Is it wrong to turn down free money?

News & Cars

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark, pinback

pinback

Re: Is it wrong to turn down free money?

Post by pinback » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:24 am

It's not that he's always, 100% wrong about everything (which he is), it's how CONFIDENT he is when he's doing it. "Now, see here, Android, Java, iOS, Hugo, etc, etc."

Never once does he appear to stop and think, "Huh, I've been wrong about everything I've ever posted, and I never stop to actually check whether I'm anywhere close to being right. Should I... check to see if I'm right? Maybe just this once?" NAAAAH, just plow ahead.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:30 pm

Yeah, he had his foot on the wrong pedal the entire time. Just in case anyone out there reads this years from now, Paul doesn't exactly have his finger on the pulse of modern software development. I am not saying this to be mean, I am saying it in case it saves a future life.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Paul Robinson

Post by Paul Robinson » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:13 pm

As per the comment about C++ I present another opinion.

I agree with a point he made, PHP is a much better language for developing web apps.

Also, he mentioned Ruby on Rails being too much of a niche application. Also, the disaster that was Healthcare.Gov, the media reported this is what they used to develop it.
She said, "Tell me are you a Christian, child?"
I said,"Ma'am, I am tonight!"
- M. Cohn, Walking in Memphis

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:50 pm

There is nothing wrong with Ruby on Rails. The fact that it was used to create healthcare.gov did not make it a disaster. I mean, we're selling past the close here in saying that there is something wrong with it (I have doubts that there was ever anything wrong with it). The problem most likely stemmed from the fact that the government has fundamental problems and creating / contracting software is one of them.

I'm not certain they could have picked a preview image for that C++ video that was more apt then what they got. A smug guy slurping coffee, telling you about C++. They know their audience.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RealNC

Post by RealNC » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:34 am

The less people who know C++, the better. It just means I can charge more.