Did Ted Nugent actually make any good music?

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

RetroRomper

Did Ted Nugent actually make any good music?

Post by RetroRomper »

I'm familiar with Ted Nugent from his support of both Bushs, threatening to rebel / kill Obama, and his insatiable lust for underage women, but I don't actually know any of his musical history (why he matters in the first place) or where I should start with him music wise?

Kinda, sickeningly curious if anyone has a preferred "sampling" of his artistic career I should check out (that preferably doesn't involve being a racist, pedophiliac, conservative redneck.)
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

There's a few Damn Yankees songs that I like. I wouldn't dare admit it here because they are a bit soft rock and I've got a reputation to uphold.

My brother has a good routine about guitarists acting like they are playing a much harder song than they actually are, and I think this was one of the inspirations:
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

SIDE NOTE: The amount of ink I spilled thinking of the blonde in that video would have covered 3/4ths of the world with salt water.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:There's a few Damn Yankees songs that I like. I wouldn't dare admit it here because they are a bit soft rock and I've got a reputation to uphold.
I saw your list, your "good reputation" clearly does not come from that, it mainly comes from you keeping this place running so that retroromper doesn't go and...you know...we all like retroromper, that is the important part here.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:SIDE NOTE: The amount of ink I spilled thinking of the blonde in that video would have covered 3/4ths of the world with salt water.
So basically you are saying that you spilled 0 ink thinking of the blonde in the video since our world is already 3/4 salt water.

pinback

Post by pinback »

That's a good point.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I had this "Greatest Hits" at one time. Probably a pretty good start. Also, he's the loudest thing I've ever heard in RealLife.

I can't speak for his lyrics. Most of the time I can't understand what he's saying anyway and I always just dug his guitar playing.

Bugs

Post by Bugs »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:SIDE NOTE: The amount of ink I spilled thinking of the blonde in that video would have covered 3/4ths of the world with salt water.
Ew.

Ice Cream Jonsey

You are the only (checks userbase) one of the few ACTUAL musicians here.

Bugs, what is YOUR take on the oeuvre of Ted Nugent?

Bugs

Post by Bugs »

Cat Scratch Fever and a bunch of other songs that sound like Cat Scratch Fever.

He's Jimmy Buffett with a gun.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Bugs wrote:Cat Scratch Fever and a bunch of other songs that sound like Cat Scratch Fever.

He's Jimmy Buffett with a gun.
Oh come on now! He doesn't have 1 song that sounds like PinaColadaVille!