The ATARI Jaguar

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

The ATARI Jaguar

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I bought mine maybe 21 years ago. Carried it from NY to Colorado. Had it in a sealed bag most of the time.

Finally got a game and a video cable, realized the power supply was wrong.

Got the right power supply.

Turned on TEMPEST. Didn't boot, red screen of death.
Turned on SYNDICATE. Worked!
Turned on TEMPEST. Didn't boot, red screen of death.
Turned on SYNDICATE to confirm. Didn't booth, red screen of death.

Sigh!!!!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Re: The ATARI Jaguar

Post by Jizaboz »

Is this your way of telling me you want me to repair your Jaguar? Because I can probably repair your Jaguar.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I actually have another friend that needs some Jaguar work btw. Happy to replace all the capacitors for you!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Yeah, I've heard these things just break left and right. When getting one from ebay, the odds of it working are like 5:1 against you. With the CD add-on, it's more like 100:1.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:20 pm Is this your way of telling me you want me to repair your Jaguar? Because I can probably repair your Jaguar.
I had no idea you did this sort of thing!

(Jizaboz and I have since had a discussion about how there are some cleaning techniques to try before any caps get changed out.)

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

RealNC wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:56 pm Yeah, I've heard these things just break left and right. When getting one from ebay, the odds of it working are like 5:1 against you. With the CD add-on, it's more like 100:1.
100 percent CORRECT sir on the CD-ROM attachment. The Sega Saturn also had a rather flakey expansion cartridge slot despite being one of the coolest consoles ever made. I’ve got another friend with cart issues that seem random and the CD-ROM toilet attachment refuses to work.

What I’m hoping here for ICJ is that he doesn’t have I/O issues with the actual board aside from dirt or perhaps a minor component on the board.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

I'm having shit luck with Atari lately. I started a thread on AtariAge regarding the Satandisk I've got that has never worked. Nobody seems to have any idea what's wrong with it.

The Jag, yeah, I'll clean some contacts but I don't hold out much hope for that either. Working Jaguars are going for crazy money on eBay.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I've never played a Jaguar game on a real, physical Jaguar. I'm looking forward for this repair to take place and seeing the fruits of that labor.

Jolt Country -- bringing people together since... well, this thread.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."