Kevin Durant is pretty awesome

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote:Most modern societies have laws regarding incest or social restrictions on closely consanguineous marriages.
The implication of high levels of incest in rural communities is referenced in the riddle "What is a West Virginia virgin? A girl that can run faster than her brothers."

In fact, I looked it up once. West Virginia Code 48-2-301 makes it illegal to marry your parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, aunt or uncle, sibling or half sibling; a child of your brother or sister; first or double cousin.

West Virginia Code 61-8-12 makes it illegal to have sex with your father, mother, brother, sister, daughter, son, grandfather, grandmother, grandson, granddaughter, nephew, niece, uncle or aunt.

So, in West Virginia it is legal to fuck your first or second ("double") cousin, but you can't get married.

("Well the best kinds of lovin' with a sister or a cousin always started with a little kiss, like this..." - Aerosmith, "Walk This Way")
In societies where it is illegal, consensual adult incest is seen by some as a victimless crime.
I would consider adult consensual incest to be that way in one and only one case: where the two people involved are incapable of having children. Britain is having a really bad problem with Pakistanis coming there because Pakistan allows relatives as close as first cousins to marry. This has caused a huge increase in children with severe birth defects being born in the British Pakistani community because of too many first cousin marriages failing to have a wide enough gene pool.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

pinback

Post by pinback »

See, I knew this would happen. Of course, everyone knew this would happen.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

What y'all are missing is the irrelevant song lyrics.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Irrelevant AND incorrect. Let's not forget that. Lest we forget.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.