Pinback's #YOLO Solo Fatass Challenge

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Fuck you, this thread is mine now.

You know those times where you go out for happy hour and you have that slow, horrible realization that you're not gonna get fed?

Maybe it's because I live within walking distance to five breweries, but we have these nights where we are out with friends. Erm, her friends. Some of them are my f-- We're out with the goddamn Grundersons.

And the BAAAAAAAAAR or brewery has "appetizers." If you're lucky. The place tonight for happy hour had "caviar" and "meat and cheese plate." Because I want to relate to you people and the spammers, let's pretend I got the meat plate.

I'm eating the meat and cheese plate in front of her friends. That means I can't tip the entire thing into my mouth and consume it in one setting. Just a sec, Flack tweeted about a SD extender for the Amiga. Bought. I gotta make little goddamn sandwiches or some shit. To retain my masculinity, I eat the tea cracker, duck and cheese in one gulp. I am not sitting there HEE HEE taking bites of this.

There's a two hour limit downtown because it was "Happy Hour." That means we got two hour meter parking. We leave and I realize I didn't really have supper.

There was a boxed Caesar Salad in the fridge.

I come from a long line of pizza enthusiasts. My little suburb that I grew up in had six pizzerias for 2,000 people. I want to say thats the highest per-population in the world for GOOD pizza parlors. Places you'd actually go to. When deprived of supper, you order a pizza. Only I can't do that now because I live in Denver.

So I ate the boxed salad. Instead. God. If you call this "living."

But that's why I get this thread. I'll be updating every Sunday, and even more so when Pinback dies of a coronary. Not from being overweight, but because I stressed him out by badgering him about this fucken thread.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: I'll be updating every Sunday, and even more so when Pinback dies of a coronary. Not from being overweight, but because I stressed him out by badgering him about this fucken thread.
Thzt's "fucking thread" or "fuckin' thread." Please don't screw over the English language, too.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

New rule: Tdarcos is not allowed to correct people or offer advice in any weight loss thread.

Conversely, Tdarcos is allowed to correct everyone and offer any advice in any weight gaining thread.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

While I really do want to gain about 20 pounds, I am not prepared to eat SLOP to do so.

pinback

Post by pinback »

The Happiness Engine

Flack wrote:Conversely, Tdarcos is allowed to correct everyone and offer any advice in any weight gaining thread.
Oh sure, throw ME under the motorized wheelchair.

pinback

Post by pinback »

The Happiness Engine

118.6, fuck. Turns out cutting half your calories and doing tons more physical activity is a hard mountain to eat your way back down. (The mountain in this case is the unending plates of food I should be eating but instead am missing due to scattered appointments.)

RealNC

Re: Pinback's #YOLO Solo Fatass Challenge

Post by RealNC »

Time to revive this thread.

I started jogging (or running, no idea what I'm doing really) a month ago. 11km (about 7 miles) 5 times a week. It completely and utterly SUCKED the first week and made it painfully clear to me just how out of shape I am. I needed almost two hours to finish the route.

At some point it actually became enjoyable. I run for two minutes, walk for a minute to catch my breath, run for another couple minutes, repeat. I finish in about an hour now. The ultimate goal is to be able to run the whole route pretty much non-stop, but maybe that's an unrealistic goal, not sure.

Also stopped eating bread. Completely.

Lost about 6 pounds in a month. I expected more, but I'll take it.

Ice Cream Jonsey

That's really awesome. I wish I was nicer to people 9+ years ago. :(

I managed to go for two walks today. I feel great. I really hate that exercising and 8+ hours of sleep leads to (for me) less hunger and weight loss. I hate that THAT is the thing that works, but it does work.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Think of it this way too; there's a good chance you'll live to be old enough NOT to be able to walk 5 miles or so a day and you'll probably be wishing you could at least walk 2 miles, so you might as well do it now!

No way I could cut out bread.. but I don't eat much bread anyway.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mama Blue

Post by Mama Blue »

Ooh is this the accountability thread?

I really need to cut down my cannabis consumption...

https://ibb.co/jWBzWq3
https://ibb.co/8DkSgF9

Mama Blue

Post by Mama Blue »

Ugh not only did I clip the screenshot at the wrong part of the graph, I also didn't post them properly, only the links show. Failblog.org :( 😞

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Mama Blue wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:15 pm Ooh is this the accountability thread?

I really need to cut down my cannabis consumption...
"EYES RED, NO VISENE.

..I laugh when they ask if my piss clean" :cool:
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Midnight jogging. I guess it's gonna be my new thing. Running through the park at midnight with no other assholes to bother me. I think I might have interrupted a couple teenagers fucking, but that's not gonna stop me.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I am going to assume that the weather where you are is as perfect as it is on Earth because of all of the good things I have heard about your country. And still quite nice at midnight. I am a bit jelly. A WEE bit jelly.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:05 pm I am going to assume that the weather where you are is as perfect
I wish. I'll just quote Wikipedia: "Ioannina is the wettest city in mainland Greece." It forgot to mention that it's also the foggiest. Probably.

Well, at least if I get fatter again in winter I can blame it on the weather.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Fuck. I've got runner's knee.

Ice Cream Jonsey

But you ARE a runner!