Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Have you ever tried Havarti?

You may select 1 option

View results

Tdarcos

Havarti cheese

Post by Tdarcos »

Late this evening I decided I wanted something to eat. At first, I was going to put on one of the very delicious Aldi bacon-wrapped fillets that they sell in a pack of 2 5-ounce fillets for $4.95.

Then I decided what I really wanted was a pastrami sandwich again. Well, it was about 10 minutes to midnight, so I decided to ride my chair down to the 24-hour Safeway that opened back in April.

So I got muenster cheese, and pastrami, and I found corned beef (as opposed to roast beef) so I picked up those. The cheese was 2 for $4 or 2 for $5 and so I saw some havarti cheese and thought about gettng some. At the time I decided to buy about 3 packs of muenster and so I decided to get it as an impulse item.

So anyway, I tried a piece directly.

It's not the kind of creamy mild cheese that muenster is, it has just a slight edge to it, in that it reminds me a bit of a very mild cheddar.

I'm still hungry so I'm going to make another sandwich, this time I'll try the havarti instead of muenster.

So I guess noiw I have two very nice mild cheeses I can use instead of plain American cheese.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Footloose

Post by Footloose »

If you have legs there wouldn't be one bite of food left on the entire planet.

Footloose

Post by Footloose »

Also, Havarti cheese is very pleasant.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Footloose wrote:If you have legs there wouldn't be one bite of food left on the entire planet.
Oh come on! As Grandpa Joe said to Charlie (about Augustus Gloop drinking from the chocolate river) in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, "Don't worry Charlie, he can't eat it all!"
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak