German Potato Salad

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

German Potato Salad

Post by Tdarcos »

There's a canned German Potato Salad at the dollar store I bought and ate a few weeks ago. I can't remember its name because either I only bought one can or I bought two and actually ate both.

But I opened the can and guess what, the base holding the potatoes is the thickness of water! I don't know about you, but potato salad consists of potatos in a base that's only a tiny bit less than at least the consistency of tomato paste, toothpaste or peanut butter.

A potato product with a base the thickness of water is not potato salad, it's potato soup. I mean, even condensed cream of mushroom soup - which is about what the thickness of the base of potato salad is supposed to be - is thicker than this stuff!
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Jesus, it's like the canned foodstuffs at the dollar store <i>AREN'T</i> the highest of quality! Has the world finally gone <b>MAD</b>???

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Interesting. My wife makes a version of German potato salad using a vinegar/sugar/oil base. The finished product, besides being totally delicious, sounds like what you are describing. I have had the 'stew base' kind as well and find that to be very nice. never had Dollar Store food, would it not be better to hit up the dollar store menu at McD's.

THE
NOTHING TO LOSE
AARDVARK