Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

When is the last time you ate bologna?

You may select 1 option

View results

pinback

The Bologna Poll

Post by pinback »

It's a divisive issue.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Bologna melt baby! Cheddar cheese not that disgusting American processed shit.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Aren't there much much better lunchmeats to be had besides bolongna? Fried in butter is supposed to make a good sandwich, or so I've heard.

THE
HAVEN'T HAD THE
PLEASURE
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

How does one define "better"?

Certainly bologna has a distinct flavor from, say, black forest ham or whatever. Can one say which is "better"?

Is this not all subjective?!

J'ACCUSE!!!

CO

Post by CO »

AArdvark wrote:Fried in butter is supposed to make a good sandwich, or so I've heard.
Its great that way, fry them and the slices curve up in the middle like a titty. Drop them onto some bread and cover with cheese. Fry both sides of the sandwich then . . . yummy.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I don't think I ever tried it.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I thought Bologna was for poor people and kids who wouldn't eat ham.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

pinback

Post by pinback »

Flack wrote:I thought Bologna was for poor people and kids who wouldn't eat ham.
Then how come if you add some pork fat cubes in there, you can instantly call it "mortadella" and charge 10x the price for it?

HUH???

HOW COME THAT?! Are pork fat cubes THAT good? Of course they are, but that's not the issue.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Ah, mortadella I know of. I have some in the fridge even. It's my go-to for sandwich toasting.

Flack

Post by Flack »

pinback wrote:
Flack wrote:I thought Bologna was for poor people and kids who wouldn't eat ham.
Then how come if you add some pork fat cubes in there, you can instantly call it "mortadella" and charge 10x the price for it?
I guess for the same reason that you can add noodles to hot water, can instantly call it "soup" and charge 10x the price for it. Or the same reason you can add peanut butter and jelly to bread, call it a "sandwich" and charge 10x the price for it. Or if you add cheese and pepperoni to a round piece of dough and-- look, you're the resident chef here, I shouldn't have to explain this.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Flack wrote: Or if you add cheese and pepperoni to a round piece of dough and-- look, you're the resident chef here, I shouldn't have to explain this.
Please don't stop.

Fine. Zipping back up.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I do not like baloney. I do not like pepperoni on pizza. I love polish sausage. I love link sausage. I like bacon wrapped steaks from Aldi's. I do have some ground pork I bought at Whole Foods Market which apparently is used as an alternative to ground beef; I have not tried it yet. This ends my survey of pork products. Further information about pork may be obtained from my game "Patty Flinger."

I do like cotto salami. My mother used to refer to it as "cotton salami." That has taste and character. Bologna has neither.

Although with the $622 I had to spend because I damaged my power wheelchair I may be reduced to eating bologna sandwiches for a few months...

Naah, I'd start hitting the Central Union Mission before I had to go that low. I usually send them $20 each Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

FlyingCarp

Post by FlyingCarp »

I grew up eating ring bologna with mustard. My grandma was a big fan and always made me bologna sandwiches.

Then I grew up and had a long period where I just didn't think to buy it. But recently I've moved to Lancaster, PA where you get a lot of German-influenced food and I've rediscovered bologna. There's a ton to choose from around here, so I've been working through the options. I'll report back when I find a favorite.

Not bologna, but yesterday I picked up "Hippey's Hot Meat Sticks." Pretty excited to try those, I gotta admit!

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

nothing wrong with a solid deli bologna with some hot mustard.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

The Happiness Engine wrote:nothing wrong with a solid deli bologna with some hot mustard.
But... but... but jolokia!
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

that was almost a joke, solid top %10 PaulPost.