Post your PICOROIDS high scores here!

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Re: Post your PICOROIDS high scores here!

Post by pinback »

Also the secret asteroid is getting a major score bump, and is now going to become an important part of all of our lives.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:36 pm NI would like a special mode for me that quits and restarts the the if you die with less than 100 points
You want to restart the "the" if you have a low score? What is the "the"? Where is the "the"? I don't see any "the" on the screen. Has anyone else seen the "the"? I'm not sure where the "the" is.

- - - -
"What ain't no country I ever heard of! Do they speak English in What?"
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

=(
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

=(

Flack

Post by Flack »

There are half a dozen posts on this forum where people have offered to send Paul things to improve his quality of life. He has ignored all of them, and focused on this.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

Alright, the new version is up!

Along with the excellent fixes Flack found/suggested, here are the major changes:

1. COVID-19!!! This most dastardly alien threat may still have some bugs attached, but if you wear your mask, you should be okay.

2. The secret asteroid is now, along with a free phase, worth 250 points, making the harvesting of these beauties more crucial to your plan than ever.

With those 250 pointers available, and COVID-19's 100 points, along with the fact that he's not THAT dangerous (IN THE GAME, I mean), should make it easier to get to those thousand-marks, get your free ships, and give these asteroids WHAT-FER.

Other than tweaking COVID-19, and various visual/balance enhancements and bug fixes, I had nothing else planned for this. So I now consider the game in EARLY ACCESS/BETA. Keep that feedback coming, if you want to!

Thanks everyone!

http://pinback.net/picoroids.html

pinback

Post by pinback »

KNOWN BUGS
- COVID-19's shots will only blow up asteroids if you, the player, are also alive.
- COVID-19 can appear after you've already died

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

2836 now. I can't believe I thought the phase update was going to be the game changer. Covid-19 and her potentially hundreds of extra points per wave have made the much bigger difference for me. I wonder, though, was it intended for her to show up as much as she does? I've counted as many as 5 appearances in a single wave. I'm certainly not complaining since she's almost single-handedly got me knocking on the door of 3000, but I was surprised by how quickly you can rack up points now.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:15 pm What is shrapnel again?
I'm not sure. Like John McClane in Die Hard 2, I think it's either "the shit in your brains or the lead in your ass!"
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

pinback

Post by pinback »

bryanb wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:54 pm 2836 now. I can't believe I thought the phase update was going to be the game changer. Covid-19 and her potentially hundreds of extra points per wave have made the much bigger difference for me. I wonder, though, was it intended for her to show up as much as she does? I've counted as many as 5 appearances in a single wave. I'm certainly not complaining since she's almost single-handedly got me knocking on the door of 3000, but I was surprised by how quickly you can rack up points now.
There will probably be tweaking to this, but yes, while Covid-19 is an "enemy", its purpose here was not to present more of an opportunity than a challenge. It's time COVID-19 gives back some of what it's taken from us this year!

But I will probably tweak the timings, I agree it's too much. And while she won't show up right at the end of the wave, I suppose you can still "farm" them after a while.

Thanks for your feedback!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Alright, COVID timing has been tweaked, the known bugs have been dealt with (I think), and I've added a pause on the game over screen so you don't accidentally restart.

Keep that feedback comin'!

pinback

Post by pinback »

6493!

pinback

Post by pinback »

New version is up, just has a few visual tweaks, and a fancy new (incomplete) splash/rotating attract screen.

Oh, also, the name changed, because 1) some dude already did a "picoroids", and 2) Flack said it in IRC accidentally and it's the best thing I ever heard:

http://pinback.net/pinneroids.html

A couple notes:

1. The game part itself is DONE, so if this project interests you, please bang on it to find bugs/provide feedback. No major things are likely to be added any time soon, I think the bones are solid here, so we're purely in polish/bugfix mode at this point.

2. If your name is not on the "SPECIAL THANKS" attract screen, and you feel slighted, let me know. A lot of people have provided helpful feedback and encouragement, and while I can't fit everyone due to the screen size limitations, if I missed an obvious one, I apologize.

TO DO:
-----
- Fix any reported bugs/quality of life things.
- Add score sheet/instruction page to the attract rotation.

Then we package it up and get it out to the fans!

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

3373 is my new high score in Pinneroids. Baby steps, but it feels good to finally cross that 3000 barrier. I'm currently reworking my strategy to focus more on marksmanship and less on burst firing. Every space bullet/missile is sacred!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Less than 1000 on a mobile device lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

Please do not play PINNEROIDS on a mobile device, thank you.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Alright, the full splash/attract screens are there, including a score sheet and some extra info. The version in the lower-right is 0.97.

This is IT. I have nothing left to do with it, so we're now completely in test mode for the whole thing. Well, there's some packaging art left to do, but I know someone on this BBS is pretty good at getting banners done, so I'll just hit him up for a favor.

http://pinback.net/pinneroids.html

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Thank you for keeping the link to picoroids.html in sync - that's the one I tweeted out which is still getting likes and plays by people.

This is a huge triumph and what I hoped for when I made "Jolt Country Games Development," the base, all those years ago.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

All glory to Jesus Christ.

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

I did get up to 5520 a few days ago, but I haven't been playing much lately since it didn't feel right to try to unseat the champ when he wasn't around to defend himself. It's on now though. In fact, it's never been on more than it is right now.