Stupid Cox

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Stupid Cox

Post by Flack »

I finally hit the point where it no longer makes sense to pay for a business internet account. For the same price each month, I can either get 16mb down/3mb up and a static IP, or 100mb down/10mb up and no static IP. And actually, the latter is much cheaper because I can then bundle my internet in with my digital cable and phone, it's going to be like $100/month cheaper.

On July 22nd we called Cox and signed up for residential internet. Great. They said they can't turn it on until we turn off our Cox business account. They sold Cox Business to another company, so Cox can't cancel it. So I call Cox Business. They say they have a mandatory "30 day wait policy to cancel any customer." I said why, they said because. I begged, they said no. Fine. For the past month I've been paying for two internet accounts, but can only use the slower one.

We called back yesterday. It's been a month, can you please turn it off now? They checked our records and found they disabled my account. We're no longer a customer, but we're still getting internet. Can you turn it off? No, because we're not a customer. Someone will have to create a customer account for us and turn it on so someone can turn it off in the system. I ask the guy, has anyone ever called to complain that they are getting free internet and want it turned off? He says no. Ha ha ha. He hangs up.

Cox are a bunch of... what's the word I'm looking for...
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I really, really hope that you get free Internet from them for free, for life.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Today's update: still getting free internet.

Flack

Post by Flack »

We got switched over to the new internet system today after 5 hours of tech support calls, from 2:30-7:30pm.

My internet isn't any faster and the tech said it's because my cable modem is old and sad. Back to Amazon we go.