Domino's Pizza Tracker

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Domino's Pizza Tracker

Post by pinback »

Anyone ever order online from Domino's? Yeees, they suck, yeees, just go to the local pizzeria or make your own, blah blah. Once you get past all that, please answer the question.

Because there's a thing on there called the Pizza Tracker and it's the greatest thing America has ever come up with.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Sounds like a reality show.

I don't remember the last time I had a pah delivered, much less tracked. They make it for me and I go get it, stopping long enough to buy cold beer on the way.

THE
COME GET SOME
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Support a local franchise, etc, etc, etc

Yeah, so I figured out that they will bring pie to the house for nine dollars. Before my MONTH OF HEALTH I was doing this. I added dominos.com to my HOSTS file to stop myself from doing this.

They were the only ones to get the pepperoni crispy.

Their pizza tracker meant that I knew when it was time to find pants. It's pretty awesome.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Their pizza tracker meant that I knew when it was time to find pants. It's pretty awesome.
Did you try the different THEMES, Jonsey? The THEMES!!!!

lethargic

Post by lethargic »

We don't have a Dominoes anymore. All we have is Pizza Hut and Papa Johns. Everything else has gone out of business. I miss them with all my heart.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Used to, but not anymore. Dominoes doesn't deliver to the new house. If we want delivery, we have to use Pizza Hut. If we want cheap pizza, there's a Little Caesar's just down the street. Then there are half a dozen decent pizzarias and Italian places around here that you have to drive past to get to Dominoes. Oh well.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Their pizza tracker meant that I knew when it was time to find pants. It's pretty awesome.
Did you try the different THEMES, Jonsey? The THEMES!!!!
I did not. Is there a Go Go Hot Chicks theme?

I really feel awful for ordering from Domino's because unlike the rest of you people*, I have been to the promised land. I have tasted good pie.

God, sometimes I just want three slices for $9 so I can throw the rest in the garbage.

* Just kidding, you have all either had NY, Rochester or Chicago pie I ASSUME. I'm hoping lethargic has experienced this. If not, we ARE ordering you some Chicago pie, to be delivered to your home.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I really feel awful for ordering from Domino's because unlike the rest of you people*, I have been to the promised land. I have tasted good pie.
I don't care where that asterisk goes, you are a smug prick.

lethargic

Post by lethargic »

Things I hate...

1. Deep dish pizza. Chicago pizza = lasagna soup.

2. Calling pizza pie. It's a pizza. A pie has lemon or apples in it, not sausage.

3. Any region that thinks it's food is better than anywhere else. New York pizza, Chicago pizza, Philly cheese steaks, Austin BBQ, etc. Screw ya'll, I'm going to Taco Bell.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Lethargic is an angry, angry man.

(Who has apparently never actually seen/tasted a Chicago deep dish pie.)

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I think there are some regional foods that are better than similar foods elsewhere in the country. New Orleans is the place to go for stuff like gumbo and that crazy creole food. Really authentic Mexican is best found closer to...er Mexico, where the most authentic Mexicans are (I would imagine,anyway).
Upstate is where the pizza snobs, like me, live, thus the best pah is found here. I always wanted to be a self-proclaimed pizza foodie and look down my nose at the rest of the world. God knows it ain't happening with Tahou's or Mark's Texas hots...

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

AArdvark wrote: Really authentic Mexican is best found closer to...er Mexico, where the most authentic Mexicans are (I would imagine,anyway).
Or in a place with a high population of immigrants. My general rule is if I go in to check out a Mexican restaurant and there are no Mexicans eating there.. I turn around and leave.

lethargic

Post by lethargic »

Authentic food. Yeeeuuuuck. I'll stick with tacos with Doritos powder tossed on em. USA! USA! USA!

Flack

Post by Flack »

lethargic

Post by lethargic »

I miss when games only cost $350 to make so they made games out of anything. I would love a $200 million AAA Noid FPS RPG.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

AArdvark wrote: Really authentic Mexican is best found closer to...er Mexico, where the most authentic Mexicans are (I would imagine,anyway).
When I lived in San Diego, I was close enough to the border that my friends and I would take turns going into Mexico and bringing back lunch. Now living in Northern California, my new mission is to just find the "best of the worst" mexican food in the area.

This constitutes going to many hole in the wall restaurants in random parts of San Francisco and avoiding Chipotle like the plague.
Jizaboz wrote:Or in a place with a high population of immigrants. My general rule is if I go in to check out a Mexican restaurant and there are no Mexicans eating there.. I turn around and leave.
Whenever I'm in someplace such as Little Italy or Chinatown, my rule is that if there are white people eating at a restaurant, I pass and keep looking.

pinback

Post by pinback »

RetroRomper wrote:Whenever I'm in someplace such as Little Italy ... my rule is that if there are white people eating at a restaurant, I pass and keep looking.
Yeah, skip the ones with white people, look for the ones with Italians.

(????)

Ice Cream Jonsey

Man, you guys hate chipotle.

Pinner asked me if there was a place to get a burrito in Thornton. I said no, but maybe Chipotle? He replied, "UGH."

When my girl picked me up later that day, we did not take the highway. There are two burrito places I never knew about before that are definitely not chains. I will be reviewing those places shortly.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Chipotle is the McDonald's of the large burrito world, and for good reason -- for almost a decade, McDonald's was their primary financial investor.

pinback

Post by pinback »

While I was up there, I finally relented and had a Chiptole burrito (white rice/black beans/carnitas).

I am somewhere but not completely embarrassed to report:

It was friggin' delicious. DELICIOUS, goddammit.