This is the most inspirational gif I have ever seen.

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

This is the most inspirational gif I have ever seen.

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

This is Max Scherzer's reaction to being asked by his manager if he should come out against the Oriole's next batter, Manny Machado.

I want to live life and attack life with the energy, focus and commitment that Max has to getting that oversized Baltimore douchebag out.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Did he, like, hit the strike and then batted a home run so he can walk the, uh, base?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I'll give you an explanation of baseball that I won't give anyone else who doesn't care for it, because you're the one man left on this forum that I respect.

A lot of the pleasure in baseball is the months-long accumulation of statistics. In this case, though, you have the white-hot anger of a man possessed. It's those looooong moments and those extremely short moments that are fun for me. I feel that to everyone that hates it or doesn't care for it, they're experiencing it between those two points. Between the instant of man versus man and "this guy got on base half the time for the whole year."

Between those two I will easily admit that: yes, time to go get a hot dog and beer or seven because nothing is happening.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

You know, baseball looks like the only other sport I could enjoy watching (F1 being the only thing I watch.) I liked every baseball movie I ever watched, and when I come across random baseball clips on youtube, I watch them even though I only have a vague idea of what's going on.

There's something very satisfying in baseball. Not the act of hitting a ball with a bat. It's the attitude and the atmosphere I like. It seems very relaxed but at the same time very competitive with a "bad-ass" attitude, even though there's no action. Which is weird.

But it won't happen. It's just not a thing over here. It's not even broadcast on pay-TV.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

"Bas-eh-bawl beehn veddy veddy goohd to thaym."
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak