Congrats to Drew Brees

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Congrats to Drew Brees

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Most passing yards, most touchdowns thrown in NFL history. He's the best player I'll ever root for in my lifetime.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Re: Congrats to Drew Brees

Post by Flack »

Nobody there will ever forget that game, especially the Colts.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Meanwhile in Best Carolina..

The egotistical dude (but most of the time playing well) that was QB for the Panthers is still out and his replacement could have done a better job with proper coaching. He did great his first couple of games. Our kicker on the other hand holy shit let’s just bring Kasey out of retirement because fuck this shit.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

There is a scenario (albeit very, very unlikely) that he holds this record for five days, and then loses it on Saturday to Tom Brady, and then gets it back the next day.

If this is the case, I definitely think there should be full-on celebrations and media coverage every time they surpass the record. They should have to take laps around the field saluting the fans every single time.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

The NFL100 list featuring the 100 greatest players in NFL history completed the process of revealing their roster, and Drew Brees was not on it.

Our hall of famers Rickey Jackson, Willie Roaf and Morten Andersen were not on it, but also the leader in yards thrown in a career, TDs in a career and completion percentage in a career did not make the list. This means the list is a dumb waste of time and possibly the stupidest thing the NFL has ever done, except for all the other stuff lately.

pinback

Post by pinback »

How is that possible. I mean, I'm sure Tom Brady was like #1 or #2, so how can Brees not be on th-- I've had it with all this horseshit, who gives a fuck.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Don't feel bad ICJ, I just scanned the list and no William Perry so FAKE NEWS LIST GTFO.

It's funny how 99 people on that list will be remembered as men who played football and one of them will be remembered as a murderer who also played football.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ray Lewis made the cut?

Flack

Post by Flack »

Yes -- twice, in 2000.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Hahaha, there is always time for Ray Lewis Killing Two Guys, Getting Completely Away With It, and Getting Jobs in Broadcasting jokes. (Only, that's exactly what happened and it's not a joke.)

I thought there was some guys who were undeniable. Tom Brady, sure. Dick Butkus, sure. Defined defense for a decade. And when it comes to coaching, the fact that Joe Gibbs won three Super Bowls with a different quarterback in the most competitive division in football means he's undeniable as well. I get that the other three Saints were/are not undeniable. I do truly get that. I just, man, woulda thought Brees was one of them.

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown »

pinback wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:33 am There is a scenario (albeit very, very unlikely) that he holds this record for five days, and then loses it on Saturday to Tom Brady, and then gets it back the next day.

If this is the case, I definitely think there should be full-on celebrations and media coverage every time they surpass the record. They should have to take laps around the field saluting the fans every single time.
The All-time Strikeout record for Pitchers changed hands nearly 20 times in a 3 year period.

"Over a three-year period between 1982–1984, Carlton was involved in an interesting pitching duel with Nolan Ryan and Gaylord Perry, in which they often traded places at the top of the all-time strikeout list. At the start of the 1983 season, the 55-year-old mark of Walter Johnson was 3,508 strikeouts,[30] but there were three pitchers who were within 100 strikeouts of Johnson: Ryan (3,494), Perry (3,452), and Carlton (3,434). Ryan was the first to surpass Johnson on April 22, 1983 against the Montreal Expos. However a stint on the disabled list shortly after he set the record, combined with a spectacular season by Carlton, allowed Carlton to make up ground and on June 7, 1983, Carlton passed Ryan as the all-time strikeout king with 3,526 to Ryan's 3,524. "

They ended up with 19 lead changes and a tie between 82 and 85. Eventually Nolan Ryan went on to just lap the field with over 5,700 as the rest arms fell off.

I'd like to think there was a massive celebration daily as they past each other especially with someone named Gaylord involved.
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

pinback

Post by pinback »

Holy shit, it's Knuckles.

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown »

meh there hasn't been much to read here other than Robb crying about how awful life is under the fascist regime as he wipes his ass with 1000 bills
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

Ice Cream Jonsey

Knuckles the CLown wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:56 am meh there hasn't been much to read here other than Robb crying about how awful life is under the fascist regime as he wipes his ass with 1000 bills
When did I do that? You're so full of it. I demand answers and recompense.