[HOT SAUCE] Heartbreaking Dawn's FERVOR

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

[HOT SAUCE] Heartbreaking Dawn's FERVOR

Post by pinback »

Heartbreaking Dawn's FERVOR

Well, seems every few weeks now someone's cultivated the "world's newest hottest chile". The current record-holder is the "Carolina Reaper", and when a new chile gets that record, it means hot sauce companies are gonna get some so they can throw the name on the bottle and get fans to clamor after it.

"Fervor" is HD's attempt, maybe the first one widely available.

I believe HD has cornered the market on extremely hot sauces that actually taste good. There's no extract to be found, just seriously intense heat, followed by an explosion of chile and fruit flavors.

Fervor is no different. It is definitely not for noobs, but if you can take pretty severe heat, the amount of flavor it imparts, without overwhelming the flavor of the food with any one element, makes it a natural fit for burritos, eggs, making wing sauce, any of your usual hot sauce uses.

Highly recommended, if you can stand it.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

What's the Scoville ranking on it? That's a fairly clear way to get an idea how hot it is.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

pinback

Post by pinback »

This page says "600,000", though there is no way that's remotely close to being accurate, since the sauce that was featured in The Day I Was Almost Killed is listed at like 230,000, and this is nowhere near that.

This page has it at around one million.

This is all horseshit, and they are making these numbers up.

I'd guess around 30,000.

pinback

Post by pinback »

BEN'S FAMOUS "SUPER" "BOWL" FERVOR WINGS

INGREDIENTS
=========
10 wings
3-4 tbsp FERVOR SAUCE
2-3 tbsp BUTTER
Cornstarch
Oil

DIRECTIONS
=========
- Fill large pot with oil to about 2", heat to 350 degrees or whatever.
- Melt butter and sauce together
- Dust wings with cornstarch, shake off excess
- Fry until golden brown
- Toss wings with sauce

ICJ

Post by ICJ »

Can we state how they compare to Buffalo wings? How would you compare them, surely having had both?

pinback

Post by pinback »

ICJ wrote:Can we state how they compare to Buffalo wings? How would you compare them, surely having had both?
These are way better.

Wait, let me be political. I like these way more, mainly because:

1. The heat level is higher than you can get ordering "buffalo wings" anywhere, and I like my wings pretty goddamn extreme.

2. The Fervor sauce also imparts a lot of fruity sweetness and tang which you don't get from normal "buffalo" sauce, and I think it presents a rounder, more complex and enjoyable flavor.

3. Buffalo sucks.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I was with you until you said Buffalo sucks. But then I rarely went there even when I lived an hour away. So I don't think you're correct in saying it sucks.

Wouldn't you like the occasional snow day?

Welcome to the newest show on Jolt Country! Welcome to ASK THE COOK!

Today's cook is none other than Benjamin "Pinback" Parrish. Ben, it's the Super Bowl. You've got buffalo wings on one side and your own recipe on another. Do you run Lynch right away?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Today's cook is none other than Benjamin "Pinback" Parrish. Ben, it's the Super Bowl. You've got buffalo wings on one side and your own recipe on another. Do you run Lynch right away?
I would run Lynch immediately, then collect my Super Bowl ring.

But Darrell Bevell might have a different slant on it.

pinback

Post by pinback »

By the way, India Innes "liked" the above picture on Facebook and said it "looked yummy."

India Innes is a totally hot Scottish chick who is also a professional chef, and was on an episode of the original British "Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares" after which Gordon gave her a job at one of his restaurants, then offered her a full-time position but she turned him down because she didn't want to move to London.

This is the highlight of my cooking career.