crossing the country in most special elections. Americans usually vote against things instead of for them so it's not looking good for the reds this year.

We don't have a parliamentary system where multiple parties can form coalitions and choose a prime minister that they agree on. We have a bi-polar race to the bottom with both parties mostly caring only about donations because nobody will lift a finger to fix campaign finance. It wouldn't matter a stitch if we had a real third party, it would take years and lots of money and even still the best it could hope to be is a spoiler or a block in congress.