Marie Sharp Survey

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Marie Sharp Survey

Post by pinback »

The background: Marie Sharp makes the finest, most famous habanero hot sauce in the world. Then a bunch of business hijinks happened and a couple of real dickheads screwed her over, stole her recipes, and started marketing "Melinda's", which is usually the only one of the two you'll ever see in a grocery store.

Then, yesterday, an amazing thing happened. Tooling through my Kroger, I saw, on the hot sauce shelf... Marie fuckin' Sharp, with a fresh new label design, right there, starin' me in the face.

So, for those of you who go to grocery stores, or know people who do, I am wondering which of them are now selling the bona fide Marie Sharp original?

Sampling this fresh bottle throughout the day, it's really, really difficult not to believe it might, still, be the world's greatest hot sauce.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Joke Corner

Post by Joke Corner »

What is Marie Sharp's favorite body of water type?

Sea.

Flack

Post by Flack »

In between the cocktail sauce and BBQ sauce shelves at Target is one wimpy row of hot sauces. For only the most generic of consumers, Target carries Tabasco, Cholula, Frank's, and Sriracha.

Marie Sharp hasn't made it to Target's grocery department yet. I'll check somewhere else next month.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

I appreciate your efforts.

Even yours, Joke Corner.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Guys, big news, I
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

What has hot sauce done for you lately?

Tdarcos

Re: Marie Sharp Survey

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:The background: Marie Sharp makes the finest, most famous habanero hot sauce in the world.
But, but, buit, what about Bhut Jolokia?

And I have now officially "worn out the welcome" of this joke.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Flack

Post by Flack »

On Friday Pinback asked me how often I go grocery shopping. I said never. In the past 48 hours, I've been to two grocery stores.

Today, we went to "Chinese Supermarket". Susan is making sushi with the Girl Scouts tomorrow so we were looking for ingredients for that, but we ended up walking up and down every single aisle, looking at all the items and pretty colors.

Hot sauce was located in multiple areas. There was the "sriracha" section, and then this area with hot chili sauce, hot and sweet chili sauce, and other hot sauces.

No sign of Marie, but I did buy a bottle of Extra Hot Chili Sauce so I'll write a review of that soon.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."