Mr. Do!

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Ice Cream Jonsey

Mr. Do!

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:10 pm

This thread is to remind me to post a picture or something of the high score save kit I installed.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Mr. Do!

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:17 pm

Mr. Do! did not survive the encounter that led to Frobozz's death. The monitor just shows a white screen regardless if the board is plugged in or not. I think I have an extra board around. The circuit board on the neck MIGHT be cracked a little, I dunno.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:42 pm

So the rescue dog killed your cat AND your Mr. Do! ?

Oh man, now I'm back on the Jiz shotgun side of the aisle.

THE
NEVER GET A USED DOG
AARDVARK

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:46 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:17 pm
Mr. Do! did not survive the encounter that led to Frobozz's death. The monitor just shows a white screen regardless if the board is plugged in or not. I think I have an extra board around. The circuit board on the neck MIGHT be cracked a little, I dunno.
Does it "play blind" when the PCB is plugged in? Like can you coin up and hear game sounds? If so, then you could just have a loose video wire connection to your monitor chassis.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:38 pm

It does not, sir! I have two Mr. Do! boards. (I would have had three except a fat asshole named Wayne made off with my shit.)

(I started a thread to try to find the guy's last name here - https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showth ... ost3950814 )

So, nothing happens when I swap boards. My next step is to see if any electricity is getting to the board itself and then start tracing backwards from there. I just don't want to do it at the moment, but that's next.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:55 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:38 pm
It does not, sir! I have two Mr. Do! boards. (I would have had three except a fat asshole named Wayne made off with my shit.)

(I started a thread to try to find the guy's last name here - https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showth ... ost3950814 )

So, nothing happens when I swap boards. My next step is to see if any electricity is getting to the board itself and then start tracing backwards from there. I just don't want to do it at the moment, but that's next.
Hm yeah sounds like perhaps your power supply is going out. At least that's a cheap part to replace assuming you can use a Happ switching PSU.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:00 pm

Ha, that is a great point - I suppose I should ensure that power is actually getting to the board. Oof.