Hooters Hot Sauce

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Hooters Hot Sauce

Post by pinback »

You can buy it in stores. It is a standard cayenne sauce, but with brown sugar added to give it a darker look and a more rounded flavor with a touch of sweetness. A great "put on anything" sauce, relatively mild, and a good way to introduce a non chile-head to the wonderful world of hot sauces!

Who gives a fuck.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

My bottles of Frank's and Sriracha are running low. If you say this is a good one, I'll add it to the list.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

I much prefer it to Frank's. Sriracha is the untouchable king for some purposes, so I'd never say pick it (or anything else) over it, depending on what you're using it for.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

No, you like Frank's. You like it a lot. I can prove it.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

I'm listening.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Frank's tastes a lot like that firefighter sauce you love so much, and there's an ENTIRE THREAD about that one.

So you gotta like Frank's, too.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I tbought you were gonna go with "Frank's is what they make Buffalo wings out of! Boom! Mic drop!"

What you came up with is a thousand times worse, though, so I'll pretend you went with the wing mic drop.

Good point, Robb, but as a sauce on its own, I believe there are better choices within the genre.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I didn't have a bit planned, I'm sorry to letcha down. I did order some of that Firefighter sauce tonight. I really thought it tasted like a sweet version of Frank's. No? Izzat wrong?

Flack

Post by Flack »

pinback wrote:I much prefer it to Frank's. Sriracha is the untouchable king for some purposes, so I'd never say pick it (or anything else) over it, depending on what you're using it for.
Lube.

Flack

Post by Flack »

pinback wrote:I tbought you were gonna go with "Frank's is what they make Buffalo wings out of! Boom! Mic drop!"

What you came up with is a thousand times worse, though, so I'll pretend you went with the wing mic drop.

Good point, Robb, but as a sauce on its own, I believe there are better choices within the genre.
What is a tbought?

pinback

Post by pinback »

Flack wrote:What is a tbought?
Lube.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I didn't have a bit planned, I'm sorry to letcha down. I did order some of that Firefighter sauce tonight. I really thought it tasted like a sweet version of Frank's. No? Izzat wrong?
Yes, it is wrong. I mean, if you say it's right, then it's right for you, since taste is subjective, but I suspect if you did a side-by-each tasting, you'd say "oh yeah, those don't taste anything like each other. I better go apologize to pinner right away!"

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I don't like Hooters hot sauce. It's got this weird vinegar and something toxic aroma to it. I like vinegar but something in this sauce just smells wrong.

The last time I went to a Hooters I ordered the wings.. got put off by the smell, and managed to eat maybe 2 of the wings. Never went back to a Hooters.

Their burgers are ok but "hey you gotta order fries separate. It comes with beans." FFfffffffff

pinback

Post by pinback »

Jizaboz wrote:I don't like Hooters hot sauce. It's got this weird vinegar and something toxic aroma to it. I like vinegar but something in this sauce just smells wrong.
"Hooters Hot Sauce" is not their wing sauce. If you didn't like the wings, that's fine, but we're talking about a different product here.

(Adding to the confusion, the hot sauce on the table at the Hooters we just went to in Augusta, GA is different from the bottle you can buy in grocery stores.)

Let's be SPECIFIC here, I'm talking about THIS:

http://www.thehotsaucestop.com/hooters- ... hot-sauce/

pinback

Post by pinback »

Well, now there's mass confusion. Hooters may have CHANGED their hot sauce (or changed manufacturers), because the bottle in Augusta is the one that people on Amazon are complaining they are being sent instead of the original one which I've spoken so highly of here.

The new one (which contains Tabasco chiles, and doesn't have the brown sugar) is just Bulliard's with a branded label on it.

This is all very troubling. I will have to investigate further.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Jizaboz wrote:I don't like Hooters
waitresses. They've
Jizaboz wrote:got this weird vinegar and something toxic aroma to
them.
Jizaboz wrote:I like vinegar but something
about this waitress
Jizaboz wrote:just smells wrong.

The last time I went to a Hooters I ordered the wings.. got put off by the smell
of the waitress
Jizaboz wrote:and managed to eat maybe 2 of the
waitresses.
Jizaboz wrote:Never went back to a Hooters.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ah OK Pinback, I had no idea that Hooters even marketed different sauces.

Hahaha Flack. That made me laugh out loud at the office. In all honestly, I generally don't like the waitresses either but they smelled better than the toxic wings.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

You must have gone there in the middle of the month.

THE
DUDE!
AARDVARK

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Bon erppétit.

Tdarcos

Re: Hooters Hot Sauce

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:You can buy it in stores.
To kind of tie into Flack's comment, "Why would you want to buy it in a store? How are you supposed to see the tits on the waitress if you don't go to a Hooters directly to buy it?"
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.