Ben's Top 10 Albums of 2002

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ben

Ben's Top 10 Albums of 2002

Post by Ben »

I shall now reveal to you my Top Ten list of albums for the year 2002 (so far).

1. "Vapor Trails" - Rush
2. "The Eminem Show" - Eminem

Okay, I've only bought two albums so far in 2002, but that's how I'd rank 'em. It was close, though. They're both really good. I probably picked Vapor Trails just because I'm a sentimental old Rush fan (and they're a sentimenal old Rush!)

This has been: Ben's Top 10 Albums of 2002.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Robb's Top Ten Albums (so far) of 2002:

1. "The Process of Belief" - Bad Religion
2. "Sticks and Stones" - New Found Glory
3. "Leaving Through the Window" - Something Corporate
9. "Fever" - Kylie Minogue
10. "The Green Album" -Weezer

And I don't even like Bad Religion.

And, Jesus, was that Weezer album trite.

This has been: Jonsey's Top 10 Albums (so far) of 2002.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

msherwin

Post by msherwin »

Those are the two most pathetic top ten albums lists I have ever seen. What I see happening here is ranking the 3 or four shitty albums you foolishly bought. I am clever no?

Due to the fact that I'm hopelessly broke I do not have the luxury of buying albums, I am forced to download music through peer-to-peer networks. I am not always sure what I am downloading or if the song title is correct, so here is a snippet of some of the best the net had to offer this year!!

1. Bad Apathy- The Self-Defense
2. MnM- With-OUT-ME
3. bRmC- Love brns
4. OLP- Somweher out their- Which sounded like it was recorded it the middle of an earthquake.
5. Red HOT Chile Pappers- BTW- Bit rate 96. Didn't realize that till I burned it to a CD and it sounded like Anthony Kedis had down syndrome.
6. Puddles of Mudds- Blurry- I thought I was downloading this radio friendly track but it really was cleverly renamed file by a Christian Rock group called Noah's Funk. Less funk more Noah!!
7. Accidental downloads of Various MP2's which froze my computer up once winamp decided I was trying to pull some shit.
8. The Vines- Get Free (Demo) I thought I was downloading the version I saw on my MTV. Instead I got the version The Vines put before they bought instruments and were forced to "JAM" with various household appliances.

That is all

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

msherwin wrote:Those are the two most pathetic top ten albums lists I have ever seen.
Well, we still have four months to go before the year is out.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

Okay, I guess I'll share the handful of albums I've bought from 2002 and put them in a mostly meaningless order.

1. Handsome Family "Live At Schuba's Tavern" - Okay, I didn't actually buy this because I had already ripped the concert off of dcn.com (and my version has more songs and stuff), but I'll probably buy it eventually.

2. The Cells "We Can Replace You" - Alright, haven't bought this one either, but I've heard all of these songs in .mp3 and concert form. The album and songs can be checked out at http://www.orangerecordings.com/cells.html. I'd listen to 'Silver Cloud,' 'Hello,' and 'I Go Out.'

3. Aaron Scholz "Come Back Down" - One of my two favorite alt-country bands from Madison, this is their most recent release. Not as many great songs as the first album, but worth owning if you're a fan.

4. Box-o-Car "In The Future... On Mars!" EP - A good teaser until the next full length album from this Chicago band.

Yeah, I guess that's it. I'm expecting albums from a couple bands later this year, but I still wonder if I'll have 10 2002 albums by the end of it. Oh, well.

bruce

Post by bruce »

Now, this isn't quite fair, since I haven't actually <i>heard</I> the album yet, but:

Caitlin Cary's <i>While You Weren't Looking</i> is very probably spectacular. I heard "Sorry" on the radio. No one locally has the album, but I was able to get a hold of her EP "Waltzie," which contains an older version of "Sorry." My God, that's one of the best songs about bitter regret that I've ever heard. Even if the rest of the album blows dead syphilitic goats, <i>While You Weren't Looking</i> is very likely to be in my Year's Top Ten for "Sorry" alone.

Worm

Post by Worm »

Albums that have come out in 2002?

Though Vapor Trails will be up there when I pick it up.
Good point Bobby!