Foods I Could Eat Every Day

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Foods I Could Eat Every Day

Post by pinback »

In keeping with the end of the latest Golden Age, I'll start this thread, a pointless, deadly dull funeral dirge of content that nobody could possibly care about even if you paid them to read it by the ASCII character.

In this thread I will list for you all of the foods that I think I could eat happily every single day. Of course, if I wasn't fortunate enough to have a wide variety of foods to choose from, and I just had to eat whatever's around, then of course I'm gonna be happy eating whatever I got every day. You know what I mean, though. Stop trying to ruin this terrible thread.

FOOD I COULD EAT EVERY DAY #1: Pho

Pho, that staple of Vietnamese cuisine. A most delectable combination of aromatic broth, rice noodles, meats and herbs which just seems to provide a new flavor with every bite. There is no greater anticipation than that which you feel when a boiling-hot steaming bowl is shoved underneath your face. Tear in some basil leaves, squeeze in a little lime, and go to town. There's no "correct" way to eat it, but if you don't end up with broth and crap all over your face and the table you're sitting at, having made disgusting slurping noises all the while, then you have definitely done something wrong!

Pho. More than any other food on this list, I could eat it every single day and never get bored. Grab some today!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Are we going to have a huge problem because I don't like pho? Let me know now what to expect.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Are we going to have a huge problem because I don't like pho?
Yes, we are going to have a tremendous problem. I do not understand how this is possible.

Now, the closest genuine pho place to you is about a 45 minute drive on the complete other side of Denver, so all I can figure is that you've never had decent pho or you're eating it wrong or something. Are you putting pizza sauce in it? ARE YOU?

I do not see how it is possible to dislike pho, but I am an angry man, so I will staunch the flow of anger for a moment and listen -- just listen -- while you tell me what it is about this dish which offends you so.

I shall now commence listening. (Angrily.)

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I had pho once, possibly twice. The first time I had it was in Englewood, Colorado. Englewood, Colorado is the worst fucking city I have ever set foot in in my entire life. I honestly despise no place on earth as much as Englewood. So it doesn't surprise me that the pho wasn't good there. Every fucking person I've encountered in Englewood, except for the few I work with, has proven to be a miserable waste of human life, so perhaps expecting good pho is foolish.

I think I had pho at the Vietnamese restaurant nearby our home? I don't remember?

You find me this place to get authetnic PHO. And I will do so. You know that I am a liker - one who likes stuff. I'm more than happy to try it again, because I am the sort of man who should enjoy wrapping his lips around slow cooked bee-WAITASEC
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

There is a street in the Denver area called "Federal". There is a section of Federal about eight blocks long, just on the southwest side of Denver proper.

Along this stretch, you will find at least 10 pho restaurants littering each side of the street. They have very descriptive names, like:

Pho 75
Pho 99
Pho So 1
Pho 62
Pho 999

My advice is pick whatever number feels right that day, like you were playing the lottery. They are guaranteed to all be very good, because that stretch of road is lousy with VC.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Alright, hopefully we'll have a little less controversy with this one.

FOOD I COULD EAT EVERY DAY #2: Double Cheeseburger

It goes without saying that just because one could eat a food every day, doesn't mean one necessarily should. This probably falls into that category.

Specifically here I am talking about the generally fast-food variety of double cheeseburger, exemplified by such West Coast staples as the In-n-Out Double-Double (pictured), The Habit Double Char w/Cheese, and the Double Cheeseburger at Big Jo's at 1955 Broadway in Santa Monica.

There is a little leeway with the ingredients, but generally to be considered for this category, you must have a hamburger bun (not a kaiser roll), and betwixt the bun one should find two thin burger patties, each topped with a slice of American cheese. This is the key, as the cheese should basically liquefy, and mix with the thin patties into a large wad of beefy, cheesy goo, imparted with that faint sour tang that only melted American cheese can offer.

If this were it, it would be too heavy to have each day, but when accompanied by lettuce, tomato, some sort of pickle item, and some variety of tangy sauce (thousand island, or a mayo/mustard mix), the taste and textures are fully rounded out to provide a giant, sumptuous, cholesterol-laden explosion of flavor in your omnivorous hole.

It is also the most colorful item on the list, featuring vibrant whites, greens and reds, shimmering yellows, and two shades of earthy brown, it seems to blossom like a beautiful, greasy, oozing flower!

An edible flower, that I could eat every day. And that is why Double Cheeseburger is the 34th best game of all time.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

There has GOT to be a photo of Nick's in this thread.

THE
SUDDENLY HUNGRY
AARDVARK

(edit: can you believe I forgot the word aardvark at the end of the sig and had to come back here and do it right?)

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown »

Well thank you, thanks toBens disgusting picture I can never eat a double cheesburger again. Please visit a California Pizzeria so I can be off pizza as well.

BTW, I think pho is a staple of Irish cusine. Boiled ham and cabbage. Too bad finsternis isnt here to tell us all the delicious things he has inhaled on the way 400 large.
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote:There has GOT to be a photo of Nick's in this thread.
There is NOT a photo of Nick's in this thread.

THE
NAME OF THE PERSON WHO SUCKS AT POSTING IMAGES IS
AARDVARK

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Don't be upset. If you want, I can mail a plate to you.

THE
EVERYBODY WANTS SOME
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

pinback wrote:Big Jo's at 1955 Broadway in Santa Monica.

Knuckles the CLown

I am sorry to say, but west of Chicago there is not one decent restaurant in the country. Sorry pal.
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

is Big Jo's the kind of place where one would go after closing down a bar?

THE
GO FER BREAKFAST
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

Big Jo's is the kind of place you go for lunch, stand in line waiting your turn to place your order with Big Jo, who is a petite, delicate-looking Korean woman, then shortly thereafter receive a paper bag full of grease.

Not to be missed!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Knuckles the CLown wrote:I am sorry to say, but west of Chicago there is not one decent restaurant in the country. Sorry pal.
I wish Finsternis were here. He'd tell you to show proof of your assertion!!!!!!

bruce

Post by bruce »

pinback wrote: the In-n-Out Double-Double (pictured)
God DAMN you.

I don't want to live in LA. Never have. I fucking HATE it there.

But, god damn it, I'm having an INTENSE craving for some HOT BEEF IN-N-....wait.

Bruce

Knuckles the CLown

pinback wrote:
Knuckles the CLown wrote:I am sorry to say, but west of Chicago there is not one decent restaurant in the country. Sorry pal.
I wish Finsternis were here. He'd tell you to show proof of your assertion!!!!!!
well im sure the proof is in the pudding that blubber whale sucks down every night.

CO

Post by CO »

AArdvark wrote:Don't be upset. If you want, I can mail a plate to you.

THE
EVERYBODY WANTS SOME
AARDVARK
Vark, I can pay you anything for your trouble of sending me 2 things: 1) a generous portion of hamburger hot sauce from Marks or Nicks. 2) a cake from phillips european. I'm serious, let me know how much I could pay you for your trouble.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Funny, I happen to have two (2) jars of Coach Tony's hot sauce in my pantry right now. I could certainly wrap one up and ship it anywhere in the continental USA.

Coach Tony's, as you know, is what Nick's...er..Stevie T's uses exclusively on their plates.

Would you prefer hot or mild? Please PM me with an address and I'll have it in the mail by the weekend.

THE
NEITHER
DARK OF NIGHT
OR RAIN OR HAIL
AARDVARK