Reggae specifically Dancehall

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

bryanb

Re: Reggae specifically Dancehall

Post by bryanb »

I'm far from an expert on reggae and its subclassifications, but I am a fan of Gregory Isaacs. Night Nurse, Front Door, and Top Ten are a few of my favorite songs by him. I admit some of the lyrical choices are a bit questionable -- I refuse to believe writing the words to Stranger In Town took more than five minutes.

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

bryanb wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:33 pm I'm far from an expert on reggae and its subclassifications, but I am a fan of Gregory Isaacs. Night Nurse, Front Door, and Top Ten are a few of my favorite songs by him. I admit some of the lyrical choices are a bit questionable -- I refuse to believe writing the words to Stranger In Town took more than five minutes.
I love Night Nurse!
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

In babychams dancehall choon "pum pum tun up" he uses ketchup and mustard as metaphors for women, boldly declaring that he doesn't want ketchup, he wants that hot pepper sauce! If you can understand the difference between the 2 sauces, then you would understand his kind of women. Just think about it, he no want ketchup, it's boring, basic. He wants that hot pepper sauce it's lively, tasty, spicy and unique, it brings the flavor. Now don't come tell me that Jamaican songs about pussy can't be deep! If you wanna dig a little deeper he could been talking about a whole different thing about females and sauces but... oh lord...
Lorelie Kraus the 1st