Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

News & Cars

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: San Francisco

Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by Casual Observer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:04 pm

So I just signed this after seeing the commercials all night long on MSNBC. The last step of a petition is always to share it but family's out (mom's a trumpster, dad's a libertarian) so thought i'd put it here. Billy Mays and all the "people" like him can suck my fucking dick for giving us Dump.

Impeach Trump: Sign the Petition
Hi,
I just signed Tom Steyer’s petition demanding that Congress take action and impeach Donald Trump.
Trump has taken money from foreign governments, obstructed justice at the FBI, and even brought us to the brink of nuclear war. We need to impeach our dangerous president.
Will you join me and help us reach reach one million signatures by adding your name to the petition today?
Just click here to sign on: https://action.needtoimpeach.com/act-og ... a_s-og3-t2
Thanks!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Are you serious? Have you even thought this out? Trump is probably the safest type of president to have, he's a bumbler and probably incompetent. That means he isn't bright enough to make too many serious mistakes. And he's so polarizing it prevents Congress from doing anything.

Republican majorities in both houses of Congress and they still can't figure out how to get rid of Obamacare. And they are not going to vote out a republican and thus guarantee the White House goes to a Democrat in 2020.

But more importantly, did you ever consider Pence might be worse? The guy is a Young-Earth Creationist; that's one of those people who believe the earth is under 10,000 years old. And he believes in Intelligent Design, which means God made every living creature as it is, and that evolution is false, despite the evidence to the alternative, as well as the fact Inteligent Design has been proven wrong.

If he gets to replace trump we may have to fight Kitzmiller v. Dover all over again as more public schools try to sneak creationism into the science classes.

Be very careful about demanding a replacement before you discover the replacement might be worse.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

Casual Observer
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by Casual Observer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:08 pm

No, you autistic libertarian. Trump is a daily affront to a supermajority of Americans but thanks to gerrymandering and ignorant fucks like Billy Mays, the republicans are seemingly trying to stick it out on the long shot that they'll get their tax cut for the rich they've been pining for forever. If Trump was impeached or removed using the 25th amendment then Pence who stood by his side would be so weakened that he wouldn't get shit done. At least we could relax from this daily shitshow embarrassment. If independents and moderate republicans can get some brains or integrity by '18, we'll pick up a couple seats in the senate at bare minimum so we can at least fight them to a standstill.

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Typical stupidity

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Casual Observer wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:08 pm
No, you autistic libertarian.
There you go again, as usual, someone with no answers to respond to what I have to say - presumably because he has no answer and knows I am right - has to resort to ad hominem attacks instead of responding with facts and evidence. Truth stands on its own, only lies require insults to try and bolster their credibility,

Now, going back to what you originally said,
Trump has taken money from foreign governments, obstructed justice at the FBI, and even brought us to the brink of nuclear war.
For each of these items please state where you have evidence of these things as well as the specific sections of the U.S. Code that were violated. While some or all of these could be true, I want to see where the evidence is from, judge the credibility of the source and determine its validity.

You should also realize there have only been two attempts at impeachment of a president (Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton) and no convictions have ever been successful. The constitutional requirement is commission of "high crimes and misdemeanors" which means a "high misdemeanor" which is now called a felony (except in New Jersey).
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

Casual Observer
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Typical stupidity

Post by Casual Observer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:45 pm

Fat Rolling Idiot wrote:There you go again, as usual, someone with no answers to respond to what I have to say - presumably because he has no answer and knows I am right - has to resort to ad hominem attacks instead of responding with facts and evidence. Truth stands on its own, only lies require insults to try and bolster their credibility,
You live on disability payments (unfairly because you could loose weight if you wanted to) so depend on the same programs that are threatened by Dump and the cynical repug maggots that are giving him a pass. I've said before that you're a fucking hypocrite for taking SSD and being a libertarian (like my parents), you are a fucking criminal if you support trump and what's going on with repugs and keep taking our tax dollars for your banquet dinners.
Tdarcos wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:27 pm
Now, going back to what you originally said,
Trump has taken money from foreign governments, obstructed justice at the FBI, and even brought us to the brink of nuclear war.
For each of these items please state where you have evidence of these things as well as the specific sections of the U.S. Code that were violated. While some or all of these could be true, I want to see where the evidence is from, judge the credibility of the source and determine its validity.

You should also realize there have only been two attempts at impeachment of a president (Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton) and no convictions have ever been successful. The constitutional requirement is commission of "high crimes and misdemeanors" which means a "high misdemeanor" which is now called a felony (except in New Jersey).
1) taken money from foreign governments: besides "unproved allegations" there's the Trump International Hotel Washington DC (emoluments clause) and Mar a Lago (same)
2) Obstructed justice at the FBI: demanded Comey's loyalty then fired him, many other things
3) Brought us to the brink of nuclear war: ok, not really but he has totally fucked up diplomacy w/ Iran and N. Korea.

Honestly, those reasons are just the most undeniable issues with Dump.

Who gives a shit about convictions? Just get the bum outta there so we can go back to our regular life of having a real president that's not flagrantly breaking every social decorum and every day bringing a new embarrassment to us. Threat of impeachment got crooked Nixon outta there so that'll be fine. Clinton's impeachment was total fucking bullshit so that's why he didn't resign.

