Fennel and seafood go perfectly together, and this is a great way to clean out the freezer of frozen seafood, but fresh is best! Be sure to have a lot of crusty French bread around for dipping, arguably the best part.
BEN'S FAMOUS SEAFOOD & FENNEL STEW
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 lbs of your favorite fish/seafood, diced into 1" pieces where appropriate
1 large fennel bulb, sliced, fronds reserved and chopped
1 large onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 russet potato, peeled, 1/2" dice.
1 15oz can unsalted diced tomatoes (with juice)
2 cups seafood stock
1 8oz bottle clam juice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 tbsp ground fennel seed (optional)
1/2 tsp Tabasco (optional)
1. Melt butter in EVOO over medium-high heat.
2. Add fennel and onion, season with S/P, saute until vegetables are soft and have released their moisture.
3. Add garlic and ground fennel (if using), saute another minute.
4. Stir in tomatoes, bring to simmer.
5. Stir in stock, clam juice and wine, bring back to simmer.
6. Add potatoes, bring back to simmer, simmer uncovered 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
7. Add seafood, bring back to simmer, simmer 5 minutes until seafood is cooked through.
8. Stir in Tabasco (if using) and fennel fronds, season to taste.
9. Serve with aforementioned crusty French bread, and BATHE IN THE DELICIOUSNESS.
Arcade Games & Cooking.
1 post • Page 1 of 1