2017 PRO FOOTBALL

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

2017 PRO FOOTBALL

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Neil Diamond is the new John Mellencamp. Jesus fuck, that insipid fucking ad.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Re: 2017 PRO FOOTBALL

Post by AArdvark »

Can we tangentially cover the president, the NFL players and the disrespect towards the anthem? Or should we put that in the politics base? My, these topics are so overlapping it's not funny.

What ad? Since I don't watch TV I have to have people tell me these things. I assume there's a Neil Diamond ad promoting the NFL as a whole. If this is true it makes me cringe as much as the Bob Dylan ad for Cadillac a few years back. Is it a quick buck? Is that why they do it?

THE
HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

It often happens that artists get into financial trouble and do projects or roles they might not have done otherwise. Coppola did Godfather III because he was in bad financial straights.

Neil Diamond did at least three Coke ads. Don't know if it was just a straight deal or he needed the money badly.

Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:40 am Neil Diamond is the new John Mellencamp. Jesus fuck, that insipid fucking ad.
Oh I know exactly which one you speak of. Can't fucking STAND that commercial. It's for a car. Don't recall the brand. If this were real life, I'd be the guy in the car behind those 2 idiots singing that awful song together with my windows rolled down blasting the most offensive FEAR song I could quickly queue up on my tape deck.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