I have gone blind

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

blind Commander Darcos

I have gone blind

Post by blind Commander Darcos »

About 2 weeks ago Sat nite I was fine. Sun I woke up with bad burry vision. Am waiting 4 eye operation. Has taken several days for partial minor improvement and to find on screen magnifier & kick resolution to 6x, plus sometimes I think eye is fighting me, sometimes I think I will be able to get something done my eye will kick in "double blur" and myake things worser than worse.

Sorry uf this spoils your hopes of ending the "L0ook who Tdarcos Outlived" thread.

Paul

Probably wight related

Post by Probably wight related »

Is it the diabetes?

blind Commander Darcos

Post by blind Commander Darcos »

Probably wight related wrote:Is it the diabetes?
Good Question. The blur is/was from blood leaking out of blood vessels and pooling in the back/bittom of the eye. Like pouring motor oil over a monitor.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

You are in our thoughts and prayers, Commander. Here is hoping for a speedy recovery!!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:You are in our thoughts and prayers, Commander. Here is hoping for a speedy recovery!!
You have to type it like this, Robb.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ah holy shit man. I thought I had eyeball issues. Hope it gets sorted out.

lethargic

Post by lethargic »

THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU EAT TOO MUCH SLOP

Your Friends

Post by Your Friends »

FEEL BETTER PAUL!!!

Sign Twirler

Post by Sign Twirler »

[Discount Eyeglasses - Ray-Ban, Brooks Brothers & MORE →]

I'll ask my manager if we can order bigger signs, Mr. Paul.

Swansons

Post by Swansons »

we'll see about bigger writing on our dollar store frozen dinner packages.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Checked in with Paul's sister last night. Apparently he should have already been home from the hospital by now, but the hospital can't get their shit together.

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown »

Jizaboz wrote:Checked in with Paul's sister last night. Apparently he should have already been home from the hospital by now, but the hospital can't get their shit together.
Or an apparatus to get Paul together.
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

The problem is that the eye center wants a clearance from my cardiologist. My statement was that I figured that they want to make sure whatever anestesia they use does not cause me to drop dead of a heart attack, I was told that was exactly the reason, e.g. The Bridgetender's canned response.

I have noticed my vision is getting better although very slowly and it was the eye doctors who said that if it wasn't that I only have one eye we'd wait a few weeks since I could manage with one eye having blurry vision when the other is normal. I have not been able to use my computers except for minor tasks. I can't write and until extremely recently was completely unable to read. (I have discovered that if I simply touch-type I'm making fewer errors typing things in than when I look at the keyboard; having been doing typing for more than 20 years, my fingers know where the keys are better than my eyes do, and I can type at about 40-50 WPM without even looking at the keyboard. Maybe 5 or 10 years ago I discovered I'd been touch typing, probably for years, and didn't even realize it.)

One thing the last month has done for me, I've more-or-less finished two books, one I had been thinking about for a long time and the other was brand new, and I plotted both in my head and transcribed them by using my video cameras as Dictaphones, then as the cartridges got full, dumping them to my computer and saving the files. I have about 180 GB of video files - which will be less if I strip them as I only need to audio - which probably represent dozens of hours of me either telling the story or actually speaking dialog and scenes.

I suspect that if I had a couple of months the blur would eventually go away, but as it is I can't manage like this. I can't go out when it's dark, I can't read my prescriptions to know which ones I take when - I have them segregated into the ones I take once daily and the once I take twice a day. I can't cook much because I can't read the package to know how long to cook. The improvement means I have some limited functionality like being able to read the electronic temperature control on the gas oven, and to some degree to read the controls on the microwave oven.

It's like bare survival and I want more than that. I've decided that I want to change my life. Ironically my blindness has shown me the way I am traveling and it has opened my eyes to allow me to see that I do not like it. This blur has sharpened my focus and expanded my vision to see that I do not want to continue like this or like I have been. Now, all I have to wonder is if once I get my vision back, will I retain the resolve to want to change. I hope so, but only time will tell.

I go back to the cardiologist on Sep 8.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yeah, dude, if you get down to two hundred pounds there's a very good chance you can walk again, plus move around and see and all this other stuff. Then we'd get another 40 years of you, which is something we all want, pal!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Even in blindness, brevity escapes him.

Welcome back, Commander.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Paul, if you'd like to make a little cash and try testing some parts of Cyberganked for me, let me know. We can work something out.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Paul, if you'd like to make a little cash and try testing some parts of Cyberganked for me, let me know. We can work something out.
I really appreciate the offer, but seeing as how I am in a state of blur where some things don't always work right I am afraid for the time being I have to say no.

I still have blur and floaters and sometimes they get really bad. It is getting better but I still have problems.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Paul, if you'd like to make a little cash and try testing some parts of Cyberganked for me, let me know. We can work something out.
I really appreciate the offer, but seeing as how I am in a state of blur where some things don't always work right I am afraid for the time being I have to say no.

I still have blur and floaters and sometimes they get really bad. It is getting better but I still have problems.
Understood. When you feel better, let me know, the offer still stands. Also, the fonts can be adjusted in the game to be really big, so that might help, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I want to get a little better guidance on this project because I'm afraid it's going to turn out like the last one on that space game where the guy wants to steal something out of the display but either the alarm goes off or they catch him too many times and they space him.

I get stuck at a point, say I am and I can't get help to get me past the sticky point.

But I still need to see what is going to happen with the floaters and blur. I'd say I'm back to maybe 75% of my vision before the incident but I still get problems.

I have, however, done two videos I hope to cut and release in the interim for the benefit of my numerous fans/enemies over at Caltrops. You know, I still have no idea what people want me to try; my most popular video with a couple thousand views is on how to clean a grill for the first use. Most do about 30-50 views.

I have one with my comments about ISIS/ISIL and one making French Toast.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote:I have one with my comments about ISIS/ISIL and one making French Toast.
Due to everyone's busy schedules, would it be possible to combine both of these into one video?
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."