I would take Pence over Dump any day, in fact would take W. back because at least he had people working with him that had plan.

Casual Observer
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by Casual Observer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Wow, ICJ, does this board really automatically replace the word "f aggots(without the space)" with maggots? Not fucking cool.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13137
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by pinback » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:48 pm

I already complained about that last week. It's LAME, Robb.

It's really, really lame.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Typical stupidity

Post by Tdarcos » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:25 pm

Casual Observer wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:45 pm
You live on disability payments (unfairly because you could loose weight if you wanted to)
You have probably not noticed I have, on more than one occasion, mentioned the medications I take, one of them being levothyroxine, which is used to treat low thyroid levels. That condition makes losing weight very difficult. Again you make comments about things for which you haven't even the smell of a clue.
I've said before that you're a fucking hypocrite for taking SSD and being a libertarian (like my parents),
Again, as I pointed out, the government collected forced payments from me when I worked which I had no opportunity to decline to do so and was required under threat of fines and imprisonment if I tried not to pay it (by using an excuse to try to get my employers not to pay it). Since I was forced to pay into this entitlement program, now that I qualify to get back money forced from me I'd be stupid not to take it. If I had never paid into this Ponzi scheme or had the capacity to refuse to pay, then I would be a hypocrite. It's not hypocritical to try and get money back from someone who has effectively robbed you at gunpoint. (If you think this is exaggeration, consider what would happen if you don't pay taxes: they will use whatever methods they can to collect it, including having armed marshals seize your property and sell it.)
you are a fucking criminal if you support trump and what's going on with repugs and keep taking our tax dollars for your banquet dinners.
Again, as usual, you say things for which you don't have the slightest fucking clue. I haven't eaten anything from Banquet in more than 2 1/2 years.
1) taken money from foreign governments: besides "unproved allegations" there's the Trump International Hotel Washington DC (emoluments clause) and Mar a Lago (same)
Trump is being sued over this issue but I suggest you read this article https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 43070ea90e from The Washington Post which explains that the Emoluments Clause case is not as cut-and-dried as you think it is. I remember a similar issue where someone was discussing the "Interstate Compacts Clause," not every contract between two states represents an Interstate Compact requiring congressional approval. One example being employees of one state on official business visiting another state and having to contract with a state-operated canal along the way for transit, does not constitute the sort of thing requiring congressional approval
2) Obstructed justice at the FBI: demanded Comey's loyalty then fired him, many other things
James Comey, as a Senior Executive Service level employee, serves at the pleasure of the President who can terminate him for any reason. Unless you can show the firing was other than a political disagreement, and show in exactly what fashion the firing was done for nefarious or illegal purposes, it does not rise to the level of an impeachable offense.
3) Brought us to the brink of nuclear war: ok, not really but he has totally fucked up diplomacy w/ Iran and N. Korea.
Iran and North Korea have been sociopathic countries for decades; Iran going back to the Carter Administration and the Hostage Crisis of '79, and the DPRK has been a basket case since the Eisenhower Administration. But beyond this, Impeachment is reserved for misconduct and criminal behavior. Plain incompetence is not an impeachable offense, which is why Presidential impeachments are so rare.
Who gives a shit about convictions? Just get the bum outta there so we can go back to
Because, you stupid fool, an impeachment is the equivalent of an indictment in a criminal case. The person must be convicted or they remain in power.
Threat of impeachment got crooked Nixon outta there so that'll be fine. Clinton's impeachment was total fucking bullshit so that's why he didn't resign.
Nixon essentially had no friends or support so he knew there was no way he could survive. As for Clinton, neither committing adultery nor oral copulation are crimes either at the federal level nor in the District of Columbia so whatever fun and games he was up to with that plump intern in the Oval Office were not crimes. The rest, as you said, was bullshit.

Trump is too hard headed to resign even if he did commit an act constituting a high crime or high misdemeanor. And unless there is more there than incompetence it's not going to be enough.

There is an old saying, "if you're going to take down the King you had better make sure you do so on the first shot." A botched impeachment would be worse than him being incompetent, because remaining in office after an acquittal would boost his already inflated ego and embolden him to go after even bigger things to fuck up.

Presuming he doesn't invoke Article II, Sec. 3 of the Constitution and adjourn Congress if they tried to impeach him. I think he might have the balls to try it.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21628
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Again, as I pointed out, the government collected forced payments from me when I worked which I had no opportunity to decline to do so and was required under threat of fines and imprisonment if I tried not to pay it (by using an excuse to try to get my employers not to pay it). Since I was forced to pay into this entitlement program, now that I qualify to get back money forced from me I'd be stupid not to take it. If I had never paid into this Ponzi scheme or had the capacity to refuse to pay, then I would be a hypocrite. It's not hypocritical to try and get money back from someone who has effectively robbed you at gunpoint. (If you think this is exaggeration, consider what would happen if you don't pay taxes: they will use whatever methods they can to collect it, including having armed marshals seize your property and sell it.)
Ahhh, he's got you there, CO. They made him pay into Social Security and now he's drawing from it. This isn't libertarian hypocrisy, if paying into it was a choice, then sure.

