Abelton Live

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Abelton Live

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Tdarcos wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:15 pm Try again, Jonsey. The Soviet System ended in 1991. At most it might be Russian. but let's not equate people or groups in Russia from the Russian Government. We had this situation when people blamed returning Vietnam veterans for the US Government's prosecution of the military conflict.
Don't tell me what to do.

So, Russians are constantly throwing political misinformation out into the internet, causing our stupider countryfolk to fall for lies. Ohh that's not all Russians, just people trying to do a job, we shouldn't group them together.

Russians are constantly spewing their dumbass botnet script kiddie nonsense out into the world, to the point where it's easier for sites like this to just ban IPs from Russia. Ohh that's not all Russians, just the hackers, we shouldn't group them together.

Russians just decided to up and invade another sovereign nature like Ukraine, ooooh that's not all Russians, just the ones in their military.

Russians decided to kill a stray dog in space, ooooh that's not all Russians, just the cosmonauts.

Russians decided to ruin Audacity, ohh that's not all (etc).

And so on. At some point people will just start to lump them all together because they don't feel like going "Not all Russians" and call them Soviets and they don't need someone like you sticking up for them.
Since you have a reaasonable version that doesn't phone home, use it. Or, it is an open source application, if it bothers you, look throgh the code that handles telematics, dike it out, and recompile it as a fork. Aidacity has no reason to connect to the internet, so if any such code is present, disable it, then the issue is removed. Yeah, that's a drastic step, but bold problems require bold solutions.
This is incredible and you'll never know why. I was sick of the UI of a program and you suggested a totally different kind of program and I tried to politely tell you that you have no idea what you're talking about, and now you're barreling on about disabling telemetry code when I already told you that I have a version of a program THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS CONVERSATION SINCE IT'S NOT A DAW and you wouldn't have the faintest idea where to start ripping out code anyway.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Kind of off topic but while yes, Russia did kill a dog in space they later had a successful run with a dog. Also, the United States killed many animals in space research; mostly primates. The only reason we do not still do this is because we have proper computer sensors to take readings without the need for a biological specimen.

Also, the Russians are STILL getting our asses back and forth to the International Space Station. They just had to rescue us AGAIN from the ISS a few weeks ago because our shit failed to launch.

As far as the war goes, I'm sure there is propaganda on all sides. It's a complicated situation and not nearly as black and white as most people would like us to assume. As Zelensky actually said "There's a lot of money to be made here." and personally I don't really care who is wrong or right at this point. I just wish the stupid war would end. Pissing more money at it is not going to make it end any time soon.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jonsey, maybe I shouldn't have gotten into the conversation, but until you started your angry complaint, I did not see any mention of how it was different from a multirack editor. Once you said it was a DAE I then understood that Audacity doesn't work for that. The way you explained it, I had no idea. I'll run away now before I make things worse.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:35 pm Jonsey, maybe I shouldn't have gotten into the conversation, but until you started your angry complaint, I did not see any mention of how it was different from a multirack editor. Once you said it was a DAE I then understood that Audacity doesn't work for that. The way you explained it, I had no idea. I'll run away now before I make things worse.
It's a DAW, not a DAE.

You are welcome to post in every thread, we enjoy your posts. Don't exit this thread!

Flack

Post by Flack »

JC is the only forum where responding on topic is usually off topic.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Right. We don't come here for solutions, we come here to dunk one another in acidic solutions.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:37 pm
Tdarcos wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:35 pm Once you said it was a DAE I then understood
It's a DAW, not a DAE.
I knew that. Look at the keyboard and notice the character to the right of "w". Typo.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:37 pm You are welcome to post in every thread, we enjoy your posts. Don't exit this thread!
I'm trying very hard to make sure I'm relevant (or if not relevant, funny.)

Audacity does do multiple tracks, each of which can be mono or stereo, and allows tracks to overlay time lines, as well as volume adjustment. However, and this what I noticed from the example on Wikipedia, is that a DAW allows on-the-fly slider-based simultameous adjustment of tracks. Audacity is a completely different way of working with sound from a DAW which is oriented toward per-track adjustment in real-time, e.g. track 4 is lower by 10db for 5 seconds at 2:37, track 3 is higher by 2db for 2 seconds, allowing simultaneous multitrack adjustments. That's the difference. A DAW focuses on the tracks; Audacity focuses on the timeline. They both are useful sound editing tools but each focuses on a different type of job.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:34 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:37 pm
Tdarcos wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:35 pm Once you said it was a DAE I then understood
It's a DAW, not a DAE.
I knew that. Look at the keyboard and notice the character to the right of "w". Typo.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:37 pm You are welcome to post in every thread, we enjoy your posts. Don't exit this thread!
I'm trying very hard to make sure I'm relevant (or if not relevant, funny.)

Audacity does do multiple tracks, each of which can be mono or stereo, and allows tracks to overlay time lines, as well as volume adjustment. However, and this what I noticed from the example on Wikipedia, is that a DAW allows on-the-fly slider-based simultameous adjustment of tracks. Audacity is a completely different way of working with sound from a DAW which is oriented toward per-track adjustment in real-time, e.g. track 4 is lower by 10db for 5 seconds at 2:37, track 3 is higher by 2db for 2 seconds, allowing simultaneous multitrack adjustments. That's the difference. A DAW focuses on the tracks; Audacity focuses on the timeline. They both are useful sound editing tools but each focuses on a different type of job.
Thanks. So you are where the rest of us were 15 years ago. Welcome to the party, pal.

This is the problem with trying to be an instant expert on things. COMMANDER.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:52 pm Thanks. So you are where the rest of us were 15 years ago. Welcome to the party, pal.
Would you mind removing the dead body you threw on my car?

Let's not forget, I'm not a musician; I just record sounds as part of video recording or speech (reading Wikipedia articles). I had no idea let's say, how much 'heavief' use a musiciam does with sound in comparison.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:52 pm This is the problem with trying to be an instant expert on things. COMMANDER.
I have never claimed to be an expert on anything. Nor have I ever tried to be.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:35 am Right. We don't come here for solutions, we come here to dunk one another in acidic solutions.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

I gotta start a new Ableton thread.