I changed my oil

News & Cars

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

AArdvark

I changed my oil

Post by AArdvark » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:04 pm

This might sound mundane to all you do-it-yourselfers but it's the first time in over three years that I got down on the crawlie-gator and did it myself.
I know this because I left the ramps at the last house and just remembered it after I searched the garage for ten minutes. I thought I was past the stage of hands-on oil changes. I wanted to be in the stage of write-a-check and get-a-coffee while I wait oil changes. The last one, 5000 miles ago ( you don't have to change at 3K, just letting ya know) was over a hundred bucks. I wont name names but the place rhymes with balveolean and they kinda sucked. They wouldn't let me got out of the car (safety protocol)
I did it myself in less time and saved fifty bucks. Hmm.

THE
BOTTOM LINE
AARDVARK

AArdvark

Re: I changed my oil

Post by AArdvark » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:05 pm

Fuck android and their stupid touch screen input. Imma get on the keyboard in a minute

I edited the last post for clarity. I used a keyboard and mouse.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:34 pm

It's no fun to change your own oil but the peace of mind in not being the guy who has to post "that stupid 16 year old FUCK left the oil plug out and now my motor is seized and I have to sue Midas." is worth the half hour, easy.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:52 pm

well, they were very professional and all but they kept finding things to nickel and dime me to death. Then they looked affronted when I declined to replace every greasy thing-a ma-bob they showed me.

THE
CABIN FILTER, MY ASS!
AARDVARK

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:41 pm

Did the front brakes today. Now I'm glad I put that anti-seize stuff on the bolts all those years ago. Too bad they don't make stuff like that for knee joints. Anyway, brakes don't grind anymore and stopping has never been easier.

THE
REWARD ADVIL
AARDVARK

(used to have a reward beer after jobs like this)