Let's follow hockey in 2019/2020

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Re: Let's follow hockey in 2019/2020

Post by pinback »

Wait, I DO know where it came from. For the last several months, during my daily walks, and often in the background while I'm working, I listen to 1999 Neil Rogers shows, and he was a big hockey guy, so when he was talking about the Avalanche that year, he'd always mention Theo Fleury. So I hear the name a lot more regularly than most.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:06 pm Well, after opening 4-0 at home, the Avalanche embarked on a 6-game road trip, ending at 4-1-1.
Yeah! The Avalanche rocks! Or maybe I should say The Avalanche is full of rocks. Not sure yet.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

pinback wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:43 am Not a joke, I dunno where that came from. Yes, Marc "Andre" Fleury. But with all the new players on the Avs, I barely know their names either.
That has been the biggest thing. The names. The people. The players. The sauce. The cheese.

I knew every guy on the 92 Flyers and Sabres. I knew every team's best player, I had at least heard of all the guys on the top two lines, plus the goalies and the offensive defensemen. Part of that way playing hockey video games and being in a fantasy hockey league and watching lots of games.

I am struggling HARD to remember and recall and learn just the roster of the Sabres. It took me two years to memorize "Linus Ullmark and Carter Hutton." Hutton throwing shut outs every week has made that easier, but still.

I started with just trying to learn the names of the guys the Sabres drafted in the first round, but even that wasn't great because they have busted so regularly. We're working, family men, Pinner. This is going to take real effort to do.

But at least the league is not obviously, hilariously fixed like the NFL, so there ya go. I am willing to swap NFL knowledge for NHL knowledge.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

The formerly great Avalanche can't win a game no more, but almost all their good guys got hurt, so I'm not willing to throw up my hands in an awkward fashion and say "here we go again". Yet.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Nearing the halfway point of the season, the Avs are #1 in the Western Conference, with the highest goal differential in the league. See, I told you they weren't going to fade this year.