Vince Lombardi

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Vince Lombardi

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

This caused me to laugh uncontrollably for a good five minutes.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Re: Vince Lombardi

Post by pinback »

Why?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

pinback wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:22 amWhy?
Dude...

pinback

Post by pinback »

Well, I mean, a weak troll caller, and then Mike's mumbly-mouthed response was the most boring way he could have dealt with it. But I guess a lifetime of listening to the likes of Neil Rogers and Howard Stern has given me a different viewpoint on such things.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I will tell you.

Yes, Mike is terrible. He is awful at this, just some old, boring, dumb idiot who is doing these shows because he has to. That's not what makes this good.

There is one moment that caused me to die in giggles. The moment right when Mike is reaching for the button on his touch screen to dump the caller, and the guy says in some NYC accent, "I didn't know he was decease-- "

Ah. Ha ha. Ah. Haaaaa.

That is the genius of it.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Because I don't even follow sports and I know Lombardi has been dead for decades.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:17 pm
Because I don't even follow sports and I know Lombardi has been dead for decades.
Even though I didn't think it was as funny as Robb, this was not the reason, Paul.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:53 am
Tdarcos wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:17 pm
Even though I didn't think it was as funny as Robb, this was not the reason, Paul.
Oh yeah? Well, that wasn't an answer, either, asshole.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I GAVE YOU THE ANSWER. Cheese n' Crackers!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Additionally, can we all please agree that NYC radio is the absolute worst and lowest form of radio in the history of the earth? Dumbfuck blowhards condescending to the most entitled, shitass fans the sporting world has ever known, filled with unblinking, stupid incomprehension that teams that spend more play better and that it's not drama to continually sign other people's All-Stars.

We can? Great. Glad nobody is disagreeing with it. All sports talk radio is awful, but the NY/NJ area is the woist.

Denver's is terrible in a completely different way. When Pinback lived here we had one show with two 90-year olds that had possibly the dumbest show east of the Hudson River. There simply isn't the space left on the database server to go into it, but Ben knows. There was another show where the host took a breath at the beginning and did not stop his dull drone until three hours were up. And another one where two meatheads and a sniveling Syracuse alum said, "I TELL YOU WHAYT!" for three hours, then they played the show again on repeat for three hours.

pinback

Post by pinback »

GET IN THE HUNT!

(crumples up paper)

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Why do you listen to such drivel? I'm sure there are podcasts that will provide you with all the goodness and zero commercials and blather. Why, I listen to a couple that teach me about football and playoff baseball and provide a good dose of humor to boot. and look how well adjusted I am now

THE
I OWE IT ALL TO
TEH INTERNET
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

When I'm in the car, I listen to Howard Stern, because the car has Sirius.

When I'm in the truck, I listen to sports radio, because it (sadly, and miserably) is the only radio left that is not 1) the same song 100 times, or 2) DA LIBERALZ MADE DA HURRICKINS!, and has even the slightest remnants of spontaneity left.

It is the worst version of entertainment/talk radio I could imagine, but it is still the best thing on radio, because everything else is so much, very much worse.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I thought it was funny and had no idea who the coach was he was even asking about.

While I don't listen to sports talk radio because I'm just not THAT interested in sports, while working I often listen to NPR (lefty) a bit in the morning and then a little of the polar opposite (Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity or whoever is sub'ing for them) in the afternoon. Not all day. Not everyday. But I think that kinda helps me stay "true neutral" as I do end up yelling "OH COME THE FUCK ON" at any show at certain times within this selection. Basically it makes it quite clear how both "sides" go overboard and just plain, independent common sense is rare.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:12 pm GET IN THE HUNT!

(crumples up paper)
One of those guys died, I think. Irv? Was that one of them? He's dead now.

pinback

Post by pinback »

He's OUT OF THE HUNT!!!

(crumples up paper)