I'm making lemonade again.

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

I'm making lemonade again.

Post by pinback »

Look, don't kid yourself. My lemonade is world-class. My lemonade is the best you will ever have. And I'm making it again.

Does it make me a bad person that all I want to do is find some little 8 year old kid selling cups of lemonade on the roadside for 25 cents a go, set up shop right next to him and put the little fucker out of business?

No, I don't think so. It will teach him the basic tenets of capitalism.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Re: I'm making lemonade again.

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:Look, don't kid yourself. My lemonade is world-class. My lemonade is the best you will ever have. And I'm making it again.

Does it make me a bad person that all I want to do is find some little 8 year old kid selling cups of lemonade on the roadside for 25 cents a go, set up shop right next to him and put the little fucker out of business?

25c seems low. How much do lemons, sugar and styrofoam cups cost these days?

Summer of 1969 I was running a lemonade stand in front of a dry cleaners in Sacramento, California (I got permission to put my stand up in front of their store). I would have been 8 years old then. I sold it for I think it was either 5 or 10c a cup. Only did it one day, but after I covered the expenses, I think I made $20, which is pretty damn good for an 8-year-old in 1969.

With the typical bottle of not very good commercial processed lemonade selling for $1.50, these days I think anyone can reasonably expect to get 50c for a really good cup of fresh lemonade.

Don't sell yourself short.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote:
pinback wrote:Look, don't kid yourself. My lemonade is world-class. My lemonade is the best you will ever have. And I'm making it again.

25c seems low. How much do lemons, sugar and styrofoam cups cost these days?

Summer of 1969 I was running a lemonade stand in front of a dry cleaners in Sacramento, California (I got permission to put my stand up in front of their store). I would have been 8 years old then. I sold it for I think it was either 5 or 10c a cup. Only did it one day, but after I covered the expenses, I think I made $20, which is pretty damn good for an 8-year-old in 1969.

With the typical bottle of not very good commercial processed lemonade selling for $1.50, these days I think anyone can reasonably expect to get 50c for a really good cup of fresh lemonade.

Don't sell yourself short.
Wow, somehow you managed to misunderstand my entire post. What a complete shock of a surprise!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ever run lemonade through a SodaStream? I got the 'flavor essence' bottle and it tastes rather like a chemical experiment. Was wondering if real lemonade would benefit from carbonation.

THE
FIZZY
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote:Ever run lemonade through a SodaStream? I got the 'flavor essence' bottle and it tastes rather like a chemical experiment. Was wondering if real lemonade would benefit from carbonation.

THE
FIZZY
AARDVARK
I feel like lemonade is one of those things, along with a very few other beverages, like vodka, that is best left alone in its purest state. I understand if you'd like to experiment, but fresh lemonade (preferably made by me, who is the greatest lemonade maker in North America) is one of my top five favorite drinks.

NOOOO, vodka is not the other four.

(Not ALL of the other four.)

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Tdarcos wrote:25c seems low. How much do lemons, sugar and styrofoam cups cost these days?
$0.11 for the whole shibob. Pinback would still net a profit.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

pinback wrote:NOOOO, vodka is not the other four.

(Not ALL of the other four.)
1. Lemonade
2. Cherry cola
3. Vodka
4. Gin
5. Rum

How did I do?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Taco Bell used to have pretty good lemonade. Now they don't sell lemonade. Instead they sell iced tea, and a 50/50 half iced tea/half lemonade. I asked the girl where they get the lemonade to mix with the tea and she just stood there.

My favorite lemonade is Minute Maid light lemonade with strawberry added. I only drink it as a substitute to Pinback's because it is not available in most restaurants across America.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

Lemonade
Grape Soda
Iced Tea (unsweetened)
Root Beer
Vodka (chilled)

Not necessarily in that order.

pinback

Post by pinback »

pinback wrote:Lemonade
Grape Soda
Iced Tea (unsweetened)
Root Beer
Vodka (chilled)

Not necessarily in that order.
Okay, new list:

- Unsweetened iced tea with a Crystal Light lemonade packet in it
- Grape Crystal Light ENERGY (w/caffeine!)
- Diet Rite cola
- A&W Root Beer in a frosty mug
- Danny Cash Bottled Up Anger hot sauce.