Purely computer-generated metal

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

RealNC

Purely computer-generated metal

Post by RealNC »

I recently came across something I never heard before. A group called "Mechina" that makes metal albums purely on a computer. Everything is computer-generated, including the guitars. Not a single physical instrument is in there. The vocals are the only thing not generated by a computer, and I suspect they're heavily processed too.

Making metal this way probably goes against what metal stands for to begin with. But it still sounds pretty darn good to me!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Purely computer-generated metal

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Pretty cool. I don't have anything strictly on-topic, but I can say that a music-making program (along with Sony Vegas 14 or 15) is available for $20 in a Humble Bundle right now.

Again, NOT ON TOPIC, but the best I can do. But what you have posted is quite listenable to someone like myself who can appreciate metal even if it isn't something I necessarily seek out.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

RealNC wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:01 pm A group called "Mechina" that makes metal albums purely on a computer.
Not metal.

It is a sub-genre of Electronica, still pretty cool though.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

"Oh yeah? Well I think it fuck'n suuuuuuucks!"
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Jizaboz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:27 pm "Oh yeah? Well I think it fuck'n suuuuuuucks!"
Your ears just aren't trained for it :razz:

Paul Robinson

Post by Paul Robinson »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:44 pm Pretty cool. I don't have anything strictly on-topic, but I can say that a music-making program (along with Sony Vegas 14 or 15) is available for $20 in a Humble Bundle right now.
Finding that I could purchase a professional video editing software package along with close to a dozen additional items for $25, was too good to pass up. I'm waiting for their checkout system to e-mail me the download location(s) and license key(s). Thanks for the mention.
While there is time
Let's go out and feel everything!
- Steve Winwood, The Finer Things

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Your inbox is probably full.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Paul's on Vegas! Watch out everybody!

Paul Robinson

Post by Paul Robinson »

Paul Robinson wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:52 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:44 pm Pretty cool. I don't have anything strictly on-topic, but I can say that a music-making program (along with Sony Vegas 14 or 15) is available for $20 in a Humble Bundle right now.
Finding that I could purchase a professional video editing software package along with close to a dozen additional items for $25, was too good to pass up. I'm waiting for their checkout system to e-mail me the download location(s) and license key(s). Thanks for the mention.
RealNC wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:04 pm Your inbox is probably full.
The message came in about 20 minutes after I ordered it. At the time I had about 300 messages in my inbox. I think this 'inbox is full' crap is coming from your end, the systems you're using are misconfigured or are misreading the response. Since I get regular mail from my credit cards and other correspondents with no problem, I suspect you have a problem on your end. Again, I've found several organizations that can't handle e-mail addresses where the domain name has a hyphen in it.
While there is time

Ice Cream Jonsey

I think this 'inbox is full' crap is coming from your end, the systems you're using are misconfigured or are misreading the response.
Guys, someone get a hold of Google, Yahoo and MSN and open a ticket.

Flack

Post by Flack »

You guys are going about this all wrong. The trick is, if you want a response to a simple question before Christmas, you have to start emailing him in October.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ladies & gentlemen.. Jonathan “Jack” Flack!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Hey! Flack's back!

Way cool!

THE
LEVEL UP!
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Well, it's awful funny that dozens of correspondents send me mail and I regularly get mail all the time, basically every day. What am I to believe when lots of people send me mail which I get, but yours has problems?

Oh, by the way, Flack, thank you for the $10.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Paul Robinson

Post by Paul Robinson »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:07 pm Well, it's awful funny that dozens of correspondents send me mail and I regularly get mail all the time, basically every day. What am I to believe when lots of people send me mail which I get, but yours has problems?

Oh, by the way, Flack, thank you for the $10.
He actually remembered to keep a message below 9 lines. Will wonders ever cease?
While there is time

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:07 pmOh, by the way, Flack, thank you for the $10.
You're welcome. I appreciate the work you put into the 3D model of Mars, even if others didn't. I'll send you a picture of the model once I finally print it out.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Hell yeah. Tdarcos would you be interested in assisting us with a Photon tower model? I’m trying to create to old Photon (the old laser tag like game from the 80s) experience in a 3D game engine. The shape of the top is a bitch to match up with the base.

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/lasertag%2Cphoton
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:35 pm Hell yeah. Tdarcos would you be interested in assisting us with a Photon tower model?
It depends. What are you looking for and is it worth anything for my time? The more interesting it sounds, or the less uninteresting work it represents, the more likely I'd be to do it for free. 2D or 3D, size, what is involved, etc.

Thug: If you're so interested why don't you do it? Why don't you kill Batman?
Joker: When you're good at something, never do it for free.
- The Dark Knight (and Pinback, don't give me any shit about the quote being wrong)
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Tdarcos wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:21 am
Jizaboz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:35 pm Hell yeah. Tdarcos would you be interested in assisting us with a Photon tower model?
It depends. What are you looking for and is it worth anything for my time? The more interesting it sounds, or the less uninteresting work it represents, the more likely I'd be to do it for free. 2D or 3D, size, what is involved, etc.

Thug: If you're so interested why don't you do it? Why don't you kill Batman?
Joker: When you're good at something, never do it for free.
- The Dark Knight (and Pinback, don't give me any shit about the quote being wrong)
If you look at that link in my last post you'll see a few pictures of this tower with the colored, lit top. The shape on top is a bitch. I've always had a hard time getting it to both be shaped correctly and have it meet the cylinder base correctly. I'll try to get you some more pics soon. I'll need this to be in 3d. I think I can probably texture it myself if I can remember how to UV wrap.

When I get time for more than a quick search I'll try to get you the actual height and width of this this thing. It's going to be imported into the Doom3 engine, so it will be roughly twice the height of the player model. And yes of course.. just quote me a price after we get the specs nailed down better.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

By the way, this wasn't computer generated metal. You only get that in an automated foundry.