Can someone recommend me a hot sauce?

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Can someone recommend me a hot sauce?

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Here is what I am looking for:

1) I want to buy it off the Internet. I like getting stuff in the mail.
2) I am OK with the Firefighters sauce, the Billy Mitchell thing and the Danny Cash stuff. I am hoping for something I have not used before.
3) My goal is to have it with chicken and/or pickles and/or rice. I am going to try to eat a little better for 2019. I may screw it up, but whatever.

I guess I am looking for something that is a little hotter than what I normally get, but not "singe your face off with a drop" hot. I would like to push a splash of it in some chicken and rice and give it a little kick. There's stuff at work near the automation machines and that is cool, but I think you guys can really set me on a good path if you have a sec to make a recommendation.

Thank you!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Re: Can someone recommend me a hot sauce?

Post by Tdarcos »

What's wrong with Tabasco?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Sriracha is pretty darn good, you should give that a try.

JC ADMIN

Post by JC ADMIN »

Tabasco and Siracha. Am I saying that right? TAB - AS- CO? Whoa, doing some checking and searching, it seems like those two have really taken the market by storm! Amazing! You'd think they'd be more popular based on market share.

Have you guys also heard of this new thing called Frank's? I think we're onto something here!!!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

JC ADMIN wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:42 amSiracha. Am I saying that right?
Well, there are two r's in Sriracha so no.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Billy Mays wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:53 pm
JC ADMIN wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:42 amSiracha. Am I saying that right?
Well, there are two r's in Sriracha so no.
Turns out the first r is silent so I'm going to have to give you this one.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Billy Mays wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:44 pm Turns out the first r is silent so I'm going to have to give you this one.
Not unusual, just like the "w" in Wrangler, the "e" in break, or the entire sentence to a six-year-old in "Tommy, it's time for your bath."
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:08 pm Here is what I am looking for:

1) I want to buy it off the Internet. I like getting stuff in the mail.
2) I am OK with the Firefighters sauce, the Billy Mitchell thing and the Danny Cash stuff. I am hoping for something I have not used before.
3) My goal is to have it with chicken and/or pickles and/or rice. I am going to try to eat a little better for 2019. I may screw it up, but whatever.

I guess I am looking for something that is a little hotter than what I normally get, but not "singe your face off with a drop" hot. I would like to push a splash of it in some chicken and rice and give it a little kick. There's stuff at work near the automation machines and that is cool, but I think you guys can really set me on a good path if you have a sec to make a recommendation.

Thank you!
This one here looks pretty good http://www.wildpepper.com/ralphs-righte ... ero-sauce/ for the price.

I haven't tried it but the ingredients are very much like what I use to make home made habenero sauce which I really like. Hotter than japepeno-based hot sauce but not burn-yr-face-off-hot like you say.

I really liked that green sauce Pinback made! Wish I could get some more of that..
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:05 pm I really liked that green sauce Pinback made! Wish I could get some more of that..
Jiz, trust me, you do not want to know where that green sauce came from!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Where's Ben been? This seems like it's right up his alley.

THE
BIG BEN BEEN
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

The SpicyKat green sauce that everyone liked was inspired by this (far superior) sauce, which is as good a recommendation as any:

http://davezfoodz.com/?product=la-diosa-verde

I have other thoughts on the matter, but I need to re-energize.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:52 pm ?product=la-diosa-verde

I have other thoughts on the matter, but I need to re-energize.
Tho misquote Ricky Martin, I can understand why you're tired. You've been "living La Diosa Verde."

pinback

Post by pinback »

Because we have a child with more special needs than there are atoms in the universe, we are at Cincinnati Children's Hospital at least twice a week.

In their cafeteria, there is a container of little hot sauce packets you can grab. They say "Hot Sauce" on them. Every time I go there, I grab a packet or two and slurp 'em down. It's my gift to myself for being such a great dad.

It is obviously repackaged Texas Pete, but I prefer to think that Cincinnati Children's has a whole side operation where they make delicious hot sauce for all the dads who have to cart their jacked up kids into that place every 72 hours.

I recommend Cincinnati Children's Hospital Hot Sauce. Ask for it by name! ("Hot Sauce")

gsdgsd

Post by gsdgsd »

Gilberto's Gourmet Goodness Habanero Garlic sauce. It's made out there (Fort Collins, I think?) and should be available at King Soopers. It's good enough that I have my parents bring out a few bottles whenever they visit.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:08 pmnot "singe your face off with a drop" hot.
I need to find out what the deal is with those. Their labels are either like Cannibal Corpse covers, or images of nuclear holocaust.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Gilberto's Gourmet Goodness
Gilberto's is repackaged Danny Cash. Which admittedly means it's great, but ICJ lives within a half-hour drive of actual Danny Cash, so might as well buy the actual product. Gilberto's is actually how I found out about Danny Cash. I said, man, this stuff is the best sauce ever! And they said, we agree, that's why we buy it and slap our label on it.

Pathetic.

pinback

Post by pinback »

RealNC wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:09 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:08 pmnot "singe your face off with a drop" hot.
I need to find out what the deal is with those. Their labels are either like Cannibal Corpse covers, or images of nuclear holocaust.
There are two kinds of ultra-hot sauces.

1. Sauces that contain capsaicin extract, a substance which offers extreme heat, an absolutely vile taste, and nothing else.
2. Sauces made with pepper mash of extremely hot chiles.

Sauces in category #1 tend to have the Cannibal Corpse/nuclear holocaust labels, and are by definition terrible, terrible products which you should never buy. Also they might kill you.

Sauces in category #2 are loved and appreciated by "chile-heads" and hot sauce enthusiasts. My absolute favorite is this:

http://heartbreakingdawns.com/reapercussion/

[Almost] Everything HBD makes is wonderful, but Reapercussion is definitely the hottest non-extract sauce I've ever had that is also delicious. I rarely use it, as I rarely feel the need to show off my epic tolerance of heat anymore, but there's a bottle in my pantry right now, and I love it a lot.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

OK, I pulled the trigger on the Reapercussion and also got a bottle of 'Classic Gold Habanero', which is something I might actually be able to consume.

My goal is to have a week of chicken and rice and this stuff (along with - on the side - cucumbers, celery, green beans and other green vegetables) for a week instead of the garbage that I sometimes put into my system.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this thread the success it's about to be!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

gsdgsd

Post by gsdgsd »

pinback wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:22 pmGilberto's is repackaged Danny Cash.
Aw, man. I wondered why they didn't do mail order. Well, it'll be easier to get now, at least.