Comment about Pinback's Nomango

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Comment about Pinback's Nomango

Post by Tdarcos »

Since Ben fixed his link for Nomango I decided to take a look. And I noticed this piece of... well, I'll let you decide what it's a piece of:
Nomango is simply the eternal expression that there is only this. But this is not what you think it is. The mind is the world of abstract thought, so it thinks this is the planet Earth, full of people, places, things, decisions, time, objects that can be named, bananas, mangos, etc.
The above reminds me of the following quote:
"Death is not important. Death is insignificant. Eternity is what is important. And eternity is now."
- Ayn Rand

But I'm wondering if there isn't something suspicious going on here. Since this place is nomango, why are there pictures of mangoes on his site which are not covered with a "universal no" symbol, a red circle and slash?

This incident seems auspicious of serious consideration, and I think we need to open an investigation into this mangogate affair.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

It's all about mindfulness.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

I'm sorry, what was the question?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:I'm sorry, what was the question?
You have mangoes pictured on your website, but, despite it being nomango, they are not overprinted with the universal "no" (red circle and slash) over them.

This is susicious, so I wonder if an investigation into mangogate is called for?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ah, okay, thanks.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.