'80s computers disposal

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Roody_Yogurt

'80s computers disposal

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

Now that computer emulators are pretty decent and it's pretty easy to find all the games you owned in the first place, I'm finally able to part with my commodore 64 and apple iigs (yeah, I know it's pretty dorky that nostalgia has let me keep them this long... and it's even dorkier that over the years, I've bought stuff over the net and at used game shops just to keep the option of playing games open). The thing is, they still work (I believe) and want to know if anyone knows of some sort of 'humane' way to dispose of these things. I'd consider mailing them to some absolute stranger, but I figure packing would be annoying and shipping would cost more than it's worth. And pretty much none of the hardware or game documentation is in good enough shape for a collector (and I'll probably keep some of the better game documentation for myself, anyways).

bruce

Re: '80s computers disposal

Post by bruce »

Roody_Yogurt wrote: The thing is, they still work (I believe) and want to know if anyone knows of some sort of 'humane' way to dispose of these things.
I want them. Especially the GS because I don't have one.

Please find out how much shipping would be. And then figure out how much your handling annoyance is worth. And then tell me, and I'll tell you if I'm up for it.

Bruce

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

Alright, I'll hook everything up tomorrow to see what's still working and what isn't and make a list.

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

And I apologise because I gave my entire Infocom collection, including the apple version of Fooblitzky, to Stephen Granade.

bruce

Post by bruce »

Roody_Yogurt wrote:And I apologise because I gave my entire Infocom collection, including the apple version of Fooblitzky, to Stephen Granade.
That's OK. Stephen's a good guy. It's not like you gave them to Jacek Pudlo.

Bruce