The Day I Got an iPhone

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Remember, this is called innovation. If you don't bluetooth headsets then they don't want you to be a customer. Except that they do. Since Apple couldn't do anything revolutionary they did the next worse thing.

There was a Dr. Suess book involving Star-Bellied Sneeches and non Star-Bellied Sneeches. The Sneeches with stars were cool and the ones without stars weren't cool. Then one day (remember, this is me summarizing from my youth) someone built a machine to put stars on the non-Star Bellied Sneeches and everyone who wanted could have a star on their belly. Then the original Star-Bellied Sneeches found a way to remove the star from their bellies and THAT was the cool thing to be.

I'm sure anyone could Google this story and explain the stuff I missed as a kid. But that's not the point. Apple is telling us what's cool. We should not believe them, that's the point.

THE
LIVE IS TOO SHORT
TO BLUETOOTH STARS
ON OUR BELLIES
AARDVARK

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I agree. I wouldn't own anything Apple unless work had purchased it for me.

And yeah Flack.. the headphone jack thing is stupid. My main complaint is that I like using an FM radio app that uses the wire from the headphones connected to the jack as an antennae. To which they'd probably say "How about I heart Radio?" and I'd be like "How about no?"

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote:The worst reason given by Apple is that... well, it's time for it to go. The headphone jack has run its course. There are other things we have been using for a while that we still use, like wheels, and fire, and we still use them today.
About 140 Years ago the American Typewriter Company redesigned the layout of the keyboard because people could type so fast that they jammed the metal keys together on their manual keyboard.

American Typewriter pioneered the QWERTY keyboard around 1880 and while there have been other proposed layouts for key configurations such as Dvorak, no one has been able to come up with a better soiution that could overcome QWERTY. I mean, it's so ubiquitous that it wasn;t until I'd been doing it for years that I realized that I touch type in hunt and peck mode and rarely look at the keyboard.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

nope

Post by nope »

Tdarcos wrote:About 140 Years ago the American Typewriter Company redesigned the layout of the keyboard because people could type so fast that they jammed the metal keys together on their manual keyboard.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-cult ... 9/?no-ist=

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Yeah, I actually kind of like switching between various operating systems.
There is no force on earth that can make me go back to iOS. it's not zealotry, I just hate iTunes and the Moto Play I have now "just works" in a way that Apple stuff pretends to.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!