The Medialoha

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

The Medialoha

Post by pinback »

I have created the greatest sandwich in all the land!!

It is a Hawaiian Cuban sandwich, or as I call it...

...the MEDIALOHA!

(See, it's a cross between "medianoche", which is basically another word for a Cubano, and "aloha", which... well, you get it.)

It is, essentially, a Cuban sandwich with the roast pork replaced with grilled teriyaki chicken.

INGREDIENTS
---------------
- Cuban bread. Or, if not available, a decent Italian or French hoagie roll.
- Mayo (optional)
- Mustard
- Sliced ham
- Swiss cheese
- Dill pickle chips
- (heated) Grilled teriyaki chicken! (I like the boneless/skinless thighs)

1. Cut the bread/roll in half!
2. Layer one half with mayo (if using) and the other with mustard!
3. Layer the ingredients on the bottom half in this order(*):
A. Pickles.
B. Ham.
C. Chicken.
D. Cheese.
4. Put the sandwich in a sandwich press until toasted on the outside but still fluffy and chewy in the middle. (**)

I give you... the medialoha!

(*) In the picture the ham and chicken are switched. Better I think to put the chicken on top so the cheese can hold it in place.

(**) "But Pinback, I don't HAVE a sandwich press!" Yes you do, you just don't realize it yet. Here is your sandwich press:

1. Heat a large skillet on the stove over medium heat.

2. Get a big bowl or stock pot, and put something heavy in it, like a bottle of vegetable oil, a dictionary, or Tdarcos.

3. Put the sandwich in the skillet, and then put the weighted pot on top of the sandwich.

4. NOW YOU HAVE A SANDWICH PRESS (which, you'll have to flip the sandwich halfway through, but who cares, by that point it's all stuck together and easy to manipulate.)
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Re: The Medialoha

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:2. Get a big bowl or stock pot, and put something heavy in it, like a bottle of vegetable oil, a dictionary, or Tdarcos.
HEY! I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!

I warn people on the Bus to watch their feet when I am making a 180 degree turn to move into the handicapped space, that I and my wheelchair weigh 750 pounds, so you don't want to be close, because in foot vs. wheelchair, foot always loses.

But your sandwich sounds an awful lot like a chicken cheesesteak with ham.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak