I'm a Texas Pete guy now.

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

I'm a Texas Pete guy now.

Post by pinback »

To Jizaboz' great delight, I'm a Texas Pete guy. Now, those of you who hang on the HOT SAUCE EXPERT's every word know I've had a bit of a rocky past with Texas Pete.

But, as with everything in my life now, and as with all of you, I wish to BEGIN ANEW.

And in this anew beginning, I'll always have Texas Pete by my side. Basically, it is a sauce that makes no sense. It is a Louisiana-style sauce, made in North Carolina, named "Texas Pete". It's completely ridiculous, and also inexpensive, and both of those things fit my lifestyle perfectly right now.

Also, it's a pretty good sauce. Much better balance than Frank's, a prettier, richer red color than Louisiana, it's a solid choice in any situation that calls for cayennes, salt, and vinegar, the main ingredients of all Louisiana-style sauces. And the packaging is lively and fun.

Finally, when we toured North Carolina last year, every table at every restaurant had a bottle on it, and I love when a place really gets behind a local product like that. And I look back fondly on my time in North Carolina.

But mostly, it's just because it, and everything going on right now, is just so absurd that you have to embrace it.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Converted!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I don't know if I would trust them. I bought some Texas Pete's brand chili and found it was - if you can believe this - worse than Hormel or even Giant of Maryland store brand chili.

"Texas Pete's Chili. The only chili bad enough to earn the moniker, 'Worse than Hormel'"
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

That's why it was called chili SAUCE ;) It wasn't even real chili. It was "soy grits" mixed in flavorings that certainly didn't taste like the hot sauce.

It also is no longer made.