I'm proud of ya for sticking up for yourself, Commander.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Re: Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by Billy Mays » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:48 pm

Maybe the problem here is you watching MSNBC all night long? Have you ever considered watching sports like a normal human being, maybe that would work to calm you down?

Casual Observer
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by Casual Observer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:43 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Ahhh, he's got you there, CO. They made him pay into Social Security and now he's drawing from it. This isn't libertarian hypocrisy, if paying into it was a choice, then sure.

I'm proud of ya for sticking up for yourself, Commander.
shouldn't the fact that his life depends on a government program open his mind to the idea that maybe he's wrong to argue that the same program shouldn't exist? Libertarianism should be reserved for folks who can self support for any personal needs they may have,. Otherwise, they should admit that, "well, I guess there are things that werent laid out in the constitution but so far at least only the government can be the ultimate safety net for". It's a matter of basic empathy, if you're in a position to live on a program that gives you only $650 a month in 2017 then why can't you admit that there are other human beings in the same spot and maybe it's wrong to advocate against your lifeline? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you junk food.

Casual Observer
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by Casual Observer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:45 am

Billy Mays wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:48 pm
Maybe the problem here is you watching MSNBC all night long? Have you ever considered watching sports like a normal human being, maybe that would work to calm you down?
pls to be telling us any good things trump has done ever.

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21628
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:30 am

Casual Observer wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:43 am
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Ahhh, he's got you there, CO. They made him pay into Social Security and now he's drawing from it. This isn't libertarian hypocrisy, if paying into it was a choice, then sure.

I'm proud of ya for sticking up for yourself, Commander.
shouldn't the fact that his life depends on a government program open his mind to the idea that maybe he's wrong to argue that the same program shouldn't exist? Libertarianism should be reserved for folks who can self support for any personal needs they may have,. Otherwise, they should admit that, "well, I guess there are things that werent laid out in the constitution but so far at least only the government can be the ultimate safety net for". It's a matter of basic empathy, if you're in a position to live on a program that gives you only $650 a month in 2017 then why can't you admit that there are other human beings in the same spot and maybe it's wrong to advocate against your lifeline? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you junk food.
Yes, if you change your argument then it is easy to find the inherent hypocrisy of libertarianism. But, as far as social security goes.................

You got got!!!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by Casual Observer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:19 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:30 am
Yes, if you change your argument then it is easy to find the inherent hypocrisy of libertarianism. But, as far as social security goes.................

You got got!!!
well, hmm, ok. I don't think I ever said he wasn't due or shouldn't take it, my point was always that it clashes with his stated political beliefs which I understand to be hipocracy. Paul, apologies if you thought I was saying you shouldn't take your government pittance.

User avatar
AArdvark
Posts: 7677
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 6:12 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by AArdvark » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:20 pm

Besides impeachment, is there any other way to have someone else do Trump's job? Not like he's being any kind of diplomat or anything.

THE
TAKE THE PHONE AWAY
AARDVARK

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21628
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:32 pm

Casual Observer wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:19 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:30 am
Yes, if you change your argument then it is easy to find the inherent hypocrisy of libertarianism. But, as far as social security goes.................

You got got!!!
well, hmm, ok. I don't think I ever said he wasn't due or shouldn't take it, my point was always that it clashes with his stated political beliefs which I understand to be hipocracy. Paul, apologies if you thought I was saying you shouldn't take your government pittance.
In that case..................

I just got got!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Jizaboz
Posts: 1139
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Typical stupidity

Post by Jizaboz » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:04 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:25 pm
Who gives a shit about convictions? Just get the bum outta there so we can go back to
Because, you stupid fool,

REKT

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:45 am

AArdvark wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:20 pm
Besides impeachment, is there any other way to have someone else do Trump's job? Not like he's being any kind of diplomat or anything.

THE
TAKE THE PHONE AWAY
AARDVARK
There is a method which has never been used (except in movies and TV) and is considered the equivalent of a legal coup de etat.

The 25th Amendment permits the President to temporarily appoint the Vice President as Acting President if the President is temporarily unable to perform his duties. The President will routinely sign such an appointment if he goes in for surgery under anesthesia or other medical procedures which would incapacitate him for a while.

The 25th Amendment also permits the Vice President, if a majority of the cabinet agree, to declare the President to be incapacitated and take over as Acting President for the duration of such incapacity. There are procedures to terminate this but it's potentially a nasty and messy response. This is the part that is considered "the equivalent of a legal coup de etat."
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

User avatar
AArdvark
Posts: 7677
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 6:12 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by AArdvark » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:06 am

Oh yeah, Glenn Close almost did that to Han Solo once.

Finally, they're repealing the insurance mandate. Now if they could only do that with car insurance as well

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13137
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Hey, everybody except Billy Mays and Knuckles should sign this

Post by pinback » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:51 am

Right, so now, some of us can choose not to buy insurance, and then rest of us can't afford to buy insurance.

Great stuff!
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Post Reply