Pepper II

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

bruce

Pepper II

Post by bruce »

The MAME version of this is kind of too fast (which seems to be a common theme with their Exidy games), but I just whipped out the Colecovision and played to 214000 points.

Pepper II is a GREAT friggin' maze game.

Adam

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Pepper II

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I wish that Bruce was still here so I could ask him why.

There is one at Hyperspace.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

bruce wrote: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:34 pm The MAME version of this is kind of too fast (which seems to be a common theme with their Exidy games), but I just whipped out the Colecovision and played to 214000 points.

Pepper II is a GREAT friggin' maze game.

Adam
I have not looked at MAME in years, but, I would assume, one of the most significant setting it has is how far down to slow the emulator to match original processor speeds. I mean, the processors of those arcade games were like what, z-80 at 2mhz? While the average desktop PC is running 3ghz? I mean, a typical Raspberry PI is a quad-core .9 ghz Arm processor, or roughly 800 times the speed of one of those original game cabinets.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I have played Pepper II using MAME on a Raspberry Pi and can confirm that it plays at roughly 800 times the speed of an original cabinet.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Huh really? I play it pretty often on the ArPiCade thing and never noticed the speed but it's been a while since I've been to my buddy's basement arcade that owns the real thing to compare.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

Flack is making fun of Paul, Jiz.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Oh. OHHHH haha! Now I see. Bruce's original statement of "The MAME version of this is kind of too fast" totally threw me off there.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:46 am I have played Pepper II using MAME on a Raspberry Pi and can confirm that it plays at roughly 800 times the speed of an original cabinet.
You're failing to adjust the flux capacitor.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.