The Final Month of Health Thread. 6/8 - 7/8

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

The Final Month of Health Thread. 6/8 - 7/8

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

If I do not have a month of health then I am saying to all of you that it is OK if I perish. I'm a wreck, fellas! Well, I am headed that way.

Day one - Saturday June 8th, 2013

I started off with two cups of coffee. I am going to take fish oil, a vitamin and a vitamin B supplement. (I take that every day already.)

I have a wedding to go to, some friends of Melissa. Typically weddings have lots of rich foods, but you're around strangers and dressed nicely, so you don't want to make a mess of yourself. (Though at gsdgsd's wedding, the food was fucking amazing and I got a lot of it on my white dress shirt. God. GOD. Good wedding though, Greg.)

So I am just going to take this one day at a time. I am going to respond to Paul's post on Caltrops. I am going to lift a few weights this morning and I am going to go for a 5K walk around my neighborhood, to be the opener for jogging it as much as possible. One day at a time, though. One day at a time.

But this really is my last chance!!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yesterday was OK. I attended that BBQ and managed to just keep it to a single burger, some potato salad and a S'mores. (I had never had a S'mores before's.)

We didn't really do dinner - we had some peppers and hummus. I am GLAD I avoided the large meal at the end of the night.

Today, we had breakfast at a breakfast place called Snooz. I got a BLT.

I will say this thread helped in the following way - I could have destroyed some food that is terrible for me on this Sunday, but I did not.

It's a beautiful day out. I've been in and out tidying up, but I am gonna take another long walk. I am supposed to go on a four-mile run on Wednesday.

gsdgsd

Post by gsdgsd »

Glad the food was good. I honestly don't remember what we served, other than whiskey and tequila.

What's the ultimate goal of this month of health? Lose x amount of pounds? Add luster to your skin? Something else?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Great question. I've been oiling up fairly regularly, so the skin thing is a box I can check off. [X] Done!

Like the old PC game Flightmare, the goals are many and the survivors are few : I think what I really want to do is engage in regular exercise for one month straight. So far, so good. I would like to be able to run five miles straight at the end of this little venture. I have never been able to do that. I feel that by running that distance every day, the other problems I have will take care of themselves.

I guess tangentially, I would like to fit well into all my clothes that I own and be able to move arcade games up and down the stairs without it being such an effort, haha.

I also want to dance at Chuck Pagano's daughter's wedding. Now, that involves a lot more than just me getting in shape - I have to identify this woman, get to know her or her family and then seem important enough to get an invite. I may not be able to strictly accomplish that in one month, though.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I've found that the easiest way to be in better health is to just stop drinking coke (or any other soft drinks.) Keep it to water. With only that (I didn't change my other food habits at all) I lost 20 pounds in about 3 months.

But maybe I was drinking waaay more coke and sprite than you, so not sure how helpful that would be in your case :-P

Ice Cream Jonsey

I've maintained the same weight for two months.

I got serious again (really sick of HERP DERP STARTING IT UP AGAIN) last week.

Annnd just checked and I gained six pounds. I realize it is because I did not get a good night's sleep last night and I just had supper and all this other stuff, but Christ.

LOVE IT.

Curt Schilling had a heart attack at 44. And he was a world class athlete. Christ.

lethargic

Post by lethargic »

Curt Schilling lost every penny he had and went bankrupt. I think that would give the most healthy man in the world a heart attack.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I think what I really want to do is engage in regular exercise for one month straight. So far, so good.
Good to hear this and the fact your hitting four miles at a stretch! Well done! In my corner, I've been hitting the gym three days a week and the bicycle trainer three as well with the intention of integrating yoga another three days a week shortly.

Were trying, but I'm also glad to that you have succeeded